PDA

View Full Version : Treehouse, The

Shambler
31-01-2005, 08:04 PM
I'd like to see an oldie called Treehouse. It's by the same company as Playroom, so there shouldn't be too many legal issues for anyone who has it. It's a kid's game, but I have fond memories.

Wael
31-01-2005, 08:05 PM
Here (http://www.the-underdogs.org/game.php?id=2051)

Shambler
31-01-2005, 08:22 PM
Sweet, thanks!

Wael
01-02-2005, 12:34 PM
You´re welcome,
Though the idea was to be able to post before the changing of the minute...

wormpaul
01-02-2005, 01:03 PM
Good enough for on the site??

rubixcube60
12-05-2011, 10:42 PM
Back in the computer lab at my elementary school there was a game that I can't identify. In the game you first chose a male or female character, both characters were children monkeys (and they looked kinda creepy if I remember correctly), the actual game was set in and around a tree house.

You could move around the tree house and interact with various object (feed fruit to animals, draw with chalk etc.). Clicking on certain things would teleport you to various mini games. I only remember one mini game in detail, you moved a car around by selecting a point on the grid, each point was either "good" (stopping at yellow lights etc.) or "bad" (speeding and other infractions) landing on good earned you points (money?) while bad made you lose some.

I don't remember any sort of goal or ending, simply a bunch of things to do. The system was most definitely windows (whole district did and still does use it exclusively), and judging by the graphics it is likely mid to late 90's. I looked into the catalogs of the company's that published other games (I managed to correctly ID all of the other games the lab had) but was unable to find anything. The companies in question were MECC and Sunburst (Hot Dog Stand FTW!).

Thank you for any assistance in discovering the identity of the game!

(EDIT: Forgot to mention that the game was entirely point & click, also MECC and Sunburst are both apparently part of Houghton Mifflin Company.)

TotalAnarchy
14-05-2011, 07:28 AM
Back in the computer lab at my elementary school there was a game that I can't identify. In the game you first chose a male or female character, both characters were children monkeys (and they looked kinda creepy if I remember correctly), the actual game was set in and around a tree house.

You could move around the tree house and interact with various object (feed fruit to animals, draw with chalk etc.). Clicking on certain things would teleport you to various mini games. I only remember one mini game in detail, you moved a car around by selecting a point on the grid, each point was either "good" (stopping at yellow lights etc.) or "bad" (speeding and other infractions) landing on good earned you points (money?) while bad made you lose some.

I don't remember any sort of goal or ending, simply a bunch of things to do. The system was most definitely windows (whole district did and still does use it exclusively), and judging by the graphics it is likely mid to late 90's. I looked into the catalogs of the company's that published other games (I managed to correctly ID all of the other games the lab had) but was unable to find anything. The companies in question were MECC and Sunburst (Hot Dog Stand FTW!).

Thank you for any assistance in discovering the identity of the game!

(EDIT: Forgot to mention that the game was entirely point & click, also MECC and Sunburst are both apparently part of Houghton Mifflin Company.)

Maybe it's an updated version of Broderbund's Treehouse (http://www.mobygames.com/game/dos/treehouse)?

rubixcube60
14-05-2011, 02:11 PM
Maybe it's an updated version of Broderbund's Treehouse (http://www.mobygames.com/game/dos/treehouse)?
That's it! I guess I remember it looking a little better, must have been a port since I'm 100% sure it was windows (an older version though). I coulda sworn I searched for "treehouse" but I must have missed it. Thanks for finding it!

rubixcube60
16-05-2011, 04:17 AM
Can this game be labeled abandonware? I found a copy on another site and wondered if I would be able to upload it, would this be allowed or do I actually have to own and rip the game myself to upload it?

Expack2
16-05-2011, 05:19 PM
Since The Treehouse meets Abandonia's Definition of Abandonware (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/showpost.php?p=340837&postcount=2)...

The Treehouse - [APPROVED]

fooker
26-06-2011, 01:43 AM
I have a newer version of this game on floppy disk.

You want floppy disk images?

arete
26-06-2011, 11:11 AM
Mmm, the server is still down, so you can't upload anything. Unfortunately :(

arete
04-07-2011, 10:49 AM
Onsite, but fooker's offering a newer version.