PDA

View Full Version : Panzel General problem

Dougie B
07-05-2011, 04:30 AM
Reference thread (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/showthread.php?t=14611) -EoF

I have VESA480.dll in C:\PG\LIB\DRV. Do you have to mount it on the D: ?
Can you walk us through step by step in simple terms how to solve the VESA480.DLL error problem.

This is my first time "coding" and I'm actually surprised I made it this far. I absolutely love PG and don't want to give up. I have DosBox 0.74. I loaded all the PG files into a 'dosprogs' folder on the C drive (using Windows Vista). I'm at the point in DosBox where I'm supposed to enter "PGV" to launch the game, and I get the VESA480.dll error. What do I do from here?

arete
07-05-2011, 11:14 AM
Ok, quick question: did you get your copy on this site? If so, we'll have to fix it. Otherwise, have you tried using pg.bat? Usually .bat files are created to obviate such configuration problems. Otherwise, i'm afraid you'll have to wait for someone smarter :)

Japo
07-05-2011, 04:55 PM
I can't really remember whatever was going on here four years ago, but the game downloaded from here works fine with DOSBox out of the box. You're not supposed to enter "pgv" as far as I know but "pg", at least if you're using the version we host here, and otherwise we can't help you.

arete
07-05-2011, 05:01 PM
^^ what above smart person said.