PDA

View Full Version : Installing Wizardry 3

jmcdtucson
29-04-2011, 03:40 AM
I'm using D-Fend to run Wizardry 3. I can run it fine but the first thing is to create a scenario disk.

I assume it wants a floppy disk to write to.

I've tried various ways of mounting an A drive - floppy as folder, floppy image, but whenever I go to make scenario disk, it tells me there is data on the disk and do I want to format. If I say yes, it says there is a "format error" and that's as far as I get.

Can any one point me in the right direction?

twillight
29-04-2011, 05:05 PM
You should maybe check what the source sais you got the game from.

I bet on the other hand the flop-disc requirement was changed (removed) anyway, and it should work like Wizardry 1 here on abandonia.

Eagle of Fire
29-04-2011, 06:29 PM
Isn't there a specific flag you can use when you mount a drive to specify it as a floppy drive? If you didn't try this yet then it should be your next move.

I am unsure if you can do that with D-Fend though. You would definitely need to type it in somewhere.

Tracker
29-04-2011, 06:40 PM
I'm using D-Fend to run Wizardry 3. I can run it fine but the first thing is to create a scenario disk.

I assume it wants a floppy disk to write to.

I've tried various ways of mounting an A drive - floppy as folder, floppy image, but whenever I go to make scenario disk, it tells me there is data on the disk and do I want to format. If I say yes, it says there is a "format error" and that's as far as I get.

Can any one point me in the right direction?

You don't need to create a scenario disk. At least in my version of the game it said "You can't play without making a scenario disk!" - but when I press S it just starts the game. It was only implemented for making a backup copy of your original disks in order to save them from daily wear, if I'm correct. By the way, won't you need to import your characters from Wizardry 2?

jmcdtucson
30-04-2011, 03:08 AM
You don't need to create a scenario disk. At least in my version of the game it said "You can't play without making a scenario disk!" - but when I press S it just starts the game. It was only implemented for making a backup copy of your original disks in order to save them from daily wear, if I'm correct. By the way, won't you need to import your characters from Wizardry 2?

Thanks! It's working fine now. I started with Wizardry 1.