PDA

View Full Version : Original Cd Rom Game

futball_luv
24-01-2005, 10:07 PM
I put the CD in and it revs up but nothing happens. It never shows up on my desktop and I don't know if it would be anywhere else. My computer is run by Windows XP...please help me.

BUFFY
24-01-2005, 10:09 PM
Um, have you tried Start > Run > D:

Then double click the setup.exe (or similar icon)

Is this the problem? You can't access the disk, or you dont know how? Maybe just reply in this topic rather then posting new topics.

futball_luv
24-01-2005, 10:12 PM
I did what you told me, about the Start run D: A warning thing came up and said that it may be corrupt or that Windows might not be compatable.

BUFFY
24-01-2005, 10:21 PM
Ok, whats the game... are you sure the disk isn't scratched etc....

Another method to view the disc contents is to Double click My Computer > Right click CD-Drive > Explore. If Explore is not present, then just double click the CD-Drive to open it up.

However if your cd is corrupt this may just show you the same error.... try cleaning the cd with a soft cloth from the inside to the outside first... Dont wipe in a circular motion.

futball_luv
24-01-2005, 10:29 PM
hey thanks...I give that a try

Rogue
25-01-2005, 01:47 AM
What is the game?

Most of old DOS games will not work on WinXP. You'll need to use DOSBox or VDMSound to play them.

Can you also please select different avatar, as this one is used by one of the members. (just to prevent confusion)

BUFFY
25-01-2005, 11:19 AM
The game that person was trying to install was Lords of the Realm II.
I think the disc was corrupt as the error said when the disc was run.