PDA

View Full Version : Hello all! Brand new as of today!

captain38
25-01-2011, 06:14 AM
I am proud to say that my very first dos download experience happened today, as well as my very first posts on this forum. I was just looking to experience some of the games I grew up with and got sucked in. With that said, I do have a couple of questions; 1. What are the requirements in order to post a new thread dealing with some trouble shooting. (oil's well and sim city 2000) 2. Is there anyway to assign the mouse (both buttons and directional) to the keyboard? I've been all over keymapper. Talk to me like I'm two...because in the dos world, I am.
Nice to meet all of you!

The Fifth Horseman
25-01-2011, 06:59 AM
1. What are the requirements in order to post a new thread dealing with some trouble shooting. (oil's well and sim city 2000) No requirements. Anyone can post one.
2. Is there anyway to assign the mouse (both buttons and directional) to the keyboard? I've been all over keymapper.Not really.

Dave
25-01-2011, 12:18 PM
You are welcome to Abandonia :)
I'm sure that with a bit of patience you'll be able to play those games again ;)

DarthHelmet86
25-01-2011, 12:31 PM
Welcome to AB.

captain38
25-01-2011, 04:27 PM
Thanks for the replies. The Fifth Horseman (or anyone for that matter) I tried starting a new thread in order to ask some questions I had about a couple of games and was met with the inability to post a new thread. However, in certain parts of this forum (obviously this part) I have been successful. Any thoughts?

DarthHelmet86
25-01-2011, 04:29 PM
You can't make threads in Abandonia Games Discussion, if you want to post a thread for troubleshooting....post it in Troubleshooting. :p

captain38
25-01-2011, 04:49 PM
Thanks! I wasn't for sure, seeing how the Games Discussion mentioned problems, I thought perhaps this was the perferred method. Thanks for setting me straight.

_r.u.s.s.
25-01-2011, 08:54 PM
2. Is there anyway to assign the mouse (both buttons and directional) to the keyboard? you can use some 3rd party scripting language, like this wonderful autohotkey (http://www.autohotkey.com/) (don't worry, noob friendly)