PDA

View Full Version : 1)german Games?

GermanPlayer
23-01-2005, 06:48 PM
Hello all your Games are in English is it possible to find them in German? Like the Sierra Adventures or other Adventures and RPGS which were relewased even in German language !?
Is it possilbe you will create a German Section for German Abondonware Gamer?

thx

Data
23-01-2005, 06:53 PM
It's possible to find german versions. It's unlikely that we will add them though.

There is a german version of abandonware. but it has the same english games.

*edited the topic title.*

wormpaul
23-01-2005, 09:20 PM
Are some games ever translated into Deutsch???

I know you all do with the TV and the zombies but also now with games??? :blink:

Data
23-01-2005, 10:14 PM
yes lot's of them

Tom Henrik
24-01-2005, 09:59 AM
In fact... 90 % of them. ;)

The Fifth Horseman
24-01-2005, 10:23 AM
Fortunately, I am lucky that here in Poland the publishers went for a sensible solution and now whatever is localised is usually in the "cinema version" way, andyou can always get an unlocalised copy (which is good considering the awful quality of some translations).

Strobe
24-01-2005, 12:05 PM
Originally posted by wormpaul
Are some games ever translated into Deutsch???

buddy, you'll be very surprised, but actually MANY games are translated into
"deutsch". anyway, why not, as it is not only suiting german gamers but
swiss and austrian gamers, as well, for with some differences in pronounciation
germany, swizerland and austra are using almost the same language! :D

so there are three countries profiting from german translated games!

The Niles
24-01-2005, 01:08 PM
And a population of over 100 Milion which is more then 33% of the US market size. It pays do it. There is even a market for German only games albeit not too many good titles are in that market.

Now if only they would stop making those dreadfull Dutch translations.

Sebatianos
24-01-2005, 01:15 PM
Here's a thought.
The games, that people doing the German translations of the reviews, can get a translation off, could be added in a link.

So let's say Zak McCracken (I know there was a German version for C64) would work the same way as it does now, but if you click on the game from the German link, you'll be able to get two file to download - English and German. Could that work?
But that doesn't mean we'll only add games that have translations. Those who translate the reviews could, if they find a copy, mention it in the review and add the archive.
:tomato:
I know it's more work, but it's just an idea.

GermanPlayer
24-01-2005, 06:12 PM
I think that ideas are good, i mean itn would be the best if we could download the German Version of Games!

DonCorleone
24-01-2005, 08:19 PM
Maybe it would be a great idea. But wouldn´t it mean to use double server space to get to versions of a game uploaded? To me - and I´m German - it doesn´t matter, if a game is in my native language or in a language that everybody should be able to understand;).
Yup, I´m not against it but I´m not voting for it, either...:)

GermanPlayer
25-01-2005, 12:33 PM
HI DOnm, the Problem just is, that it is very difficult to find Abondonware Games in German language! Please dont forget not everybpdy speaking and understanding english very well ;) Have you played ever Ultima 7 in English and you just understand the half of that what they are saying? Thats a terrible break of story!

Luchsen
11-02-2005, 07:25 PM
What is with only-German games? We could offer them only in German section if there isn't a demand in other languages.

wormpaul
14-02-2005, 03:03 PM
I think it`s too much work for such less visitors of the german site :not_ok:

Luchsen
14-02-2005, 03:17 PM
It could also be a new category. Then it is visible for all languages and interested non Germans and Germans using English version can look through it. 8.5% of pageviews are from Germany, second best after English countries.

Strobe
14-02-2005, 06:06 PM
although this idea is basically not bad, i think that there are not enough
german-only games to put into this section!

there are many games being translated into german. but there are for sure
as many games which have been translated into french or spanish.

so we would have to put up categories for each of those languages, and that
might be too much work in relation to the need.

that fact that abandonia is online in so many different languages concerning
reviews and stuff is fairly enough.