PDA

View Full Version : Central Intelligence

DarthHelmet86
26-11-2010, 08:42 AM
Sadly we have a problem getting this game to run from the archive supplied on the FTP. Having downloaded the ISO from the Cellar the game will run if mounted as D:, however if you copy the files out of the ISO (The ones inside the Central_Intelligence file are the same as the archive on the FTP) and try to run it from your C: dirve it will not work. If you mount that folder as your D: drive with a C: drive mounted as well the game will run. However we would like to get it so the game runs straight from the C: drive, with no need to mount the folder as a D: drive.

I know this is a bit complicated but the basics of it is we want to get the files on the ISO to run without needing to be mounted as a CDRom. Dosraider if you can supply any help at all that would be great.

The Fifth Horseman
26-11-2010, 10:49 AM
Does the game work if mounted as E: ?

I see two solutions: First is to find whatever dictates the use of a specific drive letter and changing that. Works for some games.
The second is to use the CDEMU utility to create a virtual drive. It's kind of superfluous to DOSBox' MOUNT command, though.

DarthHelmet86
26-11-2010, 10:53 AM
Genuis...when mounted as E: it also works...so I tried mounting the game folder as C:\.....and it works.

The Fifth Horseman
26-11-2010, 11:25 AM
So it just has to run from the drive's root?

DarthHelmet86
26-11-2010, 11:26 AM
That would seem to be the case.

dxlogan
20-04-2011, 10:17 AM
Well I have an original copy of the ci (no box =[ ) and the way I do it now is like this:

1. Start DosBox
2. mount c D:\games\ci
3. c:
4. ci

Like that. I have no idea how come it expects you to run on c:\ ..and root.. odd times back then. =)

BTW, I have seriously confused how to play this game really (it's few of those games I couldn't figure out while I was young), so if anyone is happy to discuss feel free to drop me an email (no! not pm plz!). =)

Cheers
DxLogan