PDA

View Full Version : Php Screw Up

Ioncannon
23-01-2005, 02:59 PM
I am trying to get this phpform to work... I put it on my ftp and when I load up the index file I get its code... why? here is the link

http://members.rogers.com/filip.maj/phpform/index.php

Puffin
23-01-2005, 03:03 PM
You are seeing this page because you did not follow the steps mentioned in the README file that comes with this program. This page is for installation verification, and will ensure that you have performed all the steps required for this program to work properly. Please take a look at the following message and fix any errors.

Did you do that already?
And are you sure that the host of the ftp allowes forms? Not all do...
But I don't really know much about php :tomato:

mouse31e
23-01-2005, 03:04 PM
silly question but just checking - you do have php installed on your server don't you?

I just put the same page on my server and it works fine!

That seems like the most likely option.

Ioncannon
23-01-2005, 03:09 PM
hmm well I would guess that the host would have php on their server? or would I need to have it on my ftp?

mouse31e
23-01-2005, 03:14 PM
A lot of hosts don't have php on the servers. When I moved to my current host it took quite a while to find a host I was happy with that did have it.

My advice, check with your host. If they don't have php it would explain exactly why it doesn't work. Also, but less likely, if that is a new script, it may use something that is not supported on older versions of php which a lot of hosts are still running!

Ioncannon
23-01-2005, 03:17 PM
I guess I can't host it on this server =\