PDA

View Full Version : Jill of the Jungle - Jill goes Underground HELP!!

phoenixfirecat
02-06-2010, 12:45 PM
Hi there!

I'm not the best with technology, especially anything to do with DOS, it was a bit before my time. However when I was really little I used to play Jill of the Jungle on my dad's computer. I recently got a hold of a copy of the original Jill, and I've always wanted to play the sequels - Jill goes underground and Jill savese the prince. I found downloads of these fairly easily however when I ran the program it basically had a spack attack. It works, but when Jill is supposed to be running across the screen, she goes really really slowly, like every move is accentuated. The best way I can describe it is a computer game's version of being put in very very slow motion.

Does anyone know how to fix this? I think I am just running it from "Command Prompt" in Windows XP but the first version of Jill worked fine which is why I'm so confused!!

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!

dosraider
02-06-2010, 12:49 PM
As you asked the same in another topic you get the same answer here:
[echo mode]
Dosbox? (http://www.dosbox.com/download.php?main=1) and Tutos? (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/forumdisplay.php?f=90)
And of course Dosbox WIKI (http://www.dosbox.com/wiki/Main_Page)

And if that's all too much the short dosbox manual:

================
5. Special Keys:
================

ALT-ENTER Switch to full screen and back.
ALT-PAUSE Pause emulation (hit ALT-PAUSE again to continue).
CTRL-F1 Start the keymapper.
CTRL-F4 Change between mounted floppy/CD images. Update directory cache
for all drives.
CTRL-ALT-F5 Start/Stop creating a movie of the screen. (avi video capturing)
CTRL-F5 Save a screenshot. (PNG format)
CTRL-F6 Start/Stop recording sound output to a wave file.
CTRL-ALT-F7 Start/Stop recording of OPL commands. (DRO format)
CTRL-ALT-F8 Start/Stop the recording of raw MIDI commands.
CTRL-F7 Decrease frameskip.
CTRL-F8 Increase frameskip.
CTRL-F9 Kill DOSBox.
CTRL-F10 Capture/Release the mouse.
CTRL-F11 Slow down emulation (Decrease DOSBox Cycles).
CTRL-F12 Speed up emulation (Increase DOSBox Cycles)*.
ALT-F12 Unlock speed (turbo button/fast forward)**.
F11, ALT-F11 (machine=cga) change tint in NTSC output modes***
F11 (machine=hercules) cycle through amber, green, white colouring***

[/echo mode]

phoenixfirecat
02-06-2010, 12:55 PM
As you asked the same in another topic you get the same answer here:

Dude, so don't even know how to find that first post I posted in ... that's how fail i am at computers... I'll see if I can work this solution, thanks heaps, i really appreciate it!

phoenixfirecat
02-06-2010, 01:00 PM
So the basic suggestion is to download Dosbox and run it with that?

phoenixfirecat
02-06-2010, 01:13 PM
So the basic suggestion is to download Dosbox and run it with that?

Got it sorted! Thanks so much for the help! Sorry if I was a bit spammy :)

dosraider
02-06-2010, 02:15 PM
Dude, so don't even know how to find that first post I posted in ... that's how fail i am at computers... I'll see if I can work this solution, thanks heaps, i really appreciate it!

Simply click on the http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/images/buttons/viewpost.gif in my quoted post....
Got it sorted! Thanks so much for the help! Sorry if I was a bit spammy :)

Enjoy it, :)

BTW, if you have sorted it out without further help you can't be thát bad on a computer, just saying. :OK:

phoenixfirecat
02-06-2010, 03:34 PM
BTW, if you have sorted it out without further help you can't be thát bad on a computer, just saying. :OK:

Haha just good comprehension skills - the Wiki helped the most. When there, when to the appropriate operating system (windows!) and downloaded it, and i vaguely remembered how dos worked from starting up jill when i was young. im pretty sure that computer was real dos! there was a help thing and i figured out how to open jill through dos :) 2-3 hours later and much procrastination was had on jill goes underground! much love for the help hahaha