PDA

View Full Version : New Forum User, Long-time Web Visitor...

Dry Mango
16-05-2010, 08:24 AM
Hello everyone.

I am unfamiliar with these forums, but very familiar with the main website. As with most of you, DOS games played a big role in my childhood and many of them today give me a big wave of nostalgia.

While I never truly lost interest in video games, I simply don't give today's games the same amount of respect as I do with the older ones. I am very fortunate to have stumbled here in the first place, because I know a fair amount of video gamers who have never heard of DOS games, let alone work the DOS commands.

One of the few modern games left that I play on a regular basis is Runescape, a MMORPG. Because I was fascinated with the way RPGs were made in the early 1990s, Runescape helped me discover that magic feeling. I started playing in 2003 and have taken many breaks since. I am always looking forward to such games as Runescape and World of Warcraft for new content, new areas to explore, and new talents.

Sadly, I have a history of causing trouble when it comes to the community forums. Online communities were never something I highly regarded as being respectful, and I have met my share of idiots, trolls, and foul-talking gimps. As a former fan of Sonic the Hedgehog, I joined up on many Sonic boards to see how people felt about the franchise. I ended up getting myself tangled in flame debate, calling people idiots, and getting banned for being a nuisance. Another site, Retrojunk, I also ran into trouble. They ran a few user based boards where they were there solely to humiliate others. So, like some of the Sonic boards, I ended up getting banned because of clash of opinion.

So there's my little story. I would really like to talk more but since it is past midnight I have to get my sleep. I am not trying to offend anyone, referring to the paragraph above. I found this place a very interesting area to hang out and I soon realized that us DOS fans are from all around the world.

DarthHelmet86
16-05-2010, 09:14 AM
Welcome to the forum. Hope you have a better time here.

Dave
16-05-2010, 11:26 PM
You are welcome Dry Mango, glad to meet another nostalgic retro-gamer :hello:

Internet is full of trolls and idiots, we can't do much for that :p. But if you want to avoid troubles at AB forums just take a look at rules:

http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/showthread.php?t=14100

Enjoy this place :)

yoga
17-05-2010, 02:11 PM
Welcome on board, mate..

I would like to tell YOU that I started the game World of Xeen 6 times without minor progress.

But in AB I found gentlemen who were so kind to help me to finish at last this nice game..And many more..

So, YOU find Your place..:smile2:

Enjoy!

:OK:

Dry Mango
17-05-2010, 10:07 PM
Thanks.

I easily could of joined up in 2004, but didn't bother since I was more interesting in getting the games. Without DosBOX I wouldn't of been able to experience or play these great titles.

arete
18-05-2010, 07:44 AM
If you'd like to write some reviews for games we don't yet have on site, please do. I really like your writing style :)

ianfreddie07
19-05-2010, 12:44 AM
Welcome on board.

You... might want to avoid the chatbox for a while. Things can get real crazy in there. :D

Matius53
18-10-2010, 07:25 PM
Hi Dry Mango, its nice to meet you! I'm new to the forum as well, today was my first post! I should have signed up a long time ago because old-school gamers are my kind of people! Its so rare to meet anyone who knows what I'm talking about. May our experiences on abandonia be fulfilling ones!