PDA

View Full Version : Problem with DosBox

StyleRiva89
01-04-2010, 12:11 PM
I have a problem with DosBox... when I try to type the "\" character on the keyboard (on my old PC DosBox mapped it on the "ù" key - I'm using an Italian keyboard), the "]" character comes out! I tried to see the keymapper, and it's ok, but I cannot type that "\" character... so I can't play any more! Any suggestions?

Further info: I have an HP Pavilion dv7 notebook with Win 7 Home Premium...

_r.u.s.s.
01-04-2010, 12:53 PM
why don't you switch your italian keyboard layout to english one? on the bottom panell

the quick key for this is alt+shift

StyleRiva89
02-04-2010, 08:47 PM
why don't you switch your italian keyboard layout to english one? on the bottom panell

the quick key for this is alt+shift

I've already tried, but no result...

Luchsen
02-04-2010, 10:20 PM
Q: I can't type \ or : in DOSBox.
A: This can happen in various cases, like your host keyboard layout does not have a matching DOS layout representation (or it was not correctly detected), or the key mapping is wrong.
Some possible fixes:
1. Use / instead, or ALT-58 for : and ALT-92 for \.
2. Change the DOS keyboard layout (see Section 7: Keyboard Layout).
3. Add the commands you want to execute to the [autoexec]-section of the DOSBox configuration file.
4. Open the DOSBox configuration file and change the usescancodes entry.
5. Switch the keyboard layout of your operating system.

Note that if the host layout can not be identified, or keyboardlayout is set to none in the DOSBox configuration file, the standard US layout is used. In this configuration try the keys around "enter" for the key \ (backslash), and for the key : (colon) use shift and the keys between "enter" and "l".

Eagle of Fire
02-04-2010, 10:43 PM
On a DOS keyboard, the \ is right next to the enter key, right above the shift button.

StyleRiva89
06-04-2010, 09:18 PM
Thanks a lot, now it works...