PDA

View Full Version : Anonymous and the logo.

Anonymousyrous
01-04-2010, 09:22 AM
The name of the new logo is: horrificallygayv7.gif

I think this is blatant homophobia and makes me feel like the site is owned by kids who are 12 years old.

I don't mind the pink, at all. But to equate "gay" with "girlish", "childish" or
"mylittleponeyish" is really juvenile. At least if you had make it look like a gay sauna add, with picture of half-naked boys, the joke would have made more sense, but "horrifically" in the title was probably expressing too much of the personal politics of whoever put that scam up.

Lulu_Jane
01-04-2010, 09:31 AM
I think you're reading too deeply into it.

hunvagy
01-04-2010, 09:48 AM
Another one who forgot to check the date?

_r.u.s.s.
01-04-2010, 09:54 AM

I think this is blatant homophobia and makes me feel like the site is owned by kids who are 12 years old.

I don't mind the pink, at all. But to equate "gay" with "girlish", "childish" or
"mylittleponeyish" is really juvenile. At least if you had make it look like a gay sauna add, with picture of half-naked boys, the joke would have made more sense, but "horrifically" in the title was probably expressing too much of the personal politics of whoever put that scam up.
hello, let me introduce you to my friend- Slang

it provides a great opportunity to express something for which there hasn't been made a word yet, by creating new onews, or taking from the old ones and giving them a new meaning

term `gay` abbreviates from a word `fаg` (fаggot), which abbreviated from a `bundle of twigs`, which means something bothersome and annoying. do you want us to rename the logo so it would fit your precious and holy etiquette?

also, your post was quite gay

Dave
01-04-2010, 10:23 AM
If you really see politics or other blatant things into this joke I have fear that you have a little problem. But I'm glad to inform you that the horrifically picture that made children die has been renamed. Now you can live in peace.

Anonymousyrous
01-04-2010, 10:50 AM
How do you throw a Merriam Webster at bigotry?

Main Entry: 1gay
Pronunciation: \ˈgā\
Function: adjective
Etymology: Middle English, from Anglo-French gai, of Germanic origin; akin to Old High German gāhi quick, sudden
Date: 14th century
1 a: happily excited: merry <in a gay mood> b: keenly alive and exuberant : having or inducing high spirits <a bird's gay spring song>
2 a: bright, lively <gay sunny meadows> b : brilliant in color
3 : given to social pleasures; also : licentious
4 a: homosexual <gay men> b : of, relating to, or used by homosexuals <the gay rights movement> <a gay bar>

I know it's April 1 and I know that this site is trying to be funny.
Things have suddenly turned so gay that I'm easily able to notice
a few assholes spourting out in the forum section.

It's a wonder the site wasn't temporarely renamed wehate******s.com,
really. What about: wekill******s.com? Oh not that's right.. it's horrificallyGay.com And it's not about homosexuals. Uh, no. That little rainbow up there is pure coincidence.

What a sucking, retarded, juvenile concept for an April's Fool day.

The Fifth Horseman
01-04-2010, 10:54 AM

I think this is blatant illiteracy on your side and makes me feel like that post was made by a kid who is 12 years old.

I don't mind the idiocy, at all. But to equate "gay" with "homosexual" is really juvenile.

gay (comparative gayer or more gay, superlative gayest or most gay)
1. (dated) Happy, joyful, and lively.
2. (dated) Festive, bright, or colourful.
3. Homosexual.
4. (colloquial) Characteristic of homosexual appearance or behavior (often in a stereotypical sense).
5. Feminine in behavior, or, non-masculine, behaving in a way associated with females.
6. (slang, pejorative) Used to express dislike: Lame, uncool.
7. (of a dog's tail) Upright or curved over the back.

Lulu_Jane
01-04-2010, 10:58 AM
Ok, Let's nip this in the bud right now.

I saved the file and created the filename many many many many months ago. It had nothing to do with the concept of today. An admin has changed the file name for you so you've nothing to be upset about in regard to the site and it's staff/administation.

Now, if you want to accuse me of being homophobic, you're welcome to. But bear this in mind, you don't know me, my social circles, by sexual orientation, or my sense of humour. Honestly, I think you've got better things to get upset about.

Now, I'm going back to listen to more BEARFORCE1! :)

EDIT: Ok guys, enough with the quoting internet dictionaries back and forth at each other.
EDIT 2: Ok, which one of you registered this account? :p

Anonymousyrous
01-04-2010, 11:03 AM
Oh, you changed it.

About dying: people once were exterminated for being forced to wear cute little pink triangle badges. Pink-as-tragic is not so far-fetched from reality.

_r.u.s.s.
01-04-2010, 11:03 AM
I think this is blatant illiteracy on your side and makes me feel like that post was made by a kid who is 12 years old.

I don't mind the idiocy, at all. But to equate "gay" with "homosexual" is really juvenile.

gay (comparative gayer or more gay, superlative gayest or most gay)
1. (dated) Happy, joyful, and lively.
2. (dated) Festive, bright, or colourful.
3. Homosexual.
4. (colloquial) Characteristic of homosexual appearance or behavior (often in a stereotypical sense).
5. Feminine in behavior, or, non-masculine, behaving in a way associated with females.
6. (slang, pejorative) Used to express dislike: Lame, uncool.
7. (of a dog's tail) Upright or curved over the back.
thanks for pointing the obvious out and bringing this to our attention. also getting to a level of an angry teenager by bringing up the dictionary definitions. what amuses me most, though, is how you suddenly change your arguments since you called us homophobes and now you show us all the meanings of the word gay. that's just makes me smile like never

by the way, let me remind you about my little friend here- s-l-a-n-g

so thanks for dropping by and being gay for seeking attention. goodbye!

Lulu_Jane
01-04-2010, 11:07 AM
Oh, you changed it.

About dying: people once were exterminated for being forced to wear cute little pink triangle badges. Pink-as-tragic is not so far-fetched from reality.

Godwin's Law by proxy invoked.

Thread over, thanks for playing!

Feel free to start complaining about our insensitivity regarding communist atrocity over here (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/showthread.php?p=401532#post401532)

Anonymousyrous
01-04-2010, 11:26 AM
This is continued because some posted that I was having delusional dementia
for being offuscated by "HorrificallyGay".

Trying to pretend the joke wasn't on homosexuals is just the most hypocrite thing. The rainbow flag is obvious.

I don't mean that there isn't ways to make a fake
gay site with humor. The way it was done was tasteless.

The gaybear site proposal might have been funny.
There's ways to be funny about homosexuality
without being gratuitously condescending.

Lulu_Jane
01-04-2010, 11:28 AM
The previous thread was closed for a reason. Starting a new one is reaching into the realms of boring trolling.

Dave
01-04-2010, 11:38 AM
Dear Talkie, I'm sorry but you are acting as a troll, we renamed the picture with a new one as you asked. Just for the record that picture has been created following the style of Pony Star game, that is not related to homosexuality in any way.

http://www.ponystars.com/

Please stop this ridiculous behavior or you'll be banned from Abandonia.