PDA

View Full Version : ultima underworld -The Stygian Abyss

gregor
25-05-2004, 09:06 AM
since some here play RPG games i was wondering if anyone knows the proper movement keys for this game. i played this game once in original and came till the last level only i didn't know it was the last one so i stopped playing because i thought there are more levels to go through. now i am trying to replay it because i found t on internet. unfortunetelly i don't have the manual. so i was wondering what the movement keys are. especially backward and slide. i can't remember if it even has it. i tried "x" for backward but it works in a strange way. sometimes it does and some times it doesen't

w - forward
q - turn left
e - turn right
?? - backward
?? - slide left
?? - slide right

LotharGR
25-05-2004, 09:21 AM
since ultima underworld is one of the first 3D-first-person games, there is a good chance that "slide" and "backward" do not exist... :)

FreeFreddy
25-05-2004, 10:39 AM
That's just right, there are no such movement options, and I know it 'cause I have both Stygian Abyss and Labyrinth of Worlds. By the way, I steer the game always with mouse, as it was planned for the game too and I think steering the game with mouse is better and more detailed as you can set the slower/faster movement speed only with mouse

gregor
25-05-2004, 11:28 AM
hmm. just as i suspected.

what about jump/levitate? only with spell?

FreeFreddy
25-05-2004, 12:18 PM
Jump is the J key or press left+right mouse buttons together; levitate / fly only whith spell, Q up, down whether A or W or E, not sure anymore; look up - 1, look down - 3 or 2, not sure here too

Anonymous
25-05-2004, 01:17 PM
Maybe you should try this one

http://uwadv.sourceforge.net/index.php?page=news

Underworld Adventures

Welcome to the Underworld Adventures home page. Underworld Adventures is a project to recreate Ultima Underworld 1 on modern operating systems (e.g. Win32, Linux or MacOS), using the original game files. It uses OpenGL for 3D graphics, the SDL library for platform specific tasks and Lua for scripting. It is developed as Open Source and is licensed under the GNU General Public License.

As far as I can say, they did a good job.

FreeFreddy
25-05-2004, 01:27 PM
Good job, yes, but then it is no more the original nice game from the old good time (makes the differnce for me 8) ).

gregor
26-05-2004, 11:53 AM
ok thanks for all the info.

yes openGL looks nice.maybe i will give it a try.
i am actually having fun with playing doom2, hexen and heretic in openGL. it's like playing a totally different game. and they also plan to put in 3d characters. but even without them it's cool to see those fireballs from IMP.

gregor
07-06-2004, 08:23 AM
damn it. i forgot that you can't increase strength of the character. i thought you can do it on the shrines. so i chosen the character with not high enough strenght. i saw some cheats on the internet, but i can't get them to work. they say:

Submit (or enter) one of the codes below while playing the game to enable that particular cheat code.

What code does Code
Unlimited strength [F10]G
More light [F10]I
Level skip [F10]W
Stop time and monsters [F10]Z

but when i press F10 my character only goes to sleep and doesen't grow any stronger. does anyone know how to make tehse cheats work? i need them to get the strength up. otherwise iw ould really have to start all over again because i am tired of keep thinking what i can(should) take with me and what not.

next time i must read the hints first before i start playing such games. every hint says that strength is important.

Vaikunta
17-07-2006, 12:57 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(gregor @ May 25 2004, 06:06 AM) 2379</div>
since some here play RPG games i was wondering if anyone knows the proper movement keys for this game. i played this game once in original and came till the last level only i didn't know it was the last one so i stopped playing because i thought there are more levels to go through. now i am trying to replay it because i found t on internet. unfortunetelly i don't have the manual. so i was wondering what the movement keys are. especially backward and slide. i can't remember if it even has it. i tried "x" for backward but it works in a strange way. sometimes it does and some times it doesen't

w - forward
q - turn left
e - turn right
?? - backward
?? - slide left
?? - slide right
[/b]

I was able to walk backwards and sidewalk...
W- runs forward
S - walk forward
A - Turn left
D - turn right
Z - sidewalk left
C - sidewalk right
X - walk backwards
Don't know what kept you from doing these things.. Although being the first 3D game, it is still better than many 3D games from nowadays.

Eagle of Fire
17-07-2006, 01:35 AM
Do not resurect old threads from the death. I'm never looking forward to see threads being resurected after two years of innactivity...

Rule 3 (http://www.abandonia.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=2606): No thread resurrection. By thread resurrection, I am talking about threads that are about 3-4 weeks old which have gotten buried under the newer threads, and they don't have to be on the second page. There is one exception to this: the starter of a thread may continue any of his old threads as long as the topic of his new post matches the topic of his old thread.[/b]