PDA

View Full Version : 2 things

nextinline
13-03-2010, 12:48 AM
why are there no more ATs anymore theres only issue 1 and that was in may 2009 and why not make At monthly like real magazines?:thumbs:

marko river
13-03-2010, 12:56 PM
Great idea. I think we could make it monthly magazine with some 5-6 pages... maybe...

TotalAnarchy
13-03-2010, 12:59 PM
Great idea. I think we could make it monthly magazine with some 5-6 pages... maybe...

Lol, that's not a magazine. That's a pamphlet.

The Fifth Horseman
13-03-2010, 12:59 PM
AT project leaders don't last very long on the assignment. Also, we don't have enough resources (materials, volunteers, time etc) to make it monthly. You're horribly underestimating how much work is needed to produce one issue of a monthly magazine.

marko river
13-03-2010, 03:37 PM
Yeah, like people have salaries for that kind of job...

Saccade
15-03-2010, 04:31 PM
Little birdies tell me things, you know - I hear things.

May I remind all you lot that the reason I stopped working on AT was because of my HDD being fried and stupidly not having backed up any of the content (apart from online resources that were posted here).

All you people with the big fucking ideas and "suggesting" things - how many of you followed through with YOUR assignments..? Hmmm?

I can count the number on one fucking hand. ie FIVE of you.
That's out of over FOURTY people who said they would contribute.
And that's not including the ~40 AT staff...

It's not even like I didn't chase you and hound you. Guess you never received those PMs/Emails, eh..?

Making the magazine is a piece of piss. Any old tosser can do it. All you need is some DTP software and some words and pictures.
Getting decent content is harder and, in a world of limited histories, retro content is fairly constrained.

A 5-6 page newsletter would suck, but it would be better than nothing.
When people see that things such as this are possible, they will get on board and forget that they ever said that it was a bad idea or that they were disappointed with the results or whatever.

Is there really enough interest and material to make this worth while?
I thought so, but that's because I was including a lot of things that weren't abandonware (namely new games, other platforms, fun shit and indie stuff - thanks to the people at Reloaded. Wait... No... That was pretty much me doing it all too...)

This project is/was a fucking pain in the arse.
Either it should be scrapped or it should be worked upon and discussed less.

Internet limbo is a real place.

DarkArmada
16-03-2010, 09:47 AM
This is probably as good a place as any, just letting you know I'm still here, checking the boards to make sure there's not a revamp of AT being pushed fwd with etc.

I really enjoyed the brief time I had writing and helping out Saccade with what I could. But in the interest of not sitting here discussing what is or what could of been, I just wanted to let you (specifically Saccade as you're not accepting PM's atm) but also the AT team that if there's something that needs doing, let me know :D