PDA

View Full Version : A site wide newsletter to all you guys

blomman9
12-03-2010, 03:06 PM
Good day everyone

Today friday the 12th March 2010 there has been sent out a newsletter to all of the Abandonia users.

We wanted the newsletter to reach all users, old, inactive, active and new.

We would like to highlight proposals for design. If there are any members wanting to help getting the newsletter out with nice information, please write some notes and dont forget to check your inbox's.

Some quick notes before I go home for the week3nd.

/Robert

The Fifth Horseman
12-03-2010, 04:33 PM
I believe we had some kind of design concept for this. Somewhere.

faeornran
12-03-2010, 08:02 PM
I always forget to check back here once a week thanks to school. The newsletter is awesome.

I honestly very much appreciate it, even though it seems like it could use some more design work.

Stay awesome like you always have been, Abandonia.

Dave
14-03-2010, 09:48 PM
These are great news Robert!Thank you!
My inbox has not seen one for too much time :)

I believe we had some kind of design concept for this. Somewhere.
Fabian prepared one and luckily I still have it into my HD, I'll send it to you Robert by mail.

Luchsen
15-03-2010, 01:25 PM
Didn't get any mail. :(

Saccade
15-03-2010, 01:50 PM
Ok, great :D

Now how do I opt out of the spam-mail/newsletter?
[ed]
or is this a one off and we can opt out at another time?

blomman9
15-03-2010, 01:54 PM
Now how do I opt out of the spam-mail/newsletter?
[ed]
or is this a one off and we can opt out at another time?

It is a newsletter list and you can only opt out by clicking on your personal unsubscribe link located in the footer of the mail.

Saccade
15-03-2010, 02:07 PM
Nice - thanks man

The "share on facebook" thing is pretty good.
I wonder whether lulu_jane could use that for the AB facebook account..?

AB still doesn't use the social networking stuff as extensively as it could, imo.
[not that my o counts for much]

blomman9
15-03-2010, 05:27 PM
AB still doesn't use the social networking stuff as extensively as it could, imo.
[not that my o counts for much]

That's right, given the current expansion of social media we are able to automate a lot of these links for each piece of information on Abandonia. It is a very important part of any website today. Thank you for your input.

MrFlibble
19-03-2010, 11:19 AM
Hm, there's an option to enable/disable receiving newsletter in the account settings, and it's turned off for me, yet I have already received two newsletter e-mails this month. Does this mean the option in the account is overridden to always enable it, or is it that it just doesn't work?

Luchsen
19-03-2010, 04:43 PM
It is a newsletter list and you can only opt out by clicking on your personal unsubscribe link located in the footer of the mail.

_r.u.s.s.
20-03-2010, 12:44 AM
it doesn't change the fact that the option in the profile menu is retarded

GTX2GvO
29-03-2010, 09:09 AM
may I state the Abandonia Newsletter week 13 ended up in my Gmail SPAM folder instead of my inbox, where the others landed.
Maybe it's "Flooded" to too many people @ once?

hunvagy
29-03-2010, 01:27 PM
Well only 17 days later, it arrived :)

_r.u.s.s.
30-03-2010, 12:30 AM
just to let you know..
most probably because of some ads that are included in newsettler, it ends up in spam folder on some mail services (for example GMAIL)

i understand why we include ads on the abandonia webpage but this spamming mail with advertisement along with newsettler is really kind of retarded. and very ineffective too