_r.u.s.s.
06-03-2010, 05:39 PM
i guess yoga thought it would have compatibility issues on vista

yoga
07-03-2010, 08:53 PM
:))

Saccade
11-03-2010, 07:36 AM
Hey Yoga - I was just saying to the mrs the other day how I'd never seen any Bulgarians on Abandonia.
I had one come stay with me for a bit a few years ago. Some exchange thing. His name was Toshko and he was alright, apart from the fact he could drink 6litres of vodka a day and 6 more in the night.

Anyway.
I'm glad you said this, because Microsoft have sent me a complimentary copy of Win 7 Ultimate fro wrecking my computer.
I've not installed it, going with XP, but - now that you have taken the first, courageous steps into the 64-bit future - I think I will also install it.

So long as it runs old stuff and all my pirated and non-pirated software, then I'm happy.

Rock on dude :rocks:
Keep up the insightful and oh-so-informative reports on trivia that we never knew we wanted to know! :D

Kimberly Dawn
02-08-2010, 11:49 PM
I have Windows 7 myself and just installed the Dosbox...but I'm a little computer illiterate these days and was wondering if someone could walk me through how to go about installing/starting one of these games utilizing this method? Any help anyone can provide would be greatly appreciated!

-Kim

_r.u.s.s.
03-08-2010, 01:43 AM
the dosbox tutorial (http://www.dosbox.com/wiki/Basic_Setup_and_Installation_of_DosBox) on the official website is pretty good and easy to understand

if even that is not enough for you, there's a plenty of users who wrote countless amounts of beginner's tutorials in here (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/forumdisplay.php?f=90)

Japo
04-08-2010, 05:15 PM
Yoga never said his Windows 7 was 64 or 32. Anyway I've been using Vista x64 since more than a year ago (I didn't get Windows 7 because it wasn't released yet actually, that's how log ago it was and more), and I've never had any problems with DOSBox. You have to install the Windows version though, the Mac version won't work. :P

Anyway I wonder when will binaries of DOSBox for Windows x64 be released, if any time... though I wonder whether it would improve performance or not.

Thomme
11-08-2010, 11:38 PM
I was running Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit RC a while back, and Dosbox .72 ran perfectly fine for me, without a single issue. The only OS that's ever given me Dosbox issues was Ubuntu Lucid Lynx 64bit. Gutsy Gibbon 64 bit ran it fine, but for some reason the newest version gave me a ton of trouble.

Windows 7 is actually a very stable OS with very few compatibility issues.

I should add: Windows Vista SP2 Home Premium in 32bit runs Dosbox perfectly fine, too. Not sure about 64bit Vistas, though. Vista's actually been quite a pleasant OS experience for me, I enjoyed my time with it more than XP, Mac OSx 10.4 and Ubuntu Gutsy and Lucid. SCUMMVM, on the other hand, ran 100% fine on ALL of the OS's, plus my DS, Wii and original Xbox. Dosbox, not so much.

bunker
12-08-2010, 04:30 PM
I have pleasure to advise YOU that my Win 7 Ultimate
allows without problem DosBox and i play for example
Ultima 8 perfectly.

:thumbs:

I run DosBox on Windows 7 Home Premium with no problems at all.

dosraider
12-08-2010, 04:38 PM
I run DosBox on Windows 7 Home Premium with no problems at all.

ZOMFG !!!!
WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaw, do you peeps really mean that dosbox runs on Windows ..... !!!!!!!??????!!!!!!
Great news, thank you for sharing your knowledge..

arete
15-08-2010, 10:55 AM
*hands eccentric French-speaking Belgian man a large glass of milk*

randomhippie
15-06-2012, 01:53 AM
Thanks guys.... Lurking through forums always yields results :D