PDA

View Full Version : Front Page Sports: Football Pro

mikebarry
08-01-2005, 11:31 AM
I was never much of a fan of sports games (with some occasional exceptions), but I can remember purchasing Front Page Sports: Football Pro 96 and being addicted for hours. Instead of just playing football, you could modify the details of your team. (I had yet to try Unnecessary Roughness yet). I remember making teams with starters that had 99 99 99 99 99 stats... and then trying to beat my old records, etc. Overall it was great. Anyone else ever play any games in the FPS series? (football or otherwise?)

Daywalker
08-01-2005, 02:05 PM
Was that the one were you could make your own plays too? If the one I am recalling and the one you mention are the same, then yes I played it and was hooked as well.

I loved making my own plays and then calling them on the field. And then watching the penalties that followed cause I didn't know football very well then. :whistle:

edlglide
09-01-2005, 12:07 AM
That was a great game. I had high expectations for Football Pro 98 (I think that was the year) because they were implementing a full financial system....but when the game was released it was full of bugs, and eventually they recalled it and gave people a voucher to get another Sierra game. I got Ultimate Soccer Manager which was worth it.......that was a great game too. But the Football Pro series died after that failure, they never made another one -- and it killed the rest of the Front Page Sports line as well, because they stopped making baseball and they never released the basketball one they had in development.

butsam
29-11-2009, 11:36 PM
I never realized the history. FPS: Football Pro '96 is the game's highest point. It has so many features still not in console games today.