PDA

View Full Version : Adding Virtual PC to our "Programs" list?

Mighty Midget
15-11-2009, 01:20 PM
To deal with anyone asking how to run Win9x games in XP/Vista/Win7/DOSBox, I'm thinking we could add Virtual PC (Microsoft) to our programs list. I can't say I know VPC very well but:

If any of you know it better than I do, could you write a description for our list and can the admins put it up there?

VPC http://www.microsoft.com/windows/virtual-pc/support/virtual-pc-2007.aspx

Saccade
16-11-2009, 12:17 PM
This is good.

People can be stupid.

GTX2GvO
16-11-2009, 12:26 PM
:mhh: Did some VPC testing of Win 7 before I switched to it on the actual Laptop.
And I also have VPC's Of Win 98SE, Win XP And a few Dos & Win3.11's
Basically every time I want to run something in an Old OS that you Can't install on DosBOX, I'm using VPC.

If I'm correct you could use a part of the description from the MS site.
Or so I think.

Saccade
16-11-2009, 12:54 PM
"Fair Use" says it's okay to rip their blurb and use it to advertise their own product.
If anyone's got a problem with that, I suppose you could always ask them if they minded...

rabadi
17-11-2009, 04:30 AM
I prefer VirtualBox (http://www.virtualbox.org/), especially since it is cross-platform. It is free (open source version is available, but I usually just use the free version). Not saying that MS VirtualPC is bad, and in fact I did use it in the past, but since it is not available for Linux and Mac, I switched to VirtualBox.

Saccade
18-11-2009, 03:32 PM
There's also that D-Fend Reloaded thing that I've noticed being touted on Facebook...

Maybe we could have a subsection for Dosbox-style GUI's and stuff?

Maxor127
18-11-2009, 03:39 PM
I don't think including Virtual PC will help at all. It's just an emulator. You'd still need the operating systems to run on it. If people don't know how to download and run Virtual PC themselves, then they're not going to know how to find and install old Microsoft operating systems, which are all probably protected.