PDA

View Full Version : Will any of these games run on Windows Vista 64 bit?

Sherlock
18-10-2009, 06:50 AM
Will any of these games run on Windows Vista 64 bit?

I downloaded "Castle Adventure" and "221-B Baker Street". Both said they were not compatible with my system. Is there some trick I'm missing, or am I wasting my time?

Actually, I came to this web site because it said it had "Sherlock Holmes in Another Bow" as a download. Can't find it.

If anyone can help me out on these issues, I will be extremely appreciative. Thanks.

arete
18-10-2009, 09:50 AM
If you read our faq and use the latest version of DOSbox, we'd appreciate it even more. ;) And if you need help with dosbox, there are Tutorials under Troubleshooting.

TotalAnarchy
18-10-2009, 10:09 AM
Also, here is Sherlock Holmes: Another Bow (http://www.abandonia.com/en/games/529/Sherlock+Holmes+-+Another+Bow.html). Have fun! :)

The Fifth Horseman
18-10-2009, 11:36 AM
These games will run on Vista, but only if you use DOSBox to run them.

Saccade
21-10-2009, 10:41 PM
Get Windows XP Professional or Windows 7. (have a party!)

Vista is the product of one of the most economically biased [toward major software / hardware] age since microchips were invented. The balance of power, due to our 'human right' of access to the internet and computers, has tipped drastically into Vista's favour.
Vista don't need to pay its dues. It has monopoly.
It has fear.

Cyber-terrorism. An every-day threat or present only in Deus Ex?

You want it easy..? No messing around with anything - most MacOS-like WinOS yet - Want it fool-proof? You can have it all, says Vista.
Vain attempts to seduce drip from its slick and greasy GUI like foam from a rabid dogs maw. At every point, all the places Vista said it would be better... it is not. It is flaming irritating with its constant messaging and questioning (like a frigging hyper-toddler) and refusal to interact well with anything other than Vista 100%.

Already - because of its mutated and genetically inferior chromosomes - it is falling to pieces and displays behaviour anomalies much like in cases of severe congenital defects.

You have been warned.

(and use dosbox - it isn't hard to use and, once you've figured it out, it can be easier than installing, and getting a game to run, in windows :D)

The_Lemming
02-11-2009, 06:03 PM
Or, even better, try LINUX and DOSBox!!!! :thumbs:

In Linux, you don't even need to click a download link. Just open a command prompt (or Terminal), and type: "yum install dosbox"

And a short time later, you have DOSBox!!!!!