PDA

View Full Version : Darkness

Reaperman
05-01-2005, 09:30 AM
Hi, could anybody help me out with this? I need a reasonable strategy game engine. Strategy would be preferable, but i could also use an rpg engine, but please do not tell me about the RPG Maker series because Dr. Frankenstien already e-mailed me those. Thank you.

Any and all help would be appreciated. If you give me an engine, even if i dont use it, i will put you down in the credits as a special thanks.

Kon-Tiki
05-01-2005, 12:02 PM
I'm working on one in Java, as practice :ok:

Reaperman
05-01-2005, 09:54 PM
Yeah, so, could anybody tell me where I can get a reasonable strategy game engine? It would be much appreciated.
Cause I cant fin one anywhere :wall:

Kon-Tiki
05-01-2005, 10:04 PM
>_> Mine not good enough for you?

punch999
05-01-2005, 10:58 PM
LOL

i cant think of a strategy engine..

i know red alert 2 is moddable u could probobly do that

Reaperman
06-01-2005, 12:10 AM
I want a kind of Oriental or Medieval Strategy game, sorta, fantasy like.

Ioncannon
06-01-2005, 12:47 AM
yea change the fx in ra2 to your likeing! The chrono miner can be a miner (with crono=0)

Gormash
06-01-2005, 10:10 AM
I know you said no "RPG Maker", but there is a discontinued program that, if you look a little around, might fit your needs (or not).
"Sim RPG Maker" is a turnbased strategy game maker with strong anime influence, though you can easily change the looks of the game if you know how to create sprites. The system the program works with is very similiar to the "Fire Emblem" system, and though the prog have some annoying bugs it's the best choice for that kind of game. :Titan:

If, on the other hand, you want to do a clone of Panzer General or Starcraft you'll not get much use of of it...