PDA

View Full Version : Star Wars Abandonware/freeware?

The Niles
14-05-2004, 08:06 PM
I need all your help guys. I want to know every Star Wars game ever made that has become abandonware or is freeware (so no JediKnight2 please). I already have Dark Forces and X-Wing but I need more. Names only or full games ready for upload are both fine just tell me what you know. Can't say what it's for just now but you will like it I'm sure.

Tom Henrik
14-05-2004, 08:09 PM
I had the complete list yesterday. I can get it again later this evening.

But now I am watching Poirot.

Tom Henrik
14-05-2004, 11:41 PM
This is a list that I have made, detailing every game considered abandonware. That is to say, they are put up on different abandonware sites. There might be errors in the list, or games that are missing, but it is late and I am going to bed after I have posted this.
(There is also two games on the list that was not made for the PC).

And, Picard, I have downloaded screenshots from all the games in the list. If you want them, let me know and I will e-mail them to you.

Star Wars
Broderbund Software, Star Shooter

Star Wars Classic
LucasFilm Production, Arcade, Nintendo

Star Wars: X-wing
LucasArts, Simulator

Star Wars Chess
LucasArts, Strategy, Boardgame

Star Wars: Dark Forces
LucasArts, 3D Shooter

Star Wars: Tie Fighter
LucasArts, Simulation

Super Star Wars
LucasFilm Production, Platform, Nintendo

Star Wars II
Star Shooter

Star Wars: Rebel Assault
LucasArts, Action

Star Wars: Rebel Assault II: The hidden Empire
LucasArts, Action

[EDIT]
Yoda Stories
LucasArts, Adventure
[EDIT FIN]

Star Wars: Jedi Knight
LucasArts, 3D Shooter

Star Wars: Shadows of the Empire
LucasArts, Action

Star Wars: Rouge Squadron
LucasArts, Simulator

Star Wars: Jedi Knight: Mysteries of the Sith
LucasArts, 3D Shooter

Goodnight....

Danny252
15-05-2004, 07:44 AM
:shock:
I see why you're the zuppah smurf..

Danny252
15-05-2004, 07:52 AM
Nice one :P

Tom Henrik
15-05-2004, 08:58 AM
Yeah...

I'm pretty cool...

Tom Henrik
15-05-2004, 11:03 AM
Whooops....

I forgot one game when I made the list, so I had to edit my post up there.
:oops:

Ioncannon
15-05-2004, 11:52 AM
I loved dark forces

The Niles
17-05-2004, 02:59 PM
Thanks Tom,

Some on your list are not abandoneware but I will not hold it against you. :lol:

Could you give me some links to were you found the following games?

Star Wars
Broderbund Software, Star Shooter

Star Wars Chess
LucasArts, Strategy, Boardgame

Star Wars II
Star Shooter

Star Wars: Rebel Assault
LucasArts, Action

Star Wars: Rebel Assault II: The hidden Empire
LucasArts, Action

Yoda Stories
LucasArts, Adventure

The rest are either not PC or not abandonware or I have them already.

Thanks for all the efford Tom.

Tom Henrik
17-05-2004, 05:28 PM
I found all the games on abandonware sites, so if they are not abandonware... The site has made an error and not me, so I understand why you won't hold that against me. :P

Give me some time and I will give you the links.
Do you need a link to a download or a link to a site with information about the game?

The Niles
17-05-2004, 07:19 PM
A link to a download if you can find it please.

Tom Henrik
18-05-2004, 01:59 PM
Why is it always so difficult to find the sites you want. I found all the sites really easy the last time....

(Maybe it is because I am now looking for a working download :wink: )

This is what I have found out so far.

Star Wars
http://sublifegames.com/abandon_all.php
(It is game number 384)

Star Wars Chess
I use a backup plan on this one. Emule...
Will continue to search the net, will take the one I get my hands on first.

Star Wars II
Apparantly only released in Japan. :roll:
Still want it, Picard?

Still searching for the others.

Tom Henrik
18-05-2004, 02:19 PM
I have to use a backup plan on Yoda Stories too, also eMule.

Strange...
I found the full game download the last time, now I only find demo versions.

Oh well. Can't get lucky every time.

Tom Henrik
18-05-2004, 02:29 PM
By the way...

I bought Star Wars: Rebel Assault II when it came out. It is 2 cd's.
Is it possible that I send the files to someone who can crack them, making the game run without the cd's?

The Niles
18-05-2004, 09:55 PM
The only way to do that is put up the images of both CD's. I would love for us to do that but realistically there is no room for that.

LotharGR
18-05-2004, 09:59 PM
Rebel Assault 1, I believe that was the first ever CD game for the PCs... but i might be wrong.

The Niles
18-05-2004, 10:07 PM
Nah, I think you might be right. Either that or Seventh Guest.

LotharGR
18-05-2004, 10:18 PM
Yep. Anyway, it looked pretty impressive back then.

Kosta
19-05-2004, 12:16 AM
Nah, I think you might be right. Either that or Seventh Guest.

Seventh guest! Wow, I remember that one... spent hours and hours on it. Did anyone actually finish it? I know I've tried for soooo long. The furthest I got was the room with the chessboard and 4 bishops at each side which had to be swapped. Freaked me out :)

I've lost the CD since then and was never able to locate it again :(

Any of you people still have it perhaps?

LotharGR
19-05-2004, 12:51 PM
i was stuck on the kitchen riddle with the cans.... :(

The Niles
19-05-2004, 12:54 PM
I have never played it myself because I did not have a CD-ROM player at that time and I never got round to buying it when I did.

LotharGR
19-05-2004, 01:02 PM
i remember that when i bought my first PC ( a 486dx/2 80Mhz ) i was in dillema ... :P I could either buy a CD ( 2x speed of course ) or either a sound card... Guess what i choose :P

The Niles
19-05-2004, 06:40 PM
The soundcard I hope. That is much more helpfull for a good gaming experience. Especially in those days when only a few games came out on CD and even fewer came out exclusively on CD.

LotharGR
19-05-2004, 08:45 PM
No I took the CD :) I was excited by the idea of having a pc with a cd-rom, so i bought it :) - The sound card came 1-2 weeks after that of course ( a soundblaster Pro compatible... :) )

FreeFreddy
20-05-2004, 06:57 AM
7th Guest I played through, although with cheats the first time :oops:
Well, I fell in love with this game, but i never had a chance to get 11th Hour, which is next part of the story. Do you perhaps know if that game was good? Or even better than 7th Guest? It seems that 11th Hour was not that popular than its predecessor...

LotharGR
20-05-2004, 07:52 AM
It was very much the same as 7th Guest. You were wandering inside the house solving riddles etc... The only better part were the graphics and the videos. Apart from that, it was almost the same with 7th guest.

Tom Henrik
20-05-2004, 01:18 PM
Ok... Back to topic!

Update on the Star Wars game Yoda Stories.
This game was made for windows, not dos. I have the "complete" game on my computer now, but I can't get it running... :roll:

I could try to send it to you Picard. It is 17,5 MB's big. Maybe you have better luck with it. :wink:

Tom Henrik
21-05-2004, 12:24 PM
Lucky me. 8)

I found another patch for Yoda Stories. One that actually works. The game runs perfeclty on my Win XP. The size of the game is just under 3 MB.

What do you say, Pizzard. Do you want it?

(I do not know what you are planning to do with these games, but remember... Yoda Stories is a Windows game exclusively).

Tom Henrik
21-05-2004, 12:53 PM
In the meantime, all you hardcore fans of those old Star Wars games, check out these pages! You may find a game you spent hours playing in the back room of a restaurant or video kiosk. Have fun! :)

http://www.klov.com/game_detail.php?game_i...d=9305&letter=R (http://www.klov.com/game_detail.php?game_id=9305&letter=R)

http://www.klov.com/game_detail.php?letter...=S&game_id=9777 (http://www.klov.com/game_detail.php?letter=S&game_id=9777)

As the more perceptive of you might have noticed... The two links are from the same site. So you might understand that this site is worth a little browsing around in.

Happy walk down memory lane! :wink:

Tom Henrik
08-06-2004, 07:29 PM
Hello.

I just wanted to say that have both Star Wars Chess & Yoda Stories secure on my PC. Both are fun to play.

Star Wars Chess is an animated version of Battle Chess, but with our friends from the movies... An interesting note is that the Black Queen is none other that Darth Vader!

As for Yoda Stories, it looks and feel much like a gameboy game. Great Adventure!

You said you had plans Picard. Tell me if you need these two gems!
They are both abandonware :)

The Niles
08-06-2004, 10:32 PM
Yeah I still want them. If you use msn then contact me at thorstenpicard*hotmail*com sans *. If not maybe you could upload it to the server and give me the link in a PM?

That would be great.

Tom Henrik
09-06-2004, 05:32 AM
You have been added to my online contacts! :D