PDA

View Full Version : The Fifth Horseman's stuff

The Fifth Horseman
28-12-2004, 10:37 AM
Allright. So, as promised looong ago, a (long) list of games I can offer to Abandonia. I don't remember all the titles you already have on the site, but I've tried to omit mentioning the ones I know of. I don't know which ones are abandonware and which are not, though. I also take no responsibility for any possible data storage failures which may lead to my inability to provide one game or another. (just while writind this list I found that one of the CD's actually got holes in it and is unreadable... looks much like swiss cheese, if you know what do I mean).

Abuse (awesome platform game; with all the docs and the editor included - you can actually create your own levels and entire Abuse-engine-based games with that!)

Action Supercross (biker - you need to collect all items from a level, and those can be vicious sometimes; fun, even if the graphics are ugly)

AD&D - Al Qadim the Genie's Curse (role-playing)

Alien Breed (top-down view shooter; pretty nice, but I just don't like it...)

Amazing Spider-Man (Simple platform game with logic puzzle elements. Pretty interesting too. And yes, you are Spider-Man.)

Battletech: Crescent Hawks Inception (same game, but I have two exe's modified so that in one you have a custom Assault class mech instead of Chameleon, in other it's a MadCat for all those Clan lovers)

Battletech: Crescent Hawks Revenge (first RTS ever produced, a worthy precedessor of MechCommander - those who played MC won't find the basic principles of the game too much different; difficulty is kind of insane, though; with self-written editor tool and I can rip out the music as well; think I have also some walkthroughs somwhere; if any of you like messing around with hexadecimals, I have written a full-blown instruction on how to do thattoo...)

Blackthorne (aka Black Hawk) (V. good platform game by Blizzard - unsure if abandoned, though. Was released somwhere around the time of Warcraft 1.)

Blake Stone 3D (Kinda like Wolfenstein 3D, but better, including many features one can think of as missing on the original Wolf)

C64 Emulator + Rom for Knight Rider (old, not really that much fun, but can be used to kill time; works on everything from 486 and up)

Capture the Flag (based upon the game known and loved by so many... yep, almost the same. Player vs player or player vs computer)

Castle of the Winds 1&2 (Win-based precursor to Diablo. Horrible graphics, but the game is quite fun to play)

Chessmaster 2000 (old chess game - make no mistake, the program is wee powerful...

Commander Keen 1-3 (old platform game series by ID; the first three parts are rather boring)

Commander keen 4-6 (same series, but with improved music, graphics and gameplay - you can actually like them)

Conan the Barbarian (RPG game based upon characters and world created by Robert Ervin Howard. What, never heard of him?)

Covert Action (Wanted to be a secret agent? Well, now you are! I have the docs for this game somwhere...)

DarkSeed 1 (Horror-adventure game. Lots of graphics done by Hans Rudi Giger. A few major bugs, though, and it's easy to fail paicking up some obscure item and failing to complete the game. Similar about obscure actions...)

Day of the Tentacle (Good old Lucasarts adventure game with SCUMM interface. Full of funny gags too.)

Descent (Yup, that's it)

Desert Strike: Return to the Gulf (shooter-simulator of sorts; AWESOME)

D-Generation (Logic/action game. Fun.)

Dino Park Tycoon (sort like Theme Park series, but with a Jurassic Park twist to it

Dinosaur Safari (interesting game; you get paid for travelling in past and taking photos or videos of dinosaurs - some of the beasts can be fairly dangerous!; long, but enjoyable enough to complete; a degree of educational value, very good to occupy dinomaniac kids for a while; BIG, somwhere around 250 MB)

Disney's Alladdin (platform game; fun even)

Doom & Doom 2 (the old shooter legends... what else I need to say)

Duck Tales (Mixed arcade/platform game, not recommended for adults, but good for kids who happen to be donald duck fans.)

Duke Nukem (full version here)

Duke Nukem 2 (full version, allright)

Duke Nukem 3D (with one of the expansion packs, not sure which one; is it ABW?!?!?!)

Dune II (okay, not sure if Abandonia does not already have it)

Dyna Blaster (very old, but enjoyable game... hard to describe)

Earthsiege 1 (a good mech combat game - maybe worth giving it a try?)

Earthsiege 2 (I have a full-CD version. Maybe I could try to do some ripping around it, though?)

Electro Man (almost the same as the Electro Body game, except for slightly different graphics and music; hell, even the levels are every jot the same; in case you wondered- a platform game with a pretty high difficulty)

Entombed (puzzle game... kind of like Myst and the sort...)

Epic Pinball (Full version, IIRC. Good game, anyway, though nowhere comparable to Pinball Illusions)

Fatty Bear's Birthday Adventure (adventure game for younger audience; some degree of mini-games and extra activities inside the program too - worth considering, if you want to occupy a younger member of your family for a while with a non-violence-including game)

Gabriel Knight 1 (full-cd version... not sure if ABW or not)

Golden Axe (An oldie beatem-up genre game. One or two players. Graphics and sound are decent. Very arcade in style)

Heretic 1 (similar to Doom, just in a fantasy setting)

Hitch-Hiker's Guide to Galaxy (text adventure based upon the book by Douglas Adams)

Home Alone (based on the movie under the same title - fun, quick, interesting)

Hound of the Shadow (text-based adventure game based on Cthulhu Mythos; didn't like it much, but I have it on my HDD anyway. Manual included.)

Indiana Jones and the fate of Atlantis (Very good SCUMM interface game by LucasArts. One of my definite adventure favourites out there.)

Indiana Jones and the last crusade (Adventure game. Scumm-precedessor inteface, with lots of unneccesary commands. Graphics can be repaulsive at some moments)

Island of Doctor Brain (great logic game)

Jill of the Jungle 1 (smalll Epic Megagames platform game; fairly good)

Jones in the fast lane (kind of weird game... the very idea cannot be summed up shortly enough to write here)

Keen Dreams (Another Commander Keen game)

Laser Squad (old turn-based tactical strategy, slightly resembling the UFO series)

Leisure Suit Larry 1-3, 5-6 (who needs to speak more?)

Lion King (Another platform game. Disney license, produced by Virgin, yes, it's based upon the animated movie of same title...)

Loom (old, but fine, adventure game)

Lords of the Realm (One of the coolest turn-based medieval strategies ever. Floppy version, so you can only fight in England. Ever wanted to design your own castles? Now you can! Oh, and altough I've got the docs, they are 1. too big to type in and 2. in Polish language so OCR programs wouldn't do much good either (and this assuming I would get access to some scanner)

Lotus 3 (old racing game from loong ago)

Lure of the Temptress (old adventure game - kind of interesting)

Manhunter (An old adventure/puzzle game. Not too good)

Mech Warrior 1 (This aint a joke - fully functional copy of the very first game in Mech Warrior series. Manual included.)

MechWar (A 12-year old Battletech game written by a fan of the boardgame. Two players, hotseat only. Includes all the original docs and tools)

Metal Mutant (Beatem-up game... that pretty much sums it up)

Neuromancer (based on Gibson's book under the same title; interesting to play too, though I did not have the patience to get anywhere far)

Ninja Gaiden II (Platform game, excellent graphics and music, gameplay does not leave anything to be desired too)

North & South (a strategy game dating back to times of Amiga. Not bad...)

Operation Wolf (arcade shooter)

Out of This World (Windows-operating conversion of Another World. Gameplay pretty much the same, music slightly different because in Midi format. Does not need any slow-down tool nor Dos emulator to use)

Pinbal Illusions (two versions - the floppy version and the CD version; each has some flaws, unfortunately - nothing major, but can sometimes be annoying)

Pinball fantasies (not the best pinball I know, but for those who like pinball games it is sure worth their time)

Power Dolls (turn-based strategy game... interesting somewhat)

Prehistorik 1 (good old platform game; didn't hear of it?)

Prehistorik 2 (Sequel to Prehistorik. Slightly better graphics, gameplay just more of the same.)

Prince of Persia (the most classic platform game - maybe only except Flashback...)

Prince of Persia 2 (More difficult and advanced then PoP, with some minor logic puzzle here and there. Not much more to say.)

Quake 1 (Is it ABW, though? Not sure... Anyhow, includes all four episodes, but the fourth seems to be broken and locks up when loading)

Rampart (building a fortress, fighting with enemy fortresses and ships)

Raptor: call of the shadows (sooo old... sooo fun; top-down scrolling shooter, not unlike Tyrian; has a bit more realisitic graphics and storyline is minimum - destruction is all that matters)

Rex Nebula and the cosmic gender bender (adventure; quite humorous)

Robinson's Requiem (Survival/RPG with extreme realism in some terms - except the setting. Excellent choice, anyway)

Robocop (ancient shootem-up/beatem-up game; very arcade-like, with high difficulty level; based upon an OBVIOUS movie title...)

Robocop 3 (based upon Robocop 3, naturally; you can play the movie storyline - and there is one or two what-if options too, or play each type of level as a mini-game; vector-based graphics; kind of interesting, but playability leaves alot to be desired)

Sam and Max hit the road (funny old adventure game with plenty of humour)

Secret Agent 1-3 (Old game series by Apogee... unbelievably addictive. Third part is broken, so you can get to almost completing it, but unfortunately it locks up before the last level)

Shadow of the Comet (Adventure game with maybe a little complicated interface, but nice otherwise. Mmm, Cthulhu Mythos...)

SimAnt (another in Maxis SIM series - simulation of an ant colony; can be played as sort of campaign or experimental mode, like when you have an ant farm; campaign is easy to complete when you get how to win in the first area and then spread to the others; still fun, though)

Simcity 2000 (one of the games from simcity series; still good for its age)

Simearth (another of SIM series - you control an enviroment of a whole planet here)

Simlife (create your own lifeforms and introduce them into a normal enviroment or create your own flora and fauna all from scratch)

Simfarm (like simcity, but about building your own farm)

Space Crusade (similar somewhat to HeroQuest, designed for 1-3 players; for 1 player it's not fun at all, though; music is c***tastic; includes docs and MOD music from Amiga version, which is ten times better)

Star Trek: 25th Anniversary (I'm not sure if you already don't have it here, though.)

Street Fighter 2 (second in the ever-popular Street Fighter series)

Super Star Wars (platform game, with a few pseudo-3d levels; fun)

Syndicate (Team strategy game. Very interesting, with good graphics and sound.)

Terminator 2 (Arcade/beatem-up mix. Ripped straight off the movie.)

Ugh (Old arcade/logic hybrid. Stone age flying taxi sums it up pretty well, even if it makes little sense when reading first time)

Warcraft 1 (Eww... I don't think Blizzard ever stopped selling any one of their games. Or did they?)

Warlords 2 (turn based strategy - very interesting, very addictive)

Ween (myst-like adventure game... pretty simple, but can sometimes be annoying too)

Where in the World is Carmen San Diego (Puzzle/detective game. Kind of fun too.)

Yoda Stories (simple, yet entertaining, adventure game for Win 9x)

A while ago a friend of mine gave me a CD compilation of all oldies he could find, and so I'm listing what other games I found in there, but did not check them out. Note that I have encountered damaged archives and nonfunctional copies in the compilation before, so no guarantee that all of them will be readily accessible and will actually work.:
Adventures of Zak Mc Kraken
Alone in the dark 1&2
A nightmare on Elm street
Archon
Archon Ultra
A-Train
Auto Duel
Barbarian
Bard's Tale 1-3
Battle Chess
Cruise for a corpse
Crystals of Arborea
Curse of Enchantia
Dawn Patrol
Death Track
Defender of the Crown
Deus
Dusk of the Gods
Elvira - Mistress of Darkness
Escape from Hell
Exile 2
First Samurai
Future Wars
Goblins 1-3
Hare Raising Havoc
Heimdall 2
Hugo's House of Horrors
Ishar 1-3
James Bond: The Stealth affair
James Pond II : Robocod
Lost in LA
Mad TV
Magic Carpet 1&2
Maniac Mansion
Micro Machines 1
Millenium
Mortal Kombat 1&2
Mrs Pacman
Ninja Gaiden 1
Pizza Tycoon
Populuous 1 & 2
Ports of Call
Powermonger
Pyramids of Egypt
Quest for Glory 1 VGA
Quest for Glory 1-4
Realms
Reunion
Rise of the Dragon
Rise of the Triad
Rise of the Triad
River Raid
Robin Hood
Road War 2000
Road War europe
Romance of the three kingdoms 1&2
Saboteur 2
Sabre Team
Secret Weapons of Luftwaffe
Shadowcaster
Shadowlands
Settlers
Simcity
Simcity'
Simhealth
Sindbad
Sokoban
Spear of Destiny
Street Fighter 1
Sword Quest 1 & 2
Test Drive 1-3
The ancient art of war
The ancient art of war at sea
The legacy
The lost admiral
Thexder
Times of lore
Transport Tycoon
Transport Tycoon deluxe
Ultima 1-8
Ultima Underworld 1&2
Ultimate Body Blows
V for Victory
Warhammer: Shadow of the Horned Rat
Wasteland
Willow
Wing Comkmander 1&2
Wing Commander Armada
Wizardry 1-5
Wizardry 7
Wizardry Gold
Worms
Xenon 1&2
X-Men 2
X-Wing
Yeager Air Combat
Zaxxon
Zork 0-3

As for non-game programs, I have some DOS-operating MOD players, and, I think, some version of ProTracker (though never used it). I also have a copy of Screen Thief, which is a DOS-based screen capture program (very nice, BTW)

Well, I think that's about all... back to playing Bloodrayne, then :[*
What, never saw a Vampire smiley before? Well, now you did!

Omuletzu
28-12-2004, 10:49 AM
Please send ST(Screen thief).
I only have the shareware version, and the program is probably abw by now

Tuttle
28-12-2004, 11:22 AM
Screen Thief was eventually released as freeware -- ftp://ftp.externet.hu/pub/mirror/sac/graph/st201f.zip (very slow download link; good thing it's only 37 KB. :D)

If you need docs for it then the old 1.58 shareware release is also available at ftp://ftp.externet.hu/pub/mirror/sac/graph/st158.zip.

The Niles
28-12-2004, 12:20 PM
Impressive list. I only glanced at it right now but I do see many games are either already on the site or are not abandoned yet. Give us some time to digest this and we will get back to you.

TaloN
28-12-2004, 12:35 PM
rise of the triad is awesome

The Fifth Horseman
28-12-2004, 12:36 PM
many games are either already on the site or are not abandoned yet
:tnx:
Okay, my fault. I did not list ones I was sure of to not be ABW or already around, but I guess nobody's perfect... :unsure:

Anyhow, the compilation from my friend contains a lot more files... I just did not have the patience to write them all down. So, if you need anything, I might just be lucky enough to have it. :max:

I would have MUCH more, but unfortunately one of my best game CD's broke two years ago. Sad, cos it had a lot of stuff on it. :not_ok: :not_ok: :not_ok:

PS. I'll be writing my review for Crescent Hawks Revenge soon, Picard! Fear it! :evil:

marko river
28-12-2004, 12:48 PM
As for the Amazing Spiderman, Conan the Barbarian and First Samurai, THEY ARE ALL MINE!!!!

I was quite into these games. Currently I'm doing some C64 conversions, but I guess I'll finish all of this games very soon.

Still, there are several that I still don't have.

Wael
28-12-2004, 12:51 PM
Iīll make a list /-

The Niles
28-12-2004, 12:56 PM
Originally posted by the_fifth_horseman@Dec 28 2004, 01:36 PM
PS. I'll be writing my review for Crescent Hawks Revenge soon, Picard! Fear it! :evil:
Fine by me but I cannot quarentee that game will make it on the site. We are actually serious on not having games that are not good enough. Write the review and we will have an objective look at it I promise but no quarentees.

marko river
28-12-2004, 01:03 PM
Originally posted by The Picard+Dec 28 2004, 02:56 PM****</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (The Picard @ Dec 28 2004, 02:56 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> ******QuoteBegin-the_fifth_horseman@Dec 28 2004, 01:36 PM
PS. I'll be writing my review for Crescent Hawks Revenge soon, Picard! Fear it!* :evil:
Fine by me but I cannot quarentee that game will make it on the site. We are actually serious on not having games that are not good enough. Write the review and we will have an objective look at it I promise but no quarentees. [/b][/quote]
What does it means, no games that aren't good enough.

Why da hell Kosta doesn't want some really old games?? They can actually improve our rating and drag more people. Yes, they CAN!

So? What's a big deal if game is that old?

The Fifth Horseman
28-12-2004, 01:34 PM
Don't argue. Picard simply could not cope with the game's interface, that to speak the truth, was not its highest point.

The Niles
28-12-2004, 02:04 PM
Originally posted by marko_river@Dec 28 2004, 02:03 PM
What does it means, no games that aren't good enough.

Why da hell Kosta doesn't want some really old games?? They can actually improve our rating and drag more people. Yes, they CAN!

So? What's a big deal if game is that old?
The age of a game is unimportant the quality of it is. I don't think you will dissagree with me that there are games out there that are not worth playing because they are too awefull to play (not naming names but they exist). kosta made a concious decision when he set up Abandonia that no games would get on abandonia that were so bad no-one would want to play them anyway just so he could say there where "X" number of games on abandonia. That quality threshold still exists today.

on un unrelated note, in future, when you have questions or do not understand something express yourself more civilized then you have just now. Take your time to write posts and be polite.

The Fifth Horseman
28-12-2004, 02:11 PM
Anyhow, I'd deliver the list quicker, but when my hardware crashed it was impossible - two months of delay and most of the games made their way to Abandonia from other sources, as I can see.

Hope you'll find a few you can use, still.

marko river
28-12-2004, 02:15 PM
Originally posted by The Picard@Dec 28 2004, 04:04 PM

on un unrelated note, in future, when you have questions or do not understand something express yourself more civilized then you have just now. Take your time to write posts and be polite.
Didn't realized that I was offendive. Nor I wanted to be. Well, too late now.

Kosta told me that he wants no CGA game. What if game is CGA but still very fun?
Is the quality of game measured by interest of the people, palyability or something else?

Wael
28-12-2004, 02:45 PM
Or I was making a list until I cleverly hit the refresh button in the reply screen,
after checking the status of 3/4 of the games -/

Go me /-

marko river
28-12-2004, 02:48 PM
Anyone interested in 5th-fleet?

I have it but never really played it. Maybe site doesn't have even the archive.

Any admin that can tell me?

The Fifth Horseman
28-12-2004, 02:54 PM
No haste, Wael. Cd's aint running away, you know...

The Niles
28-12-2004, 02:59 PM
Originally posted by marko_river@Dec 28 2004, 03:15 PM
Kosta told me that he wants no CGA game. What if game is CGA but still very fun?
Is the quality of game measured by interest of the people, palyability or something else?
There are already some CGA games on the site so a very good CGA game may still be added. Gameplay is the most important. Good gameplay will be followed by popularity so a popular game will have good gameplay (name me one game with which that is not true).

We also need to look at the niche Abandonia is in. Everyone knows that we do not provide emulators for consoles and our speciality is in quality DOS games from the early nineties. This does not mean that any game older or younger then that is out of the question but we add more of the games then others. Other sites specialize in other games. XTC abandonware for instance has a lot of the really old games. The underdogs try to get as many of the forgotten games as possible.

In short, games will be looked at on a case by case basis but not every game will be added to the site simply because it is abandoned.

Anyone interested in 5th-fleet?

I have it but never really played it. Maybe site doesn't have even the archive.

Any admin that can tell me?

I don't think anyone has thearchive for this and it is not on the list of games waiting to be reviewed. Maybe you could play it and write a review for it?

marko river
28-12-2004, 03:08 PM
Originally posted by The Picard@Dec 28 2004, 04:59 PM
In short, games will be looked at on a case by case basis but not every game will be added to the site simply because it is abandoned.

Well, maybe we should change the name of the site into abandoned-best :D

Just kidding. As for playing 5th-fleet, I doub that will happen in next few months. As for the archive, I guess I should say that it is not taken form underdogs, I kind of dislike that.

Wael
28-12-2004, 04:05 PM
#found in (just so that you know Iīm not guessing these)

Abuse (http://www.abandonia.com/game.php?ID=97&genre=action), on the site
Action supercross (updated now as elastomania (http://www.elastomania.com/), shareware I believe
AD&D; Genies Curse, on the site
Alien breed, abandonware #HotU
Amazing spider-man, abandonware #HotU
Battletech 1 on the site (interception)
Battletech 2 (revenge), abandonware # HotU
Blackthorne, on the site
Blake stone games (http://www.mobygames.com/search/quick?q=blake), not found for sale, propably abandonware
C65 Emulator & game, I believe it has been agreed, that there will not be any emulators nor roms
Capture the flag, abandonware # Hotu
Castle winds 1, abandonware # Hotu
Castle wind 2, status unknown
Chessmaster, not found for sale, propably abandonware
Commander keens, status unknown
Conan the Cimmerian? abandonware #HotU
Covert action, on the site
Dark seed 1, abandonware # HotU
Day of the tentacle, most propably not abandonware
Descent, on the site
Desert strike, on the site
D/Generation, abandonware # HotU
Dino Park, on the site
Dinosaur safari, no info found
Aladdin, on the site
Dooms, not abandonware
Duck tales on the site
Duke Nukems, status unknown
Dyna Blaster, Abandonware # Hotu
Earthsiege 1, abandonware # HotU
Earthsiege 2, still sold somewhere where HotU links...
Electro man, not found for sale, propably abandonware
Entombed, abandonware # HotU
Fatty bears bithday adventure :eeeeeh: (is this a joke?)
Gabriel night, not abandonware
Golden axe, on the site
Heretic, not found for sale, status unknown
Hitch-hikers... on the site,
Home alone, abandonware # Hotu
Hound of Shadow, abandonware # HotU
Indiana Jonesīs, LucasArts, what do you think? not abandonware
Island of Dr. Brain, on the site
Jill of the Jungle, Not found for sale, propably abandonware
Jones in the fast lane, on the site
Keen dreams, still sold somewhere where HotU links...
Laser squad, abandonware # HotU
Leisure Suits, on the site
Lion king, on the site
Loom, on the site
Lords of the realms, abandonware # HotU
Lotus 3, on the site
Lure of the temptess, on the site
Manhunter, member of ESA, abandonware not
Mechwarrior 1, abandonware # HotU
Mechwar, abandonware propably
Metal Mutant, abandonware # HotU
Neuromancer, abandonware # HotU
Ninja Gaiden 2, abandonware # HotU
North & South, on the site
Operation wolf, on the site
Out of this world/Another World, on the site
Pinball illusions, abandonware # HotU
Pinball Fantasies, abandonware # HotU
Power Dolls, abandonware # HotU
Prehistoriks & Prince Persias, on the site
Quake, not abandonware
Rampart, abandonware # HotU
Raptor, not abandonware
Rex Nebula..., eh?
Robinsons requiem, abandonware # HotU
robocops, abandonware # HotU
Sam & Max, most certainly not
Secret Agents (Eh?=mc2)
Shadow of Comet, on the site
Simant & Simcity 2000, on the site
Other Sims... - whatever
Space Crusade, abandonware # HotU
Star trek 25th..., on the site
Street fighter 2, not found for sale, status unknown
Super star wars, Abandonware # Hotu
Syndicate, on the site
Terminator 2 (which one?)
Ugh, on the site
Warcraft & Warlords - abandonware not
Ween & Where in the world..., on the site
Yoda stories, not found for sale, status unknown

Therefore (for now) intrest would be found in atleast these (propably),
Not my call

Alien Breed (http://www.mobygames.com/game/sheet/p,2/gameId,4217/)
The Amazing Spider-man (http://www.mobygames.com/game/sheet/p,2/gameId,471/)
Battletech 2 (http://www.mobygames.com/game/sheet/p,2/gameId,233/)
Capture the flag (http://www.mobygames.com/game/sheet/p,2/gameId,1064/)
Castle of Winds (http://www.mobygames.com/game/sheet/p,5/gameId,842/)
Chessmaster 2000 (http://www.mobygames.com/game/sheet/p,2/gameId,10/)
Conan the Cimmerian (http://www.mobygames.com/game/sheet/p,2/gameId,6182/)
Dark seed (http://www.mobygames.com/game/sheet/p,2/gameId,302/)
D/Generation (http://www.mobygames.com/game/sheet/p,2/gameId,1274/)
Dynablaster (http://www.mobygames.com/game/sheet/p,2/gameId,5143/)
Earthsiege (http://www.mobygames.com/game/sheet/p,2/gameId,1402/)
Electro Man (http://www.mobygames.com/game/sheet/p,2/gameId,752/)
Entombed enchanted (http://www.mobygames.com/game/sheet/p,3/gameId,6714/)
Home alone (http://www.mobygames.com/game/sheet/p,2/gameId,9063/)
Laser squad (http://www.mobygames.com/game/sheet/p,2/gameId,180/)
Jill of the jungle (http://www.mobygames.com/game/sheet/p,2/gameId,774/)
Lords of the Realm (http://www.mobygames.com/game/sheet/p,2/gameId,4303/)
Mechwarrior (http://www.mobygames.com/game/sheet/p,2/gameId,105/)
Metal mutant (http://www.mobygames.com/game/sheet/p,2/gameId,607/)
NeuroMancer (http://www.mobygames.com/game/sheet/p,2/gameId,687/)
Ninja Gaiden II (http://www.mobygames.com/game/sheet/p,2/gameId,2466/)
Pinball illusions (http://www.mobygames.com/game/sheet/p,2/gameId,573/)
Pinball fantasies (http://www.mobygames.com/game/sheet/p,2/gameId,571/)
Rampart (http://www.mobygames.com/game/sheet/p,2/gameId,3345/)
Powerdolls (http://www.the-underdogs.org/game.php?id=1646)
Robinsons requiem (http://www.mobygames.com/game/sheet/p,2/gameId,4797/)
Space Crusade (http://www.mobygames.com/game/sheet/p,2/gameId,2593/)
Robocops (http://www.the-underdogs.org/search.php?search_game=robocop)
Super star wars (http://www.mobygames.com/game/sheet/p,2/gameId,4369/)

Iīll finish the rest in a moment /-

Fawfulhasfury
28-12-2004, 04:29 PM
Hound of Shadow is already due on the site with my review. So you can mark that one off.

Wael
28-12-2004, 05:17 PM
Adventures of Zak Mc Kraken, propably not abandonware
Alone in dark 1 on the site & the second on is still sold
A nightmare on Elm street, abandonware # HotU
Archons already waiting in the server
A-train, abandonware # HotU
Autoduel, not found for sale, propably abandonware
Barbarian, abandonware # HotU
Bards tales, status unknown
Battle chess, on the site
Cruise for a corpse, on the site
Crystals of arborea, abandonware # HotU
Curse of Enchantia, on the site
Dawn patrol, abandonware # HotU
Death track?
Defender of the crown, on the site
Deus, abandonware # HotU
Dusk of Gods, abandonware # HotU
Elvira, still sold I believe
Escape from Hell, abandonware # HotU
Exile 2, status unknown
First Samurai, abandonware # HotU
Future wars, not found for sale, propably abandonware
Goblins, on the site
Roger Rabbit in, Hare raising havoc, abandonware # HotU
Heimdall, on the site
Hugos house of horrors, on the site
Ishars, on the site
James bonds, abandonware # HotU
Les Manley 2, Lost in La, abandonware # HotU
Mad Tv, abandonware # HotU
Magic carpet 1 being reviewed & 2 is not abandonware
Maniac Mansion, on the site
Micro machines, on the site
Millenium ?
Mortal kombats, on the site
Mrs Pacman ?
Ninja gaiden 1, Member of ESA
populousīs, abandonware # HotU
Ports of call, on the site
Powermonger, abandonware # HotU
Pyramids of Egypt, Abandonware # Hotu
Quest for Glorys, on the site
Realms, abandonware # HotU
Reunion, abandonware # HotU
Rise of the dragon, on the site
Rise of the triad, abandonware
River raid, abandonware
Robin hood (which one?)
Roadwars, abandonware # HotU
Romance of three kingdoms, abandonware # HotU
Saboteur 2, abandonware # HotU
Sabre team, abandonware # HotU
Secret weapons of... ?
Shadowcaster, not found for sale, status unknown
Shadowlands, abandonware # HotU
settlers, on the site
More simmies, status whatever
Sinbad, abandonware # HotU
Sokoban, on the site
Spear of Destiny ?
Street fighter, not found for sale, status unknown
Sword Quests ?
Test drives, status unknown
Art of Wars, abandonware # Hotu
Legacy ?
The lost admiral, abandonware # HotU
Thexder, abandonware # HotU
Times of Lore, abandonware # HotU
Transport tycoon, on the site
Ultimas Status unknown?
Ultima underworld 1 on the site '& second is coming
body blows on the site
V for victory (which one of the four?)
Warhammer, abandonware not
wasteland, abandonware-# HotU
willow, abandonware# Hotu
Wing Commanders, status unknown-------------
Wing commander armada, abandonware # HotU
Wizardys, status unknown-----------
worms, abandonware not
Xenons, abandonware # HotU
X-Men 2: The Fall of The Mutants, abandonware # HotU
X-wing ?
Yeger... ?
Zaxxon, abandonware # HotU
Zorks ? 1 & 2 on the site, three status unknown

Tulac
28-12-2004, 05:45 PM
I already offered my list it's on ftp, It wouldn't be smart posting it here since it would take several pages of the forum.Anyone really interested in some of the games from the list can PM me and I can send them to you(if they're ABW , don't wan't to brake any laws), be warned I'm on 56k.

The Niles
28-12-2004, 06:00 PM
Team 17's games are not abandoned and we do not have permission to distribute them. Sorry.

goblins
28-12-2004, 06:26 PM
a very very big list still

Yamcha
28-12-2004, 08:40 PM
elastomania is a great game. Took me some time to find the full version. But damn its good (and funny :D)

Wael
28-12-2004, 11:26 PM
Unfortunately,
It STILL is shareware,
therefore nothing for the site... /-

FreeFreddy
29-12-2004, 07:03 AM
Blake Stone - Aliens of Gold and Planet Strike are both very good games and I think they should be added to the site if they're abandoned.

The Fifth Horseman
29-12-2004, 08:40 AM
Okay, thanks.
Crescent Hawks Revenge was delayed from another source because of Picard's review, which, unfortunately, gave Kosta a wrong impression about the game. Come on, the thing was nominated for Game of the Year. How can it be so bad he described? I'm going to correct that error soon.
Fatty bears bithday adventure is not a joke. I got this game free with the old PC (along a bunch of others)
Mechwar war never a sold game, actually. It was one man's fan-job, distributed for free via BBS'es. HOTU does distribute it, and the readme written by author confirms that as long as the code is left in the original form, and all the content of archive together, it can be freely redistributed. Freeware.
OOTW, as said, works under XP without any Dos emulator, with full music and sound. Worth considering as an alternate option for XP users.
Secret Agent - Apogee, somwhere around 1991, IIRC.
Terminator 2 -was there more then one game of this title?

The Adventures of Zak Mc Kraken seem to have been a previous part to the ZMC game you already have on the site. Logically, it is by almost 100% sure to be ABW.

I don't see Ishar 2...
Millenium = sort like Master of Orion.
Spear of Destiny = enchanced Wolfenstein 3D with different levels and plot. Still popular, as can be seen in mods like Spear:Resurrection or WolfenDoom.
Two of the later Ultimas seem to be already here, but I have also got the previous parts, so it might be useful.

I see I can still contribute a fair amount of things. :Brain:

The Fifth Horseman
29-12-2004, 09:33 AM
Rex Nebular nad the Cosmic Genderbender: ESA member, according to HOTU.

Terminator 2: Judgment Day (http://www.the-underdogs.org/game.php?gameid=1559): Abandoware #HOTU

I recall having the T2: Chess Wars somwhere too, might be wrong, though.

Adventures of Robin Hood (http://www.the-underdogs.org/game.php?gameid=27): Abandoned, #HOTU

The Legacy: Realms of Terror (http://www.the-underdogs.org/game.php?gameid=619): Abandoned, #HOTU

DarkSeed: Waiting for review

Ishar 2: Waiting for review

Metal Mutant: Waiting for review

The Ancient Art of War: Waiting for review

Wasteland: Waiting for review

So, reorganizing the list:
A nightmare on Elm street, abandonware # HotU
Adventures of Robin Hood: Abandoned #HOTU
Alien breed, abandonware #HotU
Amazing spider-man, abandonware #HotU
A-train, abandonware # HotU
Barbarian, abandonware # HotU
Battletech 2 (revenge), abandonware # HotU
Capture the flag, abandonware # Hotu
Castle winds 1, abandonware # Hotu
Conan the Cimmerian? abandonware #HotU
Crystals of arborea, abandonware # HotU
D/Generation, abandonware # HotU
Dawn patrol, abandonware # HotU
Deus, abandonware # HotU
Dusk of Gods, abandonware # HotU
Dyna Blaster, Abandonware # Hotu
Earthsiege 1, abandonware # HotU
Entombed, abandonware # HotU
Escape from Hell, abandonware # HotU
First Samurai, abandonware # HotU
Home alone, abandonware # Hotu
Hound of Shadow, abandonware # HotU
James bonds, abandonware # HotU
Laser squad, abandonware # HotU
Les Manley 2, Lost in La, abandonware # HotU
Lords of the realms, abandonware # HotU
Mad Tv, abandonware # HotU
Mechwar, Freeware #HOTU
Mechwarrior 1, abandonware # HotU
Neuromancer, abandonware # HotU
Ninja Gaiden 2, abandonware # HotU
Out of this world
Pinball Fantasies, abandonware # HotU
Pinball illusions, abandonware # HotU
populousīs, abandonware # HotU
Power Dolls, abandonware # HotU
Powermonger, abandonware # HotU
Pyramids of Egypt, Abandonware # Hotu
Rampart, abandonware # HotU
Realms, abandonware # HotU
Reunion, abandonware # HotU
Rise of the triad, abandonware
River raid, abandonware
Roadwars, abandonware # HotU
Robinsons requiem, abandonware # HotU
robocops, abandonware # HotU
Roger Rabbit in, Hare raising havoc, abandonware # HotU
Romance of three kingdoms, abandonware # HotU
Saboteur 2, abandonware # HotU
Sabre team, abandonware # HotU
Shadowlands, abandonware # HotU
Sinbad, abandonware # HotU
Space Crusade, abandonware # HotU
Super star wars, Abandonware # Hotu
Terminator 2: Judgment Day: Abandoware #HOTU
The Ancient Art of War at sea: abandonware #HOTU
The Ancient Art of Wars, abandonware # Hotu
The Legacy: Realms of Terror: Abandoned, #HOTU
The lost admiral, abandonware # HotU
Thexder, abandonware # HotU
Times of Lore, abandonware # HotU
Ultima underworld 1 on the site '& second is coming
willow, abandonware# Hotu
Wing commander armada, abandonware # HotU
Xenons, abandonware # HotU
X-Men 2: The Fall of The Mutants, abandonware # HotU
Zaxxon, abandonware # HotU

The following still need confirmation:
Blake stone games, not found for sale, propably abandonware
Castle of the winds 2, status unknown
Chessmaster 2000, not found for sale, propably abandonware
Commander keens, status unknown
Day of the tentacle, most propably not abandonware
Death track?
Duke Nukems, status unknown
Exile 2, status unknown
Fatty bears bithday adventure* (is this a joke?)
Heretic, not found for sale, status unknown
Millenium ?
Mrs Pacman ?
Outrageous Adventures of Zak Mc Kraken, propably abandonware
Secret Agents (Eh?=mc2)
Secret weapons of Luftwaffe
Spear of Destiny ?
Street fighter 2, not found for sale, status unknown
Street fighter, not found for sale, status unknown
Sword Quests ?
Ultimas Status unknown?
V for victory (which one of the four?)
X-wing ?
Yeger... ?
Zork 3 status unknown

goblins
29-12-2004, 09:35 AM
quite a list there to choose from - i guess the best of the rest might get a showing here.

The Fifth Horseman
29-12-2004, 09:48 AM
According to 3dRealms store: (http://store.yahoo.com/3drealms/)

Blake Stone: Still sold

Duke Nukem: Still sold

Commander Keen: 1-5 Still sold. 6 unknown.

Rise of the Triad: Still sold

Secret Agent: Still sold

goblins
29-12-2004, 09:58 AM
oh my god would they still sell any large revenues in Rise of the triad or commander keen LOL - maybe a few hundred $$$ on a gloabl basis.

JJXB
29-12-2004, 10:08 AM
heretic is a id software game i think (i doubt that it's abandoned)

Tom Henrik
29-12-2004, 10:12 AM
It isn't.

JJXB
29-12-2004, 10:19 AM
heretic is still being sold here (http://www.idsoftware.com/games/hexen/heretic/)

Omuletzu
29-12-2004, 10:25 AM
I think it would be wise to create a non-reply forum, where people can post the games they can provide, and the admins can go over them.
Either that, or the lists should be uploaded directly to the server, so the admins can view them.

goblins
29-12-2004, 10:51 AM
at least ID support the old games with somewhere you can pay to get a new copy unlike games like the old seirra games / and 1602 AD and the ESA members which make their software titles non abandonware but mostly fail to provide game players who want the old games somewhere they can purchase them ?

Its quite a silly stance. either its supported and sold or its abandoned and no longer sold.

The Fifth Horseman
29-12-2004, 10:55 AM
Intellectual Property is a big word, Goblins...

Wael
29-12-2004, 10:58 AM
Following are the games now certified as abandonware,
and certified that no reviews of them are coming at the moment /-

A nightmare on Elm street (http://www.mobygames.com/game/sheet/p,2/gameId,1791/)
Adventures of robin hood (http://www.mobygames.com/game/sheet/p,2/gameId,2918/)
Alien Breed (http://www.mobygames.com/game/sheet/p,2/gameId,4217/)
Amazing Spider-man (http://www.mobygames.com/game/sheet/p,2/gameId,471/)
A-train (http://www.mobygames.com/game/sheet/p,2/gameId,822/)
Barbarian (http://www.mobygames.com/game/sheet/p,2/gameId,253/)
Battletech 2 (http://www.mobygames.com/game/sheet/p,2/gameId,233/)
Capture the flag (http://www.mobygames.com/game/sheet/p,2/gameId,1064/)
Castle of Winds (http://www.mobygames.com/game/sheet/p,5/gameId,842/)
Conan the Cimmerian (http://[URL=http://www.mobygames.com/game/sheet/p,2/gameId,6182/)
Crystals of Arborea (http://www.mobygames.com/game/sheet/p,2/gameId,3301/)
D/Generation (http://www.mobygames.com/game/sheet/p,2/gameId,1274/)
Dawn Patrol (http://www.mobygames.com/game/sheet/p,2/gameId,1935/)
Deus (http://www.mobygames.com/game/sheet/p,2/gameId,5001/)
Dusk of Gods (http://www.mobygames.com/game/sheet/p,2/gameId,14700/)
Dynablaster (http://www.mobygames.com/game/sheet/p,2/gameId,5143/)
Earthsiege (http://www.mobygames.com/game/sheet/p,2/gameId,1402/)
Entombed enchanted (http://www.mobygames.com/game/sheet/p,3/gameId,6714/)
Escape from Hell (http://www.mobygames.com/game/sheet/p,2/gameId,1321/)
The first samurai (http://www.mobygames.com/game/sheet/p,2/gameId,11586/)
Home alone (http://www.mobygames.com/game/sheet/p,2/gameId,9063/)
James Bond Stealth affair (http://www.mobygames.com/game/sheet/p,2/gameId,2236/)
Laser squad (http://www.mobygames.com/game/sheet/p,2/gameId,180/)
Les Manley 2, Lost in LA (http://www.mobygames.com/game/sheet/p,2/gameId,3351/)
Lords of the Realm (http://www.mobygames.com/game/sheet/p,2/gameId,4303/)
Mad Tv (http://www.mobygames.com/game/sheet/p,2/gameId,2831/)
MechWar (http://www.sarna.net/btech/bt-mw.shtml)
Mechwarrior (http://www.mobygames.com/game/sheet/p,2/gameId,105/)
NeuroMancer (http://www.mobygames.com/game/sheet/p,2/gameId,687/)
Ninja Gaiden II (http://www.mobygames.com/game/sheet/p,2/gameId,2466/)
Pinball illusions (http://www.mobygames.com/game/sheet/p,2/gameId,573/)
Pinball fantasies (http://www.mobygames.com/game/sheet/p,2/gameId,571/)
Populous 1 (http://www.mobygames.com/game/sheet/p,2/gameId,613/) & 2 (http://www.mobygames.com/game/sheet/p,2/gameId,1727/)
PowerDolls (http://www.the-underdogs.org/game.php?id=1646)
PowerMonger (http://www.mobygames.com/game/sheet/p,2/gameId,1993/)
Pyramids of Egypt (http://www.mobygames.com/game/sheet/p,2/gameId,11558/)
Rampart (http://www.mobygames.com/game/sheet/p,2/gameId,3345/)
Realms (http://www.mobygames.com/game/sheet/p,2/gameId,6244/)
ReUnion (http://www.mobygames.com/game/sheet/p,2/gameId,597/)
River Raid (http://www.mobygames.com/game/sheet/p,4/gameId,6947/)
Roadwars (http://www.mobygames.com/search/quick?q=roadwars)
Robinsons requiem (http://www.mobygames.com/game/sheet/p,2/gameId,4797/)
Robocops 1 & 3 (http://www.mobygames.com/search/quick?q=robocops&p=-1&search=Go)
Roger Rabbit in, Hare raising Havoc (http://www.mobygames.com/game/sheet/p,2/gameId,4346/)
Romance of Three Kingdoms 1& 2 (http://www.mobygames.com/search/quick?q=Romance+of+three+kingdoms)
Saboteur 2 (http://www.mobygames.com/game/sheet/p,2/gameId,251/)
Sabre Team (http://www.mobygames.com/game/sheet/p,2/gameId,1474/)
Shadowlands (http://www.mobygames.com/game/sheet/p,24/gameId,14455/)
Sinbad (http://www.mobygames.com/game/sheet/p,2/gameId,3911/)
Space Crusade (http://www.mobygames.com/game/sheet/p,2/gameId,2593/)
Street fighter (http://www.mobygames.com/game/sheet/gameId,9465/)
Super star wars (http://www.mobygames.com/game/sheet/p,2/gameId,4369/)
Terminator 2; judgement day (http://www.mobygames.com/game/sheet/p,2/gameId,2361/)
Legacy Realms of Terror (http://www.mobygames.com/game/sheet/p,2/gameId,697/)
Lost Admiral (http://www.mobygames.com/game/sheet/p,2/gameId,2646/)
Thexder (http://www.mobygames.com/game/sheet/p,2/gameId,49/)
Times of Lore (http://www.mobygames.com/game/sheet/p,2/gameId,762/)
V foe Victory, all four (http://www.mobygames.com/search/quick?q=v+for+victory)
Willow (http://www.mobygames.com/game/sheet/p,2/gameId,4574/)
Wing commander Armada (http://www.mobygames.com/game/sheet/p,2/gameId,494/)
Xenons (http://www.mobygames.com/search/quick?q=xenons)
X-men 2; The fall of mutants (http://www.mobygames.com/game/sheet/p,2/gameId,1794/)
Zaxxon (http://www.mobygames.com/game/sheet/p,4/gameId,411/)

And the following are yet to be confirmed

Castle of the winds 2, status unknown
Death track?
Exile 2, status unknown
Millenium ?
Mrs Pacman ?
Secret Agents (Eh?=mc2)
Sword Quests ?
Ultimas Status unknown?
X-wing ?
Yeger... ?
Zork 3 status unknown

Iīll update the list as situtations arise /-

AND STOP GOING OFFTOPIC /-

goblins
29-12-2004, 11:03 AM
ok then the other option is to make that stale unsold intellectual property commercially available even if only through their own website ie similar to the apple itunes pay for download legal copies of music files for $1 a peiece for ipods

Games companies with very old titles could make say each game $1 a peice you could pay $5 payment and get 5 old titles in return with a download link specific to each buyer - it would be valid for 1 week only.

That way they would still be selling the game and could justify protecting their Intellectual property - quite a few smaller game producers actually distribute their games this way esp shareware companies when players register to get the full version they pay their $10 or so and get a link via email to download the full version game

On this specific issue what is stopping the companies from doing this.

I agree illegal warez is wrong -

But if the companies in question and there are many have stopped supporting their product and remain intent on protecting it from illegal distribtuion - perhaps those wanting to buy the game and cant shoudl email them and ask for this legal payable download option for early titles ?

goblins
29-12-2004, 11:06 AM
wael what about ad 1602 on mobygames i cant find the link ?

Wael
29-12-2004, 11:09 AM
1602 A.D (http://www.mobygames.com/game/sheet/p,3/gameId,2294/)
Still sold /-

goblins
29-12-2004, 11:28 AM
gameswharehouse.com.au dont have any in stock -

chipsandbits is a USA site and i dont care to pay excessive shipping charges

The Fifth Horseman
29-12-2004, 12:03 PM
Okay, seems like I actually still can contribute several dozen titles... :cheers:

Sebatianos
29-12-2004, 12:13 PM
Excelent!
But who'll do all the reviews (I'm a bit busy right now :whistle: ).
:cheers:

The Fifth Horseman
29-12-2004, 12:48 PM
For some of them I can write the reviews myself, but not for all. For example, I'm not really a fan of cRPG, and just would not have the patience to play them long enough to get a review with screenshots.

This pretty much means most of the titles present on the first list.

I'm certainly not going to pass the opportunity of reviewing MechWarrior 1 to anybody else...

The_X
29-12-2004, 01:10 PM
Yeah lets get all the games up for downlaod!

The Fifth Horseman
29-12-2004, 01:17 PM
Cross out Street Fighter 2, seems that Abandonia already has it.

Sincce SF 2 is ABW, it would be logical to assume that SF 1 is ABW as well.

The_X, if you are so eager to see them all for download then in the meantime take a while to help the Abandonia crew by reviewing some of the games they have already got that need only reviews to be put up.
Or if you don't want to write reviews, then donate to the site for the bandwidth you will use when downloading the games. This way you will help in maintaining the site and verybody will be happy.

Wael
29-12-2004, 01:25 PM
Thank you,
Iīll update the list as it goes /-

goblins
29-12-2004, 08:02 PM
all very good games - but reviews are needed and screenshots - they should have enough games now to put up 2 or 3 a day for a few months at least LOL. Still good to have them handy and ready.

wormpaul
29-12-2004, 08:48 PM
We got enough members to review....

Just have some patience :whistle:

The Fifth Horseman
30-12-2004, 08:56 AM
As said, I'll try to supply some reviews myself, but I'm in the final class of a high school, and still need to learn Turbo Pascal for the exams at the end of the schoolyear - so my time will be grossly limited.

The Fifth Horseman
03-01-2005, 07:43 AM
So, how is it going? When can I send you any of the games (note - I take the responsibility of ensuring that each game is functioning on myself)?

Note that the following still need confirmation, the list of confirmed games went to Kosta just a minute ago.
Death track
Exile 2, status unknown
Millenium
Mrs Pacman
Street Fighter I, presumed abandonware
Sword Quests
Ultimas Status unknown
Wing Commanders, status unknown
Wizardys, status unknown
X-wing
Yeger...
Zork 3 status unknown

Castle of the winds 2 confirmed. HOTU has it, Amazon.com: not stocked/discontinued, Wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Castle_of_the_Winds) informs that in 1998 the author has released the game as free domain. This qualifies it for the site, I think.

The Fifth Horseman
10-01-2005, 08:40 AM
Preparing the packages for Kosta...

Barrett
12-01-2005, 10:37 AM
Sorry just a quick question Horseman, see with ure amazing spiderman, Is it the game where ure spiderman character is pretty small, and every so often u come to a room with a moving floor thing which put ure energy back up ?
cos if its the game im thinking of i defenately want it.
Cheers

The Fifth Horseman
12-01-2005, 11:08 AM
Yep, tis' th' one. Checked the copy yesterday evening - works under latest DosBox without any problems.

Current status: 16 games have been checked, about twice that number to go.
I'll have a hard time cleaning the configs and saves from some, but I managed to do that with Crescent Hawks Revenge easily (just changed names of the save slots in the file and then zeroed out the rest of it), and the rest will follow soon. See, in a few cases I am erasing old configs/scores/saves right away, wile in others I'll do that later.
I am also sorting out through my entire colelction of game extras, so a number of the games will come along with manual, copy protection codes (if needed) and so on.

Barrett
12-01-2005, 03:57 PM
Safe man I cant wait to get my hands on that spidey game again then any ideas for when it will be on here ?

Wael
12-01-2005, 07:13 PM
It can also be found here (http://www.the-underdogs.org/game.php?id=47) /-

And if you would be intrested enough to review it,
we would all apreciate it, and then you should contact one of the admins /-

The Fifth Horseman
13-01-2005, 09:30 AM
Barrett, should be ready for review somwhere next week. You will be able to apply for reviewing it to Kosta then.

Hmm... after I checked another CD for a copy of Pinball Fantasies (the other one was not working for some reason), I found a bunch of other Pinballs too...
Epic Pinball 1-3
Pinball Dreams 2
Pinball Extreme
Pinball Living Ball
Pinball Psycho
Pinball World

I also found Pinball Dreams 1, but in a file with a DDI extension and don't know what to do with that.

The V for Victory is part 3

A little update:

Electro man# Epic Classics)
Elvira,# still sold
Jill of the Jungle, #Epic Classics
Dinosaur safari, found at (http://www.softwarecheaper.com/othergames.html), will be too big for the site anyway/
Yoda stories, still sold (http://shop.store.yahoo.com/5dollarsoftware/stwayost.html)

X-wing 1 #The black list "X-Wing (all but the very first one) - LucasArts"
Castle wind 2, public domain
Commander keen 6, not sold, ABW
Exile 2, ABW #Kosta
Out of this world, ABW #HOTU

Test Drives already on Abandonia.

Confirmation needed:
Death track
Millenium
Mrs Pacman
Street Fighter I, presumed abandonware
Sword Quests
Ultimas Status unknown
Wing Commanders, status unknown
Wizardys, status unknown
Yeger...
Zork 3 status unknown

Barrett
13-01-2005, 11:09 AM
Ok i downloaded it from the other site, so il get a review ready for it, so the review will be ready when u are

The Fifth Horseman
13-01-2005, 12:36 PM
Just remember to supply Kosta with a good amount of screenshots too...

I'll try to get wroking on the double.

Barrett
13-01-2005, 12:42 PM
yeah no worries mate, screenshots, a semi decent review, the whole works, I was just playing it there, just remembering how frustrating it can be

Reaperman
14-01-2005, 11:24 PM
5th Horseman, if you could send me MechWarrior, and Hitchikers Guide, That would be most appreciated!
My E-mail is [Edited] the same as Dr. Frankenstien. And any admins who think im a hacker or something, im not. Were Brothers.

Borodin
15-01-2005, 02:36 AM
Originally posted by Reaperman@Jan 15 2005, 12:24 AM
Were Brothers.
As in, guys who don't know one another, but under a full moon morph into brothers? Cool! :ok:

The Fifth Horseman
17-01-2005, 09:39 AM
Reaperman, I forgot about the Guide. MechWarrior will be sent to Kosta today, so just apply for review if you like. If you won't, then I'll review it shortly.

The Fifth Horseman
28-06-2009, 12:57 PM
Uploaded to the FTP:

Game archives:
Bionic Commando (DOS)

Music:
Battletech: The Crescent Hawks Revenge
Earthsiege 2
Epic 40000 - Final Liberation
Knights of Honor
Space Crusade (Amiga & PC versions)
Space Hulk (Amiga, PC & Mobile versions)
Space Hulk: Vengeance of the Blood Angels (PC & PSX versions)
Traffic department 2192
UFO: Cydonia's Fall (it's all remixes from UFO: Enemy Unknown)
Warhammer 40000: Chaos Gate
Warhammer 40000: Rites of War

The Fifth Horseman
02-07-2009, 02:43 PM
Gamebooks: A _ton_ of the stuff. Nearly everything that used to be at HOTU, in fact.
27 series, 139 books total. Note that not all series are complete.

2000AD - Diceman
Be an Interplanetary Spy
Blood Sword
Combat Command
Cretan Chronicles, The
Demonspawn
Dragon Warriors
Eternal Champions
Fabled Lands
Falcon
Fatemaster
Find Your Fate - Jem
Free Gamebooks
Freeway Warrior
Golden Dragon
GrailQuest
Knightmare
Legends of Skyfall, The
Marvel Super Heroes
Maxi-Solo
Middle-Earth Quest
Narnia Solo Games
Nintendo Adventure Books
One-hit Wonders
Proteus
Real Life Gamebooks
Sagard the Barbarian
Sherlock Holmes Solo Mysteries
Star Challenge
Storytrails
TutorText
Virtual Reality Adventure
Way of the Tiger, The
Zork

RPG Dice Roller.zip

El Quia
02-07-2009, 03:54 PM
Tell me when they are available for reviewing! I can review some of them, at least :D

The Fifth Horseman
02-07-2009, 04:00 PM
Any time. :)

El Quia
02-07-2009, 04:45 PM
How do I access the gamebooks, then? I have never reviewed nor submitted anything to the site, just a game to the ISO cellar and the review of the same for the magazine *^_^

The Fifth Horseman
02-07-2009, 04:53 PM
I'll move them to the directory where we're keeping stuff for reviewers and send you the links.

El Quia
02-07-2009, 05:26 PM
Thanks! ^_^

arete
03-07-2009, 03:21 AM
Middle Earth? Narnia? This stuff is gold! :3: I'll raid the ftp as soon as I remember how. *^_^

The Fifth Horseman
05-06-2011, 10:41 AM
Uploading to FTP:
Civilization - Call To Power (CD-Rip, 130 MB ZIP archive)
(NOT Call To Power 2, that one is sold)

arete
05-06-2011, 12:40 PM
i need to figure out a way to download this between 24h00 and 05h00. :mhh:

Also: Would you be interested in impertinent (http://www.girlgeniusonline.com/comic.php?date=20091019) mechanical squid? Heeheehee ^_^

The Fifth Horseman
24-07-2011, 10:09 AM
Uploaded to FTP:
Civilization - Call to Power manual
Arcomage (full game, zipped copy of the original installation package)

The Fifth Horseman
02-08-2011, 08:52 PM
Intro videos for Lost Vikings 2 and Waterworld uploaded to FTP. Working on recording a good gameplay of LV2.

Capo
02-08-2011, 10:07 PM
New videos! Finally! :OK:

The Fifth Horseman
02-08-2011, 10:26 PM
Uploading the best of my Lost Vikings 2 gameplay videos taken today. It's not as flawless as I'd wanted, but it'll do.

The Fifth Horseman
24-10-2011, 08:26 PM
Uploading MP3s with the music from Norse by Norsewest - The Return of the Lost Vikings .

The Fifth Horseman
06-04-2012, 06:26 PM
Uploaded CyberGladiators (full disc image for reviewer; will work on ripping it later);
Uploaded Warcraft II. This is a complete archive containing both Tides of Darkness and Beyond the Dark Portal, with full voiceovers and cutscenes - only thing left out are the CD-audio tracks from the game discs (the game contains the same tracks in MIDI format, so technically speaking the only losses there are a slight reduction in quality and the absence of one "hidden" bonus track).

EDIT: Warcraft II is v 1.3 . There's a newer patch. To patch it, rename W2.exe to war2.exe, run the patch installer, then rename war2.exe back to w2.exe

The Fifth Horseman
09-04-2012, 09:20 PM
Uploaded: Zombie Wars review and screenshots.

Dave
10-04-2012, 10:45 AM
Thanks 5th :OK:

TotalAnarchy
10-04-2012, 10:49 AM
7 years in the making. :p

The Fifth Horseman
20-05-2012, 09:11 PM
Uploaded a ripped version of MechCommander 2. Just a meg under our effective size limit. Instead of removing anything, the videos and sound have been downsampled by about 50%.

The Fifth Horseman
27-06-2012, 07:55 AM
Uploaded a ripped version of MechCommander. The music is downsampled, the intro had to be removed and so had to be zoomed in versions of the sprites. 240 MB, give or take a few.

The Fifth Horseman
30-06-2012, 11:34 AM
Replaced with a version where the videos have been downsampled (thanks, Expack2!). 257 MB.

Uploaded intro and outro from Esoteria.

Capo
30-06-2012, 02:04 PM
Finally new videos :OK:

The Fifth Horseman
03-07-2012, 07:25 AM
Uploaded:
* The Typing of The Dead
* Bug!
* Mechcommander intro
* Mechcommander 2 intro
* Mechwarrior 3 campaign intro (it's a different video from the game intro we have on the channel)

Dave
04-07-2012, 02:41 PM
Nice, "Typing of The Dead" must be funny :)

The Fifth Horseman
05-07-2012, 03:40 AM
Uploaded:
* Esoteria 3
* Esoteria Prequel
* Ecco The Dolphin
* Warcraft 2 intro

The Fifth Horseman
11-07-2012, 04:44 PM
Forgot to mention uploading Comix Zone earlier.

The Fifth Horseman
14-02-2013, 02:31 PM
Uploaded Discworld 2 with the null string fix bundled and the executable modified to run from any path.