PDA

View Full Version : Anyone suggest some good 3DO games?

Saccade
15-06-2009, 04:16 PM
I got a new 3DO (well, old) for only £30! with loads of games and controllers!
Just never played half the 3DO titles that are for sale out there still...

Multiplayer would be good.
I need suggestions from anyone who can remember the console or its games.

Ta,
Pete

Saccade
18-06-2009, 05:30 PM
Come on guys! Someone must've played 3DO before?!

Plleeeeeeeeaaasssee???

It'd make me and Pandaaa well chuffed if we had more two player games - especially the retro ones.
It's funny that I was playing games that were brand new before she was even a twinkle in her arsehole of a father's eye.

_r.u.s.s.
18-06-2009, 06:33 PM
well i have never had a 3do (it was not even known in my woods) but here (http://www.mobygames.com/browse/games/3do)'s the list of games that were released for 3do

TheChosen
18-06-2009, 10:21 PM
You got 3DO? Thats cool.

Not long ago I listened this podcast from HG101 guys, were they talked about 3DO and some of its good titles. Episode 5. You can get it here: http://hg101.classicgaming.gamespy.com/podcasts.htm

Some of the good ones I remember them talking about were Horde, Return Fire, Alone in the Dark, Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo, Road Rash and Star Control 2. I'd also personally recommend lightgun games like Mad Dog McCree (campy western) and Corpse Killer (campy zombies).

But whatever you play, avoid Plumbers Dont Wear Ties. Its trash-material.

EDIT: And no matter what everyone has said to you, you should try Night Trap

Mar-vell
21-06-2009, 04:36 PM
Super Wing Commander, a WC1 remake by Origin for 3DO, which was ported on PowerMac afterwards. I tried to play it with FreeDO, looks great but runs too slow. But as you have a real 3DO player.......

BlueBMW
21-06-2009, 05:53 PM
Star Control 2 was my favorite on 3DO. Also, road rash on 3DO was a lot of fun.

ComboTroop
21-06-2009, 07:56 PM
I didn't have the 3DO console, but i had many of their games on other systems, Like Army Men and Might and Magic etc. and they were good games!

bobinator1992
30-06-2009, 02:02 AM
Another 3DO fan, eh? You and me are going to get along juuuuuuust fine.

Try these:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rrz8H2KTbhI&feature=related - Way of the Warrior. It's an MK ripoff, and not a terribly good one. But, it's great to mock with friends.

Twisted - The Game Show: This is a party game for 1-4 players, but it only uses 1 controller. Kind of like Mario Party, you use a virtual die to go up a tower, doing minigames (puzzles, like memory matching and other things) to get to the end first.

Bladeforce - I have no idea how to play this game. If you can figure out how, you're a better man than me. At least the intro is cool. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5fI1KFwtXKA

red_avatar
30-06-2009, 04:06 AM
It's funny: the 3DO, Jaguar and Saturn were all consoles that failed to break though in a span of only a few years time. In the case of the Jaguar that was probably deservedly so (terrible design) but the 3DO and Saturn were both fine consoles. I remember all the reviews and interviews on Micro Kids on France 3 (TV station) - lots of French developers went for one of the three consoles. We all know the Playstation overclassed them all in the end (although I was never a Playstation fan myself - too mainstream for my liking).

Tulac
30-06-2009, 06:21 AM
3DO - 700$ at launch, Playstation (with superior graphics, a year or so later) - 300$ at launch.

Also I suppose you never used SNES, or NES either because they were "too" mainstream you poor poor thing.

red_avatar
30-06-2009, 02:00 PM
3DO - 700$ at launch, Playstation (with superior graphics, a year or so later) - 300$ at launch.

Also I suppose you never used SNES, or NES either because they were "too" mainstream you poor poor thing.
Actually, I found the Playstation to cater a lot more to the casual crowd - the MTV generation like they were called in the 90's. The type of games quickly changed as well - the focus on graphics really became huge, something which wasn't a priority for Nintendo (and the Gamecube and Wii just confirm this - ironically the Wii attracted the casual crowd) - and this often at expense of depth to the game. Not to say the PSX didn't have its fair share of great games - just that too many of its games focussed on that casual crowd.