PDA

View Full Version : Xhumed, From the dark cellar

Xhumed
15-05-2009, 12:17 PM
Is it alright to post pdf copies of original game manuals if the game is not abandonware?
I have Central Intelligence by Ocean, 1994 and have checked it and found that it's still for sale on CDAccess so it's not abandonware but there are games here like "Day of the Tentacle" that are also not abandonware but a copy of the manual is listed, in the case of "Day of the Tentacle" the manual is a Replacmentdocs.com manual, it also has screenshots from the game so I assume it's alright to submit them as well?
I just wanted to check before I submitted the manual and docs.
Thanks.

Paco
15-05-2009, 12:36 PM
please post a list of Manual here you want to submit, then we will check it. However Extra is always ok even for protected Games.

Xhumed
15-05-2009, 12:57 PM
Thanks Paco, I will do.

Paco
17-05-2009, 12:07 PM
Before i forgot it. Please dont submit Stuff from Replacementdocs and such. We wont accept it. Keep that in Mind.

Xhumed
17-05-2009, 05:59 PM
Understood, I have a bit of a problem with Replacementdocs myself as I don't agree with them stamping their name over material that doesn't belong to them in fact when I have found docs that have their name on I remove it:hihihi:

Xhumed
22-05-2009, 11:35 PM
Some games and extras, all games tried and working.

Alone in the Dark 1 - Manual.
Castles II - Manual.
Central Intelligence. Manual, Reference Card, Box shots, CD Case shots, CD Scan, Screenshots, Game.
Conquests of Camelot - The Search for the Grail – Manual.
Fantasy General – Install Guide.
I Have No Mouth and I Must Scream – Manual, Screenshots, Game.
Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom – Manual.
Jagged Alliance - Quick Reference Card.
Leather Goddesses of Phobos – Manual, Map, Scratch N Sniff Card.
Lost Files of Sherlock Holmes - The Case of the Serrated Scalpel - Manual.
Master of Magic – Spellbook.
Maupiti Island – Manual.
Outpost - Manual, Screenshots, Game, plays in XP from folder.
Panzer General - Scenarios & Tactics.
Premier Manager 2. Manual, Game.
Rise of the Triad - Dark War – Revised Edition – Manual, Screenshots,Game.
Silicon Dreams – Manual, Screenshots, Game.
Space Quest Collection - Roger Wilco Unclogged – Manual.
Subwar 2050 – Manual, Quick Reference Card, Under Currents - Improving your tactics, Screenshots, Game.
Legend of Kyrandia 2 - Hand of Fate – Manual.
The Lost Vikings – English Manual, Screenshots, Games English, French.

skillz
23-05-2009, 01:00 AM
Panzer General - Scenarios & Tactics
Nice

TotalAnarchy
23-05-2009, 08:56 AM
Alone in the Dark 1 - Manual. [OK]
Castles II - Manual. [OK]
Central Intelligence. Manual, Reference Card, Box shots, CD Case shots, CD Scan, Screenshots, Game. [APPROVED]
Conquests of Camelot - The Search for the Grail – Manual. [OK]
Fantasy General – Install Guide. [OK]
I Have No Mouth and I Must Scream – Manual, Screenshots, Game. [SOLD] at Author's Website (http://harlanellison.com/herc.htm#ihnm)
Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom – Manual. [OK]
Jagged Alliance - Quick Reference Card. [OK]
Leather Goddesses of Phobos – Manual, Map, Scratch N Sniff Card. [OK]
Lost Files of Sherlock Holmes - The Case of the Serrated Scalpel - Manual. [OK]
Master of Magic – Spellbook. [OK]
Maupiti Island – Manual. [OK]
Outpost - Manual, Screenshots, Game, plays in XP from folder. [APPROVED] We can ignore this (https://www.compretro.com/products/Outpost-by-SIERRA.html) since it has only 1 copy in stock
Panzer General - Scenarios & Tactics. [OK]
Premier Manager 2. Manual, Game. [APPROVED]
Rise of the Triad - Dark War – Revised Edition – Manual, Screenshots,Game. [SOLD] at Gog.com (http://www.gog.com/en/gamecard/rise_of_the_triad__dark_war)
Silicon Dreams – Manual, Screenshots, Game. [APPROVED]
Space Quest (Collector's Edition) - Roger Wilco Unclogged – Manual. [REJECTED] We don't host collections
Subwar 2050 – Manual, Quick Reference Card, Under Currents - Improving your tactics, Screenshots, Game. [APPROVED]
Legend of Kyrandia 2 - Hand of Fate – Manual. [OK]
The Lost Vikings – English Manual, Screenshots, Games English, French. [ON SITE] [REJECTED]

Thank you for your contributions. :) Do you have FTP access?

skillz
23-05-2009, 09:19 AM
I am so looking forward to seeing Panzer General Scenarios & Tactics:clap:

Paco
23-05-2009, 09:52 AM
wow, that is a lot. :drool:

- Space Quest (Collector's Edition) - Roger Wilco Unclogged – Manual. [REJECTED] We don't host collections

Its just the Manual and not the Game, or? Then we can host it.

- The Lost Vikings – English Manual, Screenshots, Games English, French. [ON SITE] [REJECTED]

We have it indeed already on Site, but can you, Xhumed, check if the Manual on AB and your is the same or in better quality?

TotalAnarchy
23-05-2009, 10:04 AM

Not really because:

Space Quest Collector's edition is a compilation of the first five games of the Space Quest series. The package contains Space Quest I (both EGA and VGA versions), Space Quest II, Space Quest III, Space Quest IV English CD-ROM version, and Space Quest V (English, French and German versions). As a bonus, a humorous movie clip about the history of Space Quest series was also included.

We have all those games on site separately, so we can't just upload the manual for all of them.

The Fifth Horseman
23-05-2009, 10:10 AM
We have all those games on site separately, so we can't just upload the manual for all of them.
Not so sure about that. It _might_ be technically possible to upload the manual once and just links to the original file on entries to other parts of the series.

Xhumed
23-05-2009, 11:46 AM
wow, that is a lot. :drool:

- Space Quest (Collector's Edition) - Roger Wilco Unclogged – Manual. [REJECTED] We don't host collections

- The Lost Vikings – English Manual, Screenshots, Games English, French. [ON SITE] [REJECTED]

We have it indeed already on Site, but can you, Xhumed, check if the Manual on AB and your is the same or in better quality?

Hi Paco, Roger Wilco Unclogged is just the manual that came with the 15th Anniversary Sierra Adventure Collection, it has a bit of history on each game of the five games, some info on installation and some codes for various missions.

The Lost Vikings, I have checked my manual and the one on site and they are identical except mine does not have Replacementdocs stamped on it.:hihihi:

Xhumed
23-05-2009, 11:57 AM
Do you have FTP access?

Hi TotalAnarchy, Yes I have FTP access.

Paco
23-05-2009, 12:05 PM
The Lost Vikings, I have checked my manual and the one on site and they are identical except mine does not have Replacementdocs stamped on it.:hihihi:

In this case: Upload it! We will replace it with the RD-Manual on Site.

Hi Paco, Roger Wilco Unclogged is just the manual that came with the 15th Anniversary Sierra Adventure Collection, it has a bit of history on each game of the five games, some info on installation and some codes for various missions.

Upload it too. We will see how we will deal about that.

Thank you for your Stuff.

Xhumed
24-05-2009, 02:30 PM
Sorry I think I misunderstood TotalAnarchy when he asked me if I had FTP access, I thought he meant do I have a FTP program but if he meant do I have FTP access to the Abandonia upload server no I don't so could someone please send me the FTP details please, thanks.

Paco
24-05-2009, 02:34 PM
Sorry I think I misunderstood TotalAnarchy when he asked me if I had FTP access, I thought he meant do I have a FTP program but if he meant do I have FTP access to the Abandonia upload server no I don't so could someone please send me the FTP details please, thanks.

sent PM.

Xhumed
24-05-2009, 08:46 PM
Thanks very much Paco, my there is a lot on the server:max: