PDA

View Full Version : I can't play Death Gate

Infinium
30-04-2009, 01:12 PM
Even after having read the disscussion on the game and trying all the advice. I use Dos Box and vista:sick::sick:

The Fifth Horseman
30-04-2009, 01:18 PM
Please describe your problem, the exact steps you have tried to resolve it - in detail, exactly as you performed them - and what results did you achieve, especially any error messages that occured.
Without a proper problem description, there is very little we can do to help you apart from directing you to Beginner's Guide to DOSBox (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/showthread.php?t=14406).

Infinium
01-05-2009, 05:08 AM
Ok, I've worked it out now but it took a bit of reading and a long time! That was really hard, I hope the game is a lot easier.

There were too many trials to mention here:sick:

Eagle of Fire
01-05-2009, 05:20 AM
Poor newbie, having trouble working out DOS games... :p

Actually I'm slightly impressed you worked it out by yourself. You scored a point there, chief. :OK:

_r.u.s.s.
01-05-2009, 01:52 PM
if people simply read the readme file, they would have saved the trouble of reading 23049823 words long manuals and "newbie guides"

Infinium
02-05-2009, 09:40 AM
I read all the guides there were, all the advice. None of them worked. One bit of advice came close and I improvised.

I'm not a newbie to dos box but I don't get too technical with it either, most of the games work.

dosraider
02-05-2009, 10:08 AM
Please describe your problem, the exact steps you have tried to resolve it - in detail, exactly as you performed them - and what results did you achieve, especially any error messages that occured.

You still haven't given ANY relevant info.
You posted 3 posts with a lot of blah blah, but no detailed relevant info.

Begin with posting:
Dosbox version?
All your mount lines?
How you try to run the game? Inputs? Results?

Exact and detailed.

I use Dos Box and vista:sick::sick:
You can forget the :sick:, it is a fact that dosbox works fine under Vista, Vista is NOT the problem, the problem is what's between the chair and the keyboard.

_r.u.s.s.
02-05-2009, 10:21 AM
well i thought he solved already=P

dosraider
02-05-2009, 10:26 AM
ORLY?
I read all the guides there were, all the advice. None of them worked. One bit of advice came close and I improvised.
:doh2:

_r.u.s.s.
02-05-2009, 10:43 AM
Ok, I've worked it out now but it took a bit of reading and a long time! That was really hard, I hope the game is a lot easier.

There were too many trials to mention here:sick:

YARLY

dosraider
02-05-2009, 10:47 AM
OYRLY.
:whistling:

But I can't help wondering what the 'I improvised' stands for.
Must be something interesting ....

Eagle of Fire
02-05-2009, 10:04 PM
Okay now, enough chatter... Let's get back to the subject at hand. Let's see if he post again. If he have a real problem and he talks about it we'll be ready to help him.

TheChosen
02-05-2009, 11:12 PM
YARLY

then what are you doing in this topic. gtfo

that's just ego hunting out there

i apologize for the late reply but someone moved my previous post without the 2 connected posts into spam

_

_r.u.s.s.
03-05-2009, 02:25 AM
huh? it was a joke
should i link you to ORLY? YARLY explanation?

and those 2 things are totally unrelated. how can you compare it with someone coming into a topic just to say that he doesn't care about it

riccso
04-05-2009, 07:30 PM
if people simply read the readme file, they would have saved the trouble of reading 23049823 words long manuals and "newbie guides"
Soooooo true.
I learnt the way to use DosBox with readme and "intro mount",I never read a guide or something :hihihi: