PDA

View Full Version : Tie Fighter

Kestral
27-12-2004, 02:48 AM
Yea Tie fighter was probably one of my favorite Lucas Arts game back then in the 1990's
It was sort of a sequel to the X wing series and actually of course let you play the Imperial Side
Me of course favor the imperial craft because how neat looking they were sometimes, though the game can get tough when you have it on hard settings and your on one of the later on campaigns
I gave this game a 9/10 as one of my favorite games< Favorite old games of lucasarts

Well feel free to tell me what you think of it :bleh:

Eagle of Fire
27-12-2004, 03:11 AM
Tie Fighter is indeed the sequel to X-Wing and allowed you to play as an imperial pilot.

Since X-Wing been added to the site recently, you can expect Tie Fighter to follow. Unless, obviously, it is not abadonware. And also the size of the archive might be a problem.

If we don't encouter those 2 problems then you can be sure it will be added someday. :ok:

edlglide
27-12-2004, 03:47 AM
TIE Fighter is probably one of the 15 greatest PC games ever released.

FreeFreddy
27-12-2004, 11:58 AM
I think Tie Fighter isn't abandoned.
But the game is great. I actually liked it much more than X-Wing, since it offered much more interesting options in the game like the improved map, was graphically quite more detailled and also had more weapons and similar equipeable things.

wormpaul
27-12-2004, 03:07 PM
Never played the game..

So when possible: absolute nice for the site... :whistle:

edlglide
27-12-2004, 08:02 PM
Originally posted by FreeFreddy@Dec 27 2004, 12:58 PM
I think Tie Fighter isn't abandoned.
But the game is great. I actually liked it much more than X-Wing, since it offered much more interesting options in the game like the improved map, was graphically quite more detailled and also had more weapons and similar equipeable things.
You should like it better than X-Wing.......it's better in basically every single aspect of gameplay. And it actually has an interesting original storyline with Thrawn and the others. This is one of those increasingly rare times where the sequel absolutely destroys the original.

Kestral
27-12-2004, 08:07 PM
I agree, though it seems you can bust a tie fighter so badly in x wing , but yet its the other way around in that game, even on hard its too easy. Trust me I love the gun boats, them and about 12 Concussion missles =D

goblins
27-12-2004, 09:29 PM
has anyone bothered to email the company and ask direct if they have abandoned the game. If they have then it is easy enough to put up - something in the email about if they aint selling it make it available as freeware as there are still poeple who cant find it but are willing to play it still.

If enough people email them and put the pressure campaign on to get some of these 5+ year old games out into the abandonware sites more companies might relent and actually realise more of them.

For some its a silly obsesson with copywright. If its no longer sold or been superceded let us have it for free.

I know i sound a bit annoyed or activists here but common logic should prevail - for those titles that are still supported being sold actively by the company then sure fight the copywright battles but if the revenue is paltry just let it go free.

Fawfulhasfury
27-12-2004, 09:32 PM
It's been tried before. Maybe you should ask the people who tried it where they are now - Prison. Where LucasArts sent their sued behinds like they usually do with people who ask such questions. So no letters or e-mails to them.

goblins
27-12-2004, 09:36 PM
a simple email - thats all just with a requrest if you dont download still protected titles then you should be ok - doing nothing wrong except requesting that they consider putting it out there as freeware if no longer supported. Thats a simple customer relations question.

If worried use a fake email LOL.

Those in prison distribute copywrited material from games titles still being sold

On the other hand those games that aint supported / sold anymore just gather dust when there are players out there who would still play them if freeware.

some common sense would be good the other option is the software companies make them available again as a download for a fee !

Omuletzu
28-12-2004, 07:41 AM
I'm pretty sure tie fighter is not abw

Kestral
28-12-2004, 11:00 AM
Again i don't have to worry if its abw or not...i gots the game, and the new special addition on cd =D

berkie1234
30-12-2004, 02:30 PM
:bleh: :bleh: I own the tie fighter special edicion,original instructions,AND the OFFICIAL GIANT PRIMA STRATEGY GUIDE!!!!! :bleh: :bleh:

Rogue
30-12-2004, 02:37 PM
I have the game (collector edition), but never played it trough first mission. :D Like many other games I got in my collection.

FreeFreddy
30-12-2004, 02:39 PM
You missed something because of that. This game does very much fun, and once you get into the steering and the interface, you won't come that easy off it. ;)