PDA

View Full Version : "Insert map disc and press space bar to continue"

Fubb
29-01-2009, 01:54 PM
"Insert map disc and press space bar to continue"

This is whatt the game, "Visions of Aftermath: Boomtown" Asks you about 5 or so months into the game. My question to you people, is, what is the solution to this? Like, what do i need to do in DOS Box and what not.

K THX

_r.u.s.s.
29-01-2009, 07:07 PM
it's kinda hard to tell if we can't reach the game. are there any other excutables? did you install that game? did you try emulating a virtual floppy?

Eagle of Fire
30-01-2009, 01:42 AM
what do i need to do in DOS Box and what not.

Copy all the game files and place them in another directory, then mount that second directory as drive A:, just like a floppy.

Impossible to tell you if it will work without trying. It's not a game from AB so 1) I have no idea what that game is or how it works and 2) it might not be salvagable in the first place...

Fubb
18-02-2009, 11:42 PM
its on AB...on the FTP...

Eagle of Fire
19-02-2009, 03:20 AM
I have no knowledge of how to access the FTP of AB, or even where it is... If you send me the file I could look into it.

Geezer
19-02-2009, 04:09 AM
From the manual ...

A: New Map Drive
When you first start Visions of Aftermath we suggest that you create a storage disk for your maps or that you plan to store them on your hard drive. Once you have the New Map Drive option, the status line will read Arrows to Change, Bar to Choose. You have the option of setting the map drive to be any drive A - G just by using your up/down cursor keys. (Just so long as you have the drive you have specified.) From now on, any map you create/load will be placed/taken from the specified drive.

If you have selected a floppy drive for your map drive, you will be prompted to insert a new blank formatted diskette before continuing.

Hope that helps. I have the game but I have never played it.