PDA

View Full Version : The new adventures ( broken sword 3 sleeping dragon)

I_Wanna_Be_A_Pirate
02-05-2004, 01:02 AM
I know this isnt abandonware. but i have a query. I have never played anyother broken sword games apart from the 3rd one that just came out earlier this year, and i was wondering how does it compare to the other 2 in the series?, and also I belive that this " new adventure" is not really true adventure but a genre of its own.

Stroggy
02-05-2004, 06:26 PM
oh don't remind me
broken sword... the very first adventure game I played (and one of the first games I played on my own computer)
I played the first one, 'shadows of the templars'.
I LOVED it.
I still have the CD's but one of the CD's is broken
what I wouldn't do to play it.

broken Sword 3 is based for the most part on broken Sword 1 (the templars and such)
broken sword 1 is truelly excellent.
yous tart of in paris in a cafe
a man in a clownsuit walks in and suddenly runs out... after which the cafe explodes.
you survive and get draged into an adventure leading you across the entire globe (Spain, middle east, ireland)
great, funny, game!

From what I heard the second game was the worst one.
I personally think the third one is almost as good as the first one...
except for the strange controlls and those annoying box-puzzles... and that sneaking part... and the ending was a bit of let down.

The first one had a fun ending... first inside and on the roof of a speeding train. And after that in an ancient temple.

Plus it contained Mt. Fouçon (as the first 2 games did)
the guy there (with the drill) is someone you meet at the very start of the first game where he is digging with a shovel nearby the café.

Bruno is a person you meet a bit later on in the game in a hotel (hotel Ubu I think it was).
I don't remember much about him from the first game but according to the third game he was a member of the Templars (the badguys in the first game).
I think at one point in ireland the girl sais she knows madame Piermont or something.
Now I'm not sure about this one, either its the rich woman you meet in Spain in the first game... or its a rich lady you meet in Hotel Ubu in Paris (she helps you get into a room)

Tom Henrik
02-05-2004, 07:15 PM
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Thank you Stroggy! :D
I have been wondering about that game for ages now, trying to figure out what the game was called!

I played the demo once, before the game was released. I've been trying to find it ever since, but without the name you don't get far. (You try to search the net for "Clown blows up cafe in france" and see what happens). :wink:

This time I have the name!

Stroggy
02-05-2004, 07:21 PM
the US version was called broken Sword: circle of blood , just for information

Tom Henrik
02-05-2004, 11:26 PM
Thanks, yet again.

Stroggy
03-05-2004, 03:21 PM
let me know if you find anything
I couldn't replace the CD because it was already sort of an old game when I bought it.
It still puzzles me, but it was in one of those multi-game packages containing 'Return to zork', 'master of orion 1', 'master of orion 2' and 'Sim City 2000' (network edition) oh and it had 'jagged Alliance' in it aswell (and Broken Sword 1 aswell ofocarse)

LotharGR
03-05-2004, 09:05 PM
A computer games magazine here in Greece gave Broken Sword 1 and 2 some time ago i believe... but i don't think that this helps :P

Stroggy
03-05-2004, 09:20 PM
I envy you so much
I was kinda hoping they would release a special broken Sword edition containing all 3 of the game
but sadly it was not to be

why did that CD have to brake? couldn't it have been some other CD?
I have been able to isntall it and play it again... but it doesn't work at all
there is no music, and the game simply clogs up after a few minutes of playing... so close yet so far.
the worst part is most of the game is on cd 2
and cd 2 is fine
its only the first part that uses cd 1... which is broken

hah
My Broken Sword CD is Broken... how ironic

Tom Henrik
03-05-2004, 09:26 PM
I have found the demo.

Still looking for the full game.

I'll tell you more later.

Tom Henrik
03-05-2004, 11:22 PM
It seems to me that it is almost impossible to find the full Broken Sword 1 game for my pc. :cry:

Fortunately, the same can not be said about the full game for my GameBoy Advance emulator! :D

If you guys want to play this game again, here is the link for an emulator (if you do not have one already).
http://www.gameboy-advance.net/gba_roms/ga...ce_emulator.htm (http://www.gameboy-advance.net/gba_roms/gameboy_advance_emulator.htm)

And here are the links for the game itself...

The German version:
http://www.emustage.de/modules.php?name=Do...0the%20Templars (http://www.emustage.de/modules.php?name=Downloads&d_op=viewdownloaddetails&lid=30&title=Broken%20Sword%20-%20Baphomets%20Fluch%20-%20Shadow%20of%20the%20Templars)

The English version:
http://www.gameboyadvanceland.weblogger.te...and_arquivo. htm (http://www.gameboyadvanceland.weblogger.terra.com.br/200312_gameboyadvanceland_arquivo.htm)

(P.s. The game is number 10 on the top 10 list to the left...)

Have fun!

Stroggy
04-05-2004, 04:59 PM
nope
can't download the english version :(

gaaah
why did i have to brake that CD :(

Tom Henrik
04-05-2004, 06:44 PM
Works fine by me. Maybe you need to change the security on your browser.

(Or, in case you pressed the wrong button... The correct is is the red text named "Aqui" or as it would translate into English "Aquire").

8)

Tom Henrik
04-05-2004, 06:57 PM
Since you were so kind as to (without your knowledge or intention) give me the name of this gem, whom I have been searching for ever since its release date. And because I pity you that broken cd of yours. I will be kind to you, Stroggy.

Here is another link for the English version of the game, that I have dug out from its hiding place on the net. Just type in the name of the game in the search box to the left, and you should come to the download page.

http://www.bestromsites.com/checkpoint/default.asp

Enjoy!

Stroggy
05-05-2004, 12:12 PM
I'm confused
was that supposed to sound hostile... or am i just being paranoid again?

anyway... thanks... I guess :?

well I downloaded it
but its not the same without the voices and the full movies.
the game was like an adventure movie at times... now its an adventureslideshow... perhaps i'll try and install it again
but I doubt the CD will work... its quite broken
but it can't hurt to try

Tom Henrik
05-05-2004, 12:28 PM
I am sorry if I seemed hostile. That was not the intention.... the intention I had in mind were more towards sarcasm... :wink:
(How can anyone with such a happy avatar, as I have, come across as hostile?)

It seems sarcasm works best when it is used verbally, and not written. :P

Stroggy
05-05-2004, 12:39 PM
indeed it does
the last time I used sarcasm online... well not many people got the point.

Tom Henrik
05-05-2004, 12:45 PM
Here is another little thing you might like.

The master of the net (ME, in case you wondered) have begun to download the PC game....
Both the English and the American version (Just in case one of them is playable, and the other is not).

Maybe you'll see the game on this site in the future.
I just have to pack it, and upload it to Kosta if he want Broken Sword I on the game sit.

Stroggy
05-05-2004, 04:05 PM
I'm afraid it isn't abandonware yet
I posted a question on the official broken sword forum if I could get a replacement CD... but they said the game is too old.
well isn't that just... too bad :(