PDA

View Full Version : Sound Or Music

Scotty303
21-12-2004, 03:17 PM
Hey,

I downloaded the file for Kings Quest 5 on my computer and it seems to work ok, other than the fact that there is no sound or music in the game! I dont know if I installed it correctly either. How can I access sound and music for the game?

Secondly, how can you see what kind of sound card you are currently using?

Thanks,

Scott

Eagle of Fire
21-12-2004, 10:02 PM
Here is what you need to do:

Run install.exe either with VDMSound or DOSBox so it can auto-detect your sound card.

First thing you need to do is to select your sound card. Select Sound Blaster and continue.

Unless you have a joystick and wish to see if it works with the game, select no joystick.

Then Select IBM-compatible keyboard. You'll have to do this twice since an error message will appear. This is not a problem, but a mere notice. I recommend you read it tough. ;)

Enter Y.

Hit ESC because you don't need to install the game.

You are done!

To play the game, only start KQ5.bat with either VDMSound or DOSBox. I tryied VDMSound and it worked flawlessly.

Have fun!

Scotty303
23-12-2004, 10:43 PM
I installed VDM sound and booted it up. How would I run install.exe with VDMSound? I selected sound blaster for the music and speech but I get neither when I load up the game.

Rogue
23-12-2004, 10:53 PM
When you right click with your mouse on Install.exe you'll have an option to select 'Run with VDMSound'.