PDA

View Full Version : Comment And Suggestion

Jupiter
21-12-2004, 01:42 PM
First, the suggestion (to finish off with the most possitive note!):

Have you guys ever considered a list of non-abondonware games? How about even a master list, one perhaps that lists all known DOS games stating one of the following: a ) Abandoned, b ) Still Sold, c ) Needed (allerting others that Abondonia still needs to aquire said game). Each one could have a link onto the site if you wanted to take it to the next step, allowing people to aquire those games you do have downloads or info on. It would make Abondonia much more of a one-stop shop as well as provide some of us newbies on the scene with a list of games that, no matter how much we want them (*cough* Monkey Island, Full Throttle, WC: Privateer *cough*) that unless we shell out a few bucks, we won't get them.

Now for the positive! The method by which you guys use your news to promote games that many of us have never played is great! Even more so, are the great summaries and write-ups on the games. They tend to put them all in a possitive light and yet remain reasonably objective about them, warning people off of games that they probably wouldn't like by telling them what they need to know and link to games that ARE ACTUALLY SIMILAR to the game being reviewed! Its nice and refreshing! Thanks guys! I've now had a chance to enjoy a few games that I either didn't know about or never got a chance to play! From one gamer to others, thanks! =)

Jupiter

Tom Henrik
21-12-2004, 02:11 PM
Thanks for the great comment! :D

I could make a list, no problem.

But...
That would require that I take a vacation from the site, in order to place my full attention on the list.

Decision is up to Kosta.

wormpaul
21-12-2004, 03:16 PM
Then other Admins should Take TOM place for the moment...

We have Wendy Already and maybe Titan can do some more on main site..(or other admins...) :whistle:

Fawfulhasfury
21-12-2004, 03:20 PM
I would be happy to take Toms place while he makes his little list thing. :whistle:

wormpaul
21-12-2004, 03:24 PM
:bleh: :bleh: :bleh:

We already got enough admins :ok:

Yamcha
21-12-2004, 03:38 PM
:bye: I can help you with the list Tom - im sick and im in vacances so im free

Havell
21-12-2004, 03:41 PM
I don't know about this, it's all a bit underdoggy for my liking :unsure:

Tom Henrik
21-12-2004, 03:41 PM
Well, Kosta said no.

There are enough reliable lists out there.

Caged
21-12-2004, 05:52 PM
sounds like good idea, but wouldn't the list max out abandonias already stretched bandwidth?

FreeFreddy
21-12-2004, 05:54 PM
Originally posted by Caged+Dec 21 2004, 07:52 PM****</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Caged @ Dec 21 2004, 07:52 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>sounds like good idea, but wouldn't the list max out abandonias already stretched bandwidth?[/b]
******QuoteBegin-Tom Henrik@Dec 21 2004, 05:41 PM
Well, Kosta said no.

There are enough reliable lists out there.[/quote]
No point to discuss it further. :)

Kosta
21-12-2004, 06:04 PM
We can create a list of non-abandonware games I guess, I would just omit the "needed" section from there :)

hanging
21-12-2004, 10:01 PM
go to TOUL they have probably the best one.. :D

Kosta
21-12-2004, 10:08 PM
No doubt about it ;)