PDA

View Full Version : suggestion for iso virtual drive

Juanca
14-10-2008, 02:26 AM
Today i am looking for a good software that can mount iso images on virtual drives. as always i am looking for the good freeware ones.
Thanks for your suggestions.

The Fifth Horseman
14-10-2008, 06:41 AM
Virtual CloneDrive. Supports ISO, IMG/CUE and BIN/CUE.

AlumiuN
14-10-2008, 08:13 AM
I use PowerISO, mostly because I haven't downloaded anything else. :whistling:

Juanca
14-10-2008, 04:00 PM
Virtual CloneDrive. Supports ISO, IMG/CUE and BIN/CUE.

Thanks a lot. i like very much this company. they make very good software. Never thought it was freeware.
Definitely the best choice.:thumbs:

sfiebig
14-10-2008, 04:38 PM
It's weird no one mentioned Daemon Tools :-O
I know it's proprietary software but free for private, so I would call it freeware ;-)

Juanca
15-10-2008, 02:25 AM
It's weird no one mentioned Daemon Tools :-O
I know it's proprietary software but free for private, so I would call it freeware ;-)

Yes you are right
it is even explained here at abandonia (http://www.abandonia.com/en/node/23027)

voitan
02-04-2009, 09:35 PM
Thanks a lot. i like very much this company. they make very good software. Never thought it was freeware.
Definitely the best choice.:thumbs:

I agree, specially daemon tools lite :rocks:

B-Wolf
21-11-2009, 08:34 PM
Here are some free CD drive emulators and some of their features.

CloneDrive can mount .ccd, .cue/bin, iso, and several other common cd image file formats. CloneDrive can create over 15 virtual CD drives and is also good for games protected by older versions of Safedisc.

Alcohol 52% FE can mount .ccd, .cue/bin, iso, mds/mdf and several other CD image formats (Wish I could list them all, but can’t remember all of them at the moment.). One useful feature about Alcohol 52% FE is that you can not only mount CD image files, but you can create them as well. It can create up to 6 virtual CD drives, and can emulate most copy protections.

Daemon Tools Lite is one of the best, free, virtual CD drive programs in existence. It supports exactly every CD image format Alcohol 52% FE supports. It can also create CD image file like Alcohol 52% FE, but doesn’t have as many options. It can create up to 4 Virtual CD drives and with a side program like YASU, it can emulate virtually all copy protections.

I personally use Alcohol 52% FE to create image files and Daemon Tools Lite to mount them. You have to be careful when installing them, as both programs contain adware. It you pay attention to the instillation process though, you can deselect the option to install the adware