PDA

View Full Version : Apache Longbow and Hind

tomf
02-10-2008, 02:13 PM
I was just at a friend's house and they were getting rid of some old computer stuff and I saw the twin pack of Apache Longbow and Hind, they said I could have it :D I know have a piece of flight sim history, except, anyone know how to run them in XP? By the way I can scan up the manuals if they are wanted

Japo
02-10-2008, 04:45 PM
Hind at least runs in XP 32 bits, but you need to enable Win95 compatibility.

Also after exiting the program my display gets stuck at 640x480x256, the longer the game's been the longer it stays. However you shouldn't do anything but waiting for it to eventually come to its senses again. (Then again the problem may not happen to you.)

Not sure if this should go in "Abandonia games discussion"...

tomf
02-10-2008, 05:56 PM
Hind at least runs in XP 32 bits, but you need to enable Win95 compatibility.

Also after exiting the program my display gets stuck at 640x480x256, the longer the game's been the longer it stays. However you shouldn't do anything but waiting for it to eventually come to its senses again. (Then again the problem may not happen to you.)

Not sure if this should go in "Abandonia games discussion"...
hehe wrong forum, I had two windows up, Could an admin please move this to the right place? I tried running Hind but the keys didn't work properly, I'll try again I guess

_r.u.s.s.
02-10-2008, 09:09 PM
huh why? you are having trouble running hind and apache longbow, what's wrong with it being in troubleshooting

by the way yeah! the boxes would be appretiated

Japo
02-10-2008, 11:04 PM
huh why? you are having trouble running hind and apache longbow, what's wrong with it being in troubleshooting

When he said that, this was in fav old & new, some mod moved it.

Hint: scans earn pieces of eight, yarr! :thumbs:

tomf
03-10-2008, 06:08 AM
Ok at the risk of sounding silly, how would I go about submiting them?

The Fifth Horseman
03-10-2008, 09:19 AM
You know how to use a FTP client?

tomf
03-10-2008, 10:57 AM
Yep I use coreftp