PDA

View Full Version : AMAZON:GUARDIANS OF EDEN Patch Install - Help!!

derony
28-04-2008, 08:57 PM
How do you install the patch for this game? I've tried a bunch of things, but I can't get past the freaking raft i the plane!!

The Fifth Horseman
28-04-2008, 10:36 PM
Perhaps you could give us a proper problem description to begin with!

derony
29-04-2008, 03:46 PM
Okay...thought I did. Anyway, I downloaded the .exe patch and replaced the original .exe with this one. Did not work. Not sure what else to do with the .exe patch to get it to work. Clear enough?

The Fifth Horseman
29-04-2008, 04:25 PM
Okay...thought I did. Anyway, I downloaded the .exe patch and replaced the original .exe with this one. Did not work. Not sure what else to do with the .exe patch to get it to work. Clear enough?
Still leaves out several important things.
First, did you download the game from Abandonia or from HOTU?
Second, what operating system are you trying to run it on? Are your trying to run it in DOSBox? If so, a copy of your config file please, and a list of commands you entered after starting the emulator - with exact syntax used.
Third, "did not work" is a very broad description. How exactly did you come to the conclusion the patch doesn't work?
Fourth, did you just load a savegame made in the bugged area or did you restart the game and replay it from the beginning?

Finally, the EXE patch is offered by HOTU. Abandonia has another means of getting past the bugged part of the game - a savegame just past that point. You might consider checking that one out.

derony
30-04-2008, 11:52 PM
Do I rename the aaapatch.GAM to get it to work? Forgive me for forgetting my DOS based game skills with these types of files :confused:

Sebatianos
01-05-2008, 12:55 AM
As the fifth asked you before - are you using the Abandonia's game archive?

The thing is, thaat Abandonia's archive doesn't even have problems with the raft and you don't need the patch, so just delete the game and try with out archive (download it again). Do not install, just download and run it through DOSBox. If you still can't get past the raft let us know then (or check the walkthrough first, if there's maybe something in the game itself you've missed and can't solve the puzzle).

The Fifth Horseman
01-05-2008, 11:58 AM
Do I rename the aaapatch.GAM to get it to work?
Nope.
Put it in the game directory, run the game and load this savegame file. That's all.

derony
01-05-2008, 10:19 PM
Lol, this is taking more time than I should be spending to play this thing. Anyway, I downloaded it from Abandonia, not HOTU. I am NOT running DOSBox and I did load the aaapatch.gam file in the game and played it from there (bear eating the garbage) and got to the damn raft again. Guess what...still can't pick the thing up.