PDA

View Full Version : Interactive Girls won't play

benoite
28-04-2008, 05:15 AM
I'm new to using DosBox but was able to get the Knights of Xentar game to play using Dosbox. The game/sound played too fast but I believe I can correct that with a cycle count adjustment right? I used the 10,000 count suggested in the help guide.

Now for Interactive Girls. I'm using WinXp and have set up a folder called dos on my d drive. Within the dos drive, I have the Interactive Girls folder called "in". I've extracted from the zip file and don't have a setup file. The files extensions I'm left with are: pg2, slb, and one exe file. I opened up Dosbox and created the d:\dos with the "mount c d:\dos". Then changed to the c prompt. Then changed the c directory to in "cd \in". When I type the exe file name "IGC", I get a brief dos box screen flash. Then the dosbox screen is blank with only the c:\in> prompt. Have I missed a step or is this a settings issue? I tried two different versions of the game and got the same result each time. I checked the dosbox site and it said the game was compatible with dosbox.

I would appreciate any assistance.

The Fifth Horseman
28-04-2008, 01:08 PM
Which of the two games are you trying to run, exactly?

The Fifth Horseman
28-04-2008, 08:05 PM
Found the cause. These games don't like EMS.

So, you can disable EMS in dosbox.conf... or do something easier: use the attached batchfile to enable or disable EMS, XMS and UMB from within DOSBox.

benoite
28-04-2008, 09:44 PM
Thanks for the replies. I'm trying to get Interactive Girl to play. I used your memory file and changed all the options to disabled but the game still will not load. I also tried various combinations of enable\disable but received the same results. Is there something else I can try?

The Fifth Horseman
28-04-2008, 10:40 PM
I used your memory file and changed all the options to disabled but the game still will not load.
Forget it, I misread your problem description.
I'm trying to get Interactive Girl to play
I know of two games using that series title. Type in DIR /p and tell me what filenames it returns.

benoite
28-04-2008, 10:59 PM
There are several games in the file but I'm trying to play the Vida game. I extracted all the files from the Vida folder and was left with the pg2, slb, and the one exe file. I typed the name of the exe file "igc" but the game didn't load.

I typed in the dir /p as you instructed. I have set dosbox to point to my files so it is showing my dos games as follows: in, int, kn, nc, nort, and memory. The in & int are two different versions of interactive girl Vida files I tried in case I had a bad version of the game. The nc & nort are norton commander files. The memory is your memory file.

Eagle of Fire
29-04-2008, 03:28 AM
I'd try using VDMSound first to see if it works before fiddling with countless options in DOSBox.

Especialy since it's probably not a "game" you'll play very often...

The Fifth Horseman
29-04-2008, 07:01 AM
There are several games in the file but I'm trying to play the Vida game. I typed the name of the exe file "igc" but the game didn't load.
Ah, yes. Use igc vid to run it.

benoite
30-04-2008, 06:39 AM
Thanks for the reply Eagle Of Fire. I did install VDM sound and did a right click on the exe file to choose run with VDMS. I'm left with a blank screen that reads across the top "Inactive VDMS Launchpad - IGC.EXE". The game still did not load. Would you have any further suggestions?

Thanks again for your reply Fifth Horseman. If I understand your post correctly, you are saying to run the icg.exe file under the Vida folder. This is what I have tried and the game won't load.

I went to the Dosbox site and it lists Interactive Girls as a game that works with the .61 version of Dosbox. I tried the .61 version but had the same problem.

Following is some info from the game file in case it helps:
1. Expanded memory must be enabled.
Your config.sys should enable expanded memory support. eg:
DEVICE=C:\DOS\HIMEM.SYS
DEVICE=C:\DOS\EMM386.EXE
2. The conventional memory area of your machine should be as
free as possible. Use the MEM command to inspect your
machine's memory usage. If there is much less than 550K of
free conventional memory, then you will have problems running
the program. I have 634kb conventional memory. 63K free upper
memory. 15280kb free extended & expanded memory.
3. Ensure that your machine has the capability to support the VGA
320x200 256 color graphics mode. I used compatability mode on the
exe file to choose run in 256 colors but the game still wouldn't load.

Can you think of something that could be causing the game to not run? I appreciate any assistance.

dosraider
30-04-2008, 10:37 AM
I found a game with the same name on another AW site, looks as the one you try to get running.
This is what I get after unzipping :
http://img291.imageshack.us/img291/4294/intex9.th.png (http://img291.imageshack.us/my.php?image=intex9.png)

You must run the game you want (VIDA?) from the main directory (in my case c:\int with vida, not from the subfolders.

If you start the game with start you get a multiple choice menu with all kinds of subgames.

Echo Interactive Girls Menu
echo. -------------------------
echo.
echo Press 1 Vida
echo 2 Teresa house guest
echo 3 Jo Guest Milkrun
echo 4 Jo Guest Shaves
echo 5 Erotic byte
echo 6 Foreplay
echo 7 Camera Man
echo 8 to Quit

Titles say enough ......

Dosbox version:0.72, fresh installed, nothing changed in dosbox conf.

BTW, if you're older than 14 years you probably will ditch this whole thing after playing 30 seconds.

The Fifth Horseman
30-04-2008, 12:05 PM
If I understand your post correctly, you are saying to run the icg.exe file under the Vida folder. This is what I have tried and the game won't load.
Nope, you've got it wrong.
The main executable must be run with parameter vid in order to run the game. It will not produce any results otherwise.
igc vid is the command you must input in the game directory in order for it to run.

benoite
01-05-2008, 01:14 AM
I found a game with the same name on another AW site, looks as the one you try to get running.
This is what I get after unzipping :
http://img291.imageshack.us/img291/4294/intex9.th.png (http://img291.imageshack.us/my.php?image=intex9.png)

You must run the game you want (VIDA?) from the main directory (in my case c:\int with vida, not from the subfolders.

If you start the game with start you get a multiple choice menu with all kinds of subgames.

Echo Interactive Girls Menu
echo. -------------------------
echo.
echo Press 1 Vida
echo 2 Teresa house guest
echo 3 Jo Guest Milkrun
echo 4 Jo Guest Shaves
echo 5 Erotic byte
echo 6 Foreplay
echo 7 Camera Man
echo 8 to Quit

Titles say enough ......

Dosbox version:0.72, fresh installed, nothing changed in dosbox conf.

BTW, if you're older than 14 years you probably will ditch this whole thing after playing 30 seconds.

Thanks for all your efforts. I'm use to using exe files so I ignored the 1k bat file. When I use start, I get the same display as you have but when I use my keyboard it will not recognize 1-7, but only 8,9, and 0. The game will play if I use the various bat files though.

Thanks again The Fifth Horseman for all your help. Glad to have so many people to learn from and I promise to ask fewer stupid questions as I go.

The Fifth Horseman
01-05-2008, 12:21 PM
Here, grab this modified version of START.BAT .
It uses letters of alphabet instead of numbers, and has all the other batchfiles integrated (along with a fix for Teresa's "out of memory" error).

when I use my keyboard it will not recognize 1-7, but only 8,9, and 0
Non-english keyboard layout, I presume?

Kugerfang
01-05-2008, 01:35 PM
I think the topic title is appropriate for the game. http://www.squakenet.com/computer_games/download.asp?game=1167&title=Interactive-Girls

TrekkiELO
17-04-2010, 07:59 AM
(along with a fix for Teresa's "out of memory" error).

I still get this message even after downloading your file here, then I'd modified TERESA.BAT accordingly, so what are the exact steps that need to be taken so it finally goes away, otherwise everything else for Interactive Girls works just fine under my DosBox Version 0.65!

:wall:

Can you please help me?

Thanks in advance,

Rick
[BEEEP]@aol.com

The Fifth Horseman
17-04-2010, 08:08 AM
This thread was dead and buried two years ago.
*hits zombie thread with a shovel*