PDA

View Full Version : Sim City 2000 configuration

RettMikhal
21-04-2008, 01:34 PM
I'm playing through Sim City 2000 again, but I can't for the life of me remember how to change the Mayor's name. I remember it goes by the registration (This is a registered copy belonging to ____ of _____) but I forget how to change that. I'm running it in Dos Box and the install always remembers the first name I gave it, way back when I picked some stupid name. I tried changing SC2000.dat but then it registered an error saying something was wrong with user.dat. I can't find that file anywhere, even with windows search, but the text "user.dat" is in the data file alongside all the other gibberish. I made a backup of SC2000.dat before I tried and undid my flagrant error. All I did was search for the name currently in there and changed it to what I want it to be, but no luck.

I've tried reinstalling it several times, but the damn thing is hellbent on remembering the old name. I don't have the CD anymore I'm going purely on what's saved on my HD.

I can post the contents of the .dat file, but it's pretty lengthy and difficult to read.

The Fifth Horseman
21-04-2008, 02:24 PM
IIRC, you could change it in the game setup.