PDA

View Full Version : GT97: help please

Office_Monk
30-01-2008, 07:34 PM
OK, I installed and configured the game. Everything is fine until I want to play: then it keeps saying I should put in the CD.

Now, the image is mounted in daemon. The virtual cd is mounted as image in dosbox... I already tried mounting as cd-rom, assigning different drive-letters: all to the same result "please insert cd".

:wondering::weird::unsure::cry:

Luchsen
30-01-2008, 07:43 PM
Did you try to mount the virtual drive as D: (or E:)?

Office_Monk
31-01-2008, 08:17 AM
Did you try to mount the virtual drive as D: (or E:)?

Yeah, I tried that (both as image and CD-ROM).

Mighty Midget
31-01-2008, 08:25 AM
Quick test: In the DOS prompt, try access the cd. If you can't then the mounting is botched up, if you can, then we can at least rule out that.

Office_Monk
31-01-2008, 08:50 AM
Quick test: In the DOS prompt, try access the cd. If you can't then the mounting is botched up, if you can, then we can at least rule out that.

I can access the cd (currently mounted as h:\)

Mighty Midget
31-01-2008, 09:58 AM
Woops, yeah, I'd have guessed if I read your first post properly. :rolleyes:

The Fifth Horseman
31-01-2008, 11:04 AM
Use IMGMOUNT to mount the ISO. Remember to use the -t iso parameter.

Mounting external virtual drives is not recommended.

Office_Monk
31-01-2008, 03:54 PM
Use IMGMOUNT to mount the ISO. Remember to use the -t iso parameter.

OK, I unmounted the image from daemon and added following line to the autoexec in d-fend:
imgmount T F:\ISOZ\GT97\GT97.bin -t iso

Still it keeps asking for the cd :(

Tried to run it in vdmsound (image mounted in daemon): same problem...

Tried the whole thing in dosbox (gawd I hate to type that much): still asks for cd...

The Fifth Horseman
31-01-2008, 03:59 PM
Try re-installing the game under DOSBox.

Office_Monk
31-01-2008, 04:29 PM
Still nothing... installing took like forever.

Result when playing: please insert cdrom :mad:

Tried again after installing the latest dosbox (installing went a lot faster), still asks for cd :(

Luchsen
31-01-2008, 04:57 PM

But gives me a higher compatibility.

I'll download the game and examine the CD access issue.

dosraider
31-01-2008, 05:00 PM
Time to start over, delete your game's GT97 folder and do a fresh start.
This time mount your cd as D.
imgmount D F:\ISOZ\GT97\GT97.bin -t iso
Do a fresh install.

I'm not sure about GT97, but some games will only accept D as CD drive. And as what you did t'll now didn't work, you lose nothing.

The Fifth Horseman
31-01-2008, 05:19 PM
But gives me a higher compatibility.
Could you tell me what game required that? This info may be useful.

Office_Monk
31-01-2008, 05:48 PM
Time to start over, delete your game's GT97 folder and do a fresh start.
This time mount your cd as D.
imgmount D F:\ISOZ\GT97\GT97.bin -t iso
Do a fresh install.

I'm not sure about GT97, but some games will only accept D as CD drive. And as what you did t'll now didn't work, you lose nothing.

Well, I could've predicted the result, but since you're a fellow belgian I tried your tip.

Still nada!

The Coop
31-01-2008, 06:05 PM
Have you considered making a thread over on the official DOSBox forums? It may be needed to fix this, since the game you're having trouble with is listed as being completely compatible. Chances are, it's a simple fix that's been overlooked up to this point.

As for me, my CD-Rom drive has always been mounted as F, and I've never had a problem outside of the Plutonium Pak for Duke Nukem 3D, which I believe can be blamed on the manufactured CD. But, just for the sake of trying, give these a whirl...

- Change your "memsize" variable. Try 8, 16, 24 and 32, and see what happens.
- Turn your GUS variable to "false". Having this enabled seems to cause odd inccompatabilities with some games (like Quake).
- Add these lines to the bottom of your autoexec section in the config file...

loadfix -16
mount f e:\ -t cdrom

... but change the "e" to whatever your actual drive's letter is (make sure that's the only CDRom drive mounted). You can also try 32 and 64 for the loadfix line.
- Try changing the core type (the auto detect might be messing up), and output (opengl works great for me).

Anyway, if you haven't already, try them, and consider making an thread over on the DOSBox site. You can usually get a reply pretty quickly.

Office_Monk
31-01-2008, 06:10 PM
The Coop: running from an image, not an actual cd.

The Coop
31-01-2008, 06:40 PM
I know, but didn't you also say you used Daemon Tools, which is a virtual CD/DVD drive program? If you were to try out what I wrote, you'd mount it like...

mount f *drive letter of Daemon Tools, sans the asterisks*:\ -t cdrom

For me, it would be...

mount f k:\ -t cdrom

Anyway, it was just a suggestion. Mounting a CDRom drive as "f" has never given me a problem. "e" has, "d" has, and "g" has, but not "f". I doubt it would make a difference, but it was still something to try out if you hadn't.

Office_Monk
31-01-2008, 06:46 PM
I already tried: d, e, f, h, i, k and t

The Coop
31-01-2008, 07:00 PM
Then I'd suggest going here (http://vogons.zetafleet.com/viewforum.php?f=33), and making a thread detailing your problem, and what you've tried thus far. Getting additional help from the folks there can only be a good thing.

dosraider
31-01-2008, 08:06 PM
Ok, best I can do:
I have the original game on CD, so I won't down a useless (for me that is ...) BIN/CUE file.
That's what you do: Install the game, using the image file, FULL install, copy this file: GT.exe (380 KB) (http://b.imagehost.org/download/0038/GT.exe) in your games folder, simply run the game with GT, works for me, doesn't need the BIN/CUE anymore to play it.
Hopefully it will work with the AB image file.
http://aycu03.webshots.com/image/43282/2004092353291276470_th.jpg (http://allyoucanupload.webshots.com/v/2004092353291276470)

*Djees, I must be bored to death to do such things at my age ......

_r.u.s.s.
01-02-2008, 06:19 AM
heh http://m0005.gamecopyworld.com/games/pc_golden_tee_golf.shtml

edit: oh nevermind, didn't click the second page with dosraider's crack

Office_Monk
01-02-2008, 07:57 AM
heh http://m0005.gamecopyworld.com/games/pc_golden_tee_golf.shtml

edit: oh nevermind, didn't click the second page with dosraider's crack

LOL! Golden Tee Golf ain't GT97 (a racing game). I had checked gamecopyworld for a nocd; didn't find one.

Dosraider: I have no choice in installing... but will try your nocd.

edit: the nocd works!!! Thanks! Cool game. (Well, I'm a Ferrari lover and there's three of them in the game ;))

_r.u.s.s.
01-02-2008, 08:27 AM
yeah, i wasn't quite sure what do you mean by gt97 and google told me it's golf=P

Office_Monk
01-02-2008, 08:48 AM
yeah, i wasn't quite sure what do you mean by gt97 and google told me it's golf=P

GT97: game (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/showthread.php?goto=newpost&t=16498) in the ISO cellar. No google needed as the game in the ISO cellar refers to mobygames for info.

dosraider
01-02-2008, 10:31 AM
edit: the nocd works!!! Thanks!
You're welcome, BTW : that will be 3 or 4 Duvels if I ever get in Peer.

@_r.u.s.s. : LMAO, really.

Office_Monk
01-02-2008, 10:59 AM
You're welcome, BTW : that will be 3 or 4 Duvels if I ever get in Peer.

@_r.u.s.s. : LMAO, really.

You're on, 4 Duvels in 2 hours :)