PDA

View Full Version : PC Vs MAC

Ioncannon
08-12-2004, 03:12 PM
Which do you think is better. To me I think the mac is superiora due to its speed and design. The downside is they are far too expensive and due to Micro$oft they arn't as populer with software. The upside is being the 5% of pc population, all virus go to Windows hehehe :bleh: Also the G5 has a duel proc configuration. That and Mac OS X LOOKS AWSOME. Fuckin Bill Gates is so un-original he copied everything from os X and put it into Longhorn. Also please when answering to a pole,l put a description why.

The Niles
08-12-2004, 03:31 PM
PC. If you don't like windows on the PC just use linux. PC is better hardwarewise and it has the better programs as well as a bigger opensource community.

Yamcha
08-12-2004, 05:14 PM
hmm Pc is the most used but the great enterprises use MACs so I cant give a vote cuz I never use a MAC

TaloN
08-12-2004, 05:16 PM
i use linux.

Unknown Hero
08-12-2004, 07:06 PM
Originally posted by The Picard@Dec 8 2004, 05:31 PM
PC. If you don't like windows on the PC just use linux. PC is better hardwarewise and it has the better programs as well as a bigger opensource community.
In PC Magazine once used to be two pages "Why is Machintosh better?", and I think it really is better. My friend has Machintosh, and his system never crashed, his computer is faster, etc. Only down side of Mac is lack of games :not_ok:

Yamcha
08-12-2004, 07:30 PM
Originally posted by Unknown Hero+Dec 8 2004, 10:06 PM****</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Unknown Hero @ Dec 8 2004, 10:06 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> ******QuoteBegin-The Picard@Dec 8 2004, 05:31 PM
In PC Magazine once used to be two pages "Why is Machintosh better?", and I think it really is better. My friend has Machintosh, and his system never crashed, his computer is faster, etc. Only down side of Mac is lack of games :not_ok: [/b][/quote]
Be sure that ppl with MAC don't use it for games :bye:

The Niles
08-12-2004, 08:19 PM
Originally posted by Unknown Hero@Dec 8 2004, 08:06 PM
In PC Magazine once used to be two pages "Why is Machintosh better?", and I think it really is better. My friend has Machintosh, and his system never crashed, his computer is faster, etc. Only down side of Mac is lack of games :not_ok:
Apple is not the better computer in the sense of speed. The PC has the edge in raw computing power. Apple has been better in unfriendliness for year and it has held some advantages in graphics design for much of it's life. But on those two fronts the Apples are loosing ground and many graphic design bureaus have recently converted to windows and thus PC's. Apple is a niche player on the computer market and it always will be. They are functional but only for those who adamantly do not want a PC.

Rogue
09-12-2004, 02:37 AM
I ahd to use Apple for one of mine classes (graphic design) and hated it. :Titan:

wormpaul
09-12-2004, 07:47 AM
Pc for me..

Never had an other computer :ok:

Sebatianos
09-12-2004, 12:10 PM
I only use C64...

But seriously - you really want a computer where you can't right click???

N17R0
09-12-2004, 12:54 PM
See, you all haven't chosen the ultimate setup. Me and my friends have managed to set up a pc which dual boots into either XP or OSX. We know of no such things as compatability issues. :D

aaberg
09-12-2004, 02:54 PM
Voted PC.

I can't find one single reason for me to choose a mac. I can find many reasons not to choose a mac.

:apple:

Unknown Hero
09-12-2004, 08:07 PM
Originally posted by N17R0@Dec 9 2004, 02:54 PM
See, you all haven't chosen the ultimate setup. Me and my friends have managed to set up a pc which dual boots into either XP or OSX. We know of no such things as compatability issues. :D
And what is your configuration (hardware)?

JJXB
09-12-2004, 09:46 PM
i prefer pc as im a gamer and this (http://www.ctrlaltdel-online.com/?t=archives&date=2004-07-03) explains a lot

Ioncannon
09-12-2004, 11:48 PM
Originally posted by N17R0@Dec 9 2004, 01:54 PM
how is this possible? OS X runs off a diff architecture then the PC does. YOU LIE!!!! Unless you are using Pear PC with windows or MS Virtual Machine with Mac though thoes emulators do not duel boot.

Caged
10-12-2004, 01:25 AM
PC wins in my books. More games, more programs, more fun. Macs serve their purpose, but other than a few specific purposes, they aren't truely useful to the avergae computer user.

Rogue
10-12-2004, 01:39 AM
Originally posted by JJXB@Dec 9 2004, 05:46 PM
i prefer pc as im a gamer and this (http://www.ctrlaltdel-online.com/?t=archives&date=2004-07-03) explains a lot
Good one! :ok: :D

I would like to get an old mac, just to play with it.

bohor
10-12-2004, 01:12 PM
hehe interesting site...
my vote goes to pc, it maybe isnt that fast or prety as mac, but sure is a lot cheaper..

FreeFreddy
10-12-2004, 01:20 PM
I used only PC so far. Always was interested how the mac is and what hardware there is and all, but never used or had one...
So for me, it's a PC. ;)

punch999
16-12-2004, 10:05 PM
THE pc iz 1337

FreeFreddy
17-12-2004, 02:09 PM
But 1337 isn't the PC... ;)

Omuletzu
17-12-2004, 02:16 PM
Never used a MAC.I don't think 1% of the computers here in Romania are macs... so i never even seen one.
But i have heard that it isn't built for games, and games are scarce for this system.So i'll stick to the PC with the good old bugy Windows :D

bohor
17-12-2004, 03:34 PM
Never saw a MAC?!! :blink: OMG

Here are some pictures.....

http://a248.e.akamai.net/7/248/2041/679/store.apple.com/Catalog/US/Images/cp_hw_powermac_041019.gif

http://a248.e.akamai.net/7/248/2041/679/store.apple.com/Catalog/US/Images/cp_emac.gif

Omuletzu
18-12-2004, 08:52 AM
I saw macs, but never outside of a TV screen!

Strobe
18-12-2004, 10:02 AM
PC is top notch!!! very flexible in hardware and software, and lots of people available to
share software with :whistle:

but the mac seems to be more immune to viruses, though....
but who cares?

PC was, is and will ever be my Personal Champion (that's where the shortcut PC
is derived from anyway, isn't it? :ok: )

Stroggy
18-12-2004, 10:59 AM
Mac-users always claim its the best computer for graphic designing... tests have however proved that the PC renders faster than mac.

Strobe
18-12-2004, 11:26 AM
during my studies at the media academy we mostly used macs for
graphic-design stuff... but i think, pcs work as good as macs in such tasks,
if not even better, imo!

@stroggy:
yes, you're right, that's why we only used pcs in our 3d-modelling courses..

QBiN
25-12-2004, 07:55 PM
I've always been a PC user, but I completely respect MAC's... not only for the niche role they play today, but for their historical significance as well.

Most PC/Windows users either don't know or won't admit that many of the well-recognized and most widely used advances in the Windows GUI/OS were written because Microsoft couldn't stand being constantly one-up'ed by Apple. (e.g. built-in networking, vector-based fonts, object-oriented desktop, cooperative multitasking, WYSIWYG printing, standard API's [QuickDraw, et al], etc.)

I still wouldn't mind have a sweet G5 w/ OSX on it. It's like a Linux box on crack.
All that said, I'll still never give up my PC.

Yamcha
25-12-2004, 08:46 PM
Originally posted by Anubis+Dec 10 2004, 04:39 AM****</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Anubis @ Dec 10 2004, 04:39 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> ******QuoteBegin-JJXB@Dec 9 2004, 05:46 PM

I would like to get an old mac, just to play with it. [/b][/quote]
read all the comics on that site :roflol: :roflol: :roflol: :roflol:

Petter1979
26-12-2004, 11:59 PM
PC for me, since most computergames are made for this platform.

Ohh and i have tried a mac back in like 92 to 94, our schoolteacher made us use mac from time to time to learn dutch, with a program called "Am Kiosk" bleh such waste of time, never did learn dutch :whistle: :blink:

JJXB
27-12-2004, 01:15 AM
Originally posted by yamcha565656+Dec 25 2004, 09:46 PM****</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (yamcha565656 @ Dec 25 2004, 09:46 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Originally posted by Anubis@Dec 10 2004, 04:39 AM
******QuoteBegin-JJXB@Dec 9 2004, 05:46 PM

I would like to get an old mac, just to play with it.
read all the comics on that site :roflol: :roflol: :roflol: :roflol: [/b][/quote]
heh, im a regular reader there and at applegeeks, vgcats and penny arcade (they are funny as well :P)

Maikel
27-12-2004, 07:23 AM
I don't really care about both of the systems. As long as they get my job done. And PC does that the best.

An interesting note is that I'm currently doing an internship at one of the larger dutch design agencies and there are 75% more PC's then Mac's. A lot of mac users here tend to switch also.

Industrial design and digital design department (digital = web/ cd-rom productions etc.) are all pc. Only some of the graphic department use mac's here.

twisted-mystic
29-12-2004, 06:15 PM
Have to go with the PC :ok:

There are the obvious gaming benefits, but at the same time, Most of your open source is supported on the PC. Price and Ease of maintenance are big draws too. I've never done any maint.. on a Mac but by what I hear, it can be a pain.

The price is so dang good because everyone makes parts for a PC. As far as stability goes, Linux has IMO the same stability as Mac, but with far more support.

And honestly does it make a difference that MS copied allot of their ideas from Apple? And if it does, I don't hear anyone complaining about Apple getting the idea for their GUI from Xerox. :bleh:

HighProtein
30-12-2004, 10:49 PM
PC

We have 50 button mice :Titan:

QBiN
03-01-2005, 03:38 AM
Originally posted by twisted-mystic@Dec 29 2004, 07:15 PM
And honestly does it make a difference that MS copied allot of their ideas from Apple? And if it does, I don't hear anyone complaining about Apple getting the idea for their GUI from Xerox.
In the long run, No. It's doesn't make a difference. Just some people (especially old Apple guys) tend to get emotional about the whole thing.

But to set the record straight, if we are being objective, Apple's negotiations with Xerox to share technology is far from the johnny-come-lately copying that Microsoft did. There's plenty of good documentation on these series of events, but here's one good resource as a summary.

http://www.mackido.com/Interface/ui_history.html

I'm a consumer, so I really don't care who gets to the top or how. I'll just buy the best thing there is at the time. And for now, it's WindowsXP.

twisted-mystic
03-01-2005, 04:14 AM
Great read, thanks for the clairfication on the Mac vs. Windows issue. On the principal of being orriginal tho, it even states in the article that, while he did'nt rip xerox off, he did pretty much, with their concent, copy Xerox's idea. so in theory, Mac did the same as windows, just in a different way.

Either way, i agree, it does'nt matter how they got to the top, what matters is that their there. Alot of people blam MS for copying ideas, but when you start to look at some of their apps and what not, you can see how they improved on whatever it was they copied....in some instances ;)

the new .Net stuff is a good example, it's basically compariable to Java, but when you start digging through the .net architecture, it's much cleaner and easier to write than java.

sorry bout the soap box :P heh.

quatroking
16-01-2005, 05:55 PM
Windows is da best....
(you now already that linux go make a pc named "Lindows" ?)

i know somebody that have a mac, she never use it
becouse mac is *meep*.

the new windows from 2005 is Windows LH, (Long Hole, Crazy name huh?)
The first one should have:

1 BB (Beta Byte, thats 1000 GB)
5 GHZ processor
Boxes with 10.000 watt
A mouse with 7(!) buttons
keyboard with 120 buttons(or 121)
3 processors(one with 1 GHZ and two with 2 GHZ)
Printer that print 2 pages in faster then 10 seconds

And much more!
how i now that? Results of a hack.
(i have read all those things on a site)

So mac, Shut up with your *meep* computers!

xoopx
16-01-2005, 07:07 PM
i have several mac disciple friends. its fun to tease them. its like insulting their religious cult of apple. they love anything from apple, no matter what.

you can actually use any kind of usb mouse on apple's now. so the one button thing isnt really a problem.

ANYONE WHO SAYS XP CRASHES, HAS SOMETHING WRONG WITH THEIR COMPUTER

Havell
16-01-2005, 08:06 PM
Heh heh

Ioncannon
17-01-2005, 01:25 AM
Originally posted by quatroking@Jan 16 2005, 06:55 PM
Windows is da best....

becouse mac is *meep*.

5 GHZ processor
Boxes with 10.000 watt

And much more!

I am guessing you are being sarcastic right? AWhat you say makes you look like a total idiot (if you were talking for real)

Ioncannon
17-01-2005, 01:27 AM
uhh every 2 months I get a BSOD were I have to reinstall Windows.... I thoguh xp got rid of bsods...

Puffin
17-01-2005, 06:10 AM
I use PC myself. But I have nothing against MAC. Although I don't know much about it, I'll admit that..
But the first computer I ever used was MAC. A small, old one, the screen was TINY! It belonged (well, still belongs :blink: ) to a friend of mine. I loved it, it had a cool painting program :bleh:
Then later, when I tried PC, I didn't like it as much. The MAC was in Danish, that was a big plus. And the PC didn't have the same painting program :cry: (Nota bene; I was about 6 or 7). (And I HATE Windows in Icelandic. It sucks. I haven't seen it in Danish, don't want to.)
But then we bought a PC, and I learnt how to use it, and loved it. Now I don't use MAC that much, mainly because I don't know many that actually have one. My aunt has one buried on the attic... And the old tiny one isn't being used right now. (hmm, I wonder why,....)

wendymaree
17-01-2005, 10:07 AM
I use a PC and don't know much about Macs as I've never used one. A few years ago serious muzos over here in Aus (including my teacher) weren't interested in using anything but a Mac. I can't remember clearly now but I think it was something about a Mac having scussi (can't even spell it) components making it more powerful for handling audio and processor hungry plugins. But that attitude could be different today, especially as the PC has become more powerful and introduced a 64 bit operating system.

xoopx
17-01-2005, 10:47 AM
the funniest way to tease mac users - if theyre a female- is to ask them when the sims 2 is coming to mac...

Reup
17-01-2005, 11:00 AM
I prefer PC, but only for it's easy scalabilty and upgradability. Performance-wise a G5 is competitive with newer models PC but with more and deeper testing from Macintosch. There are hardly any compatiblity problems with Macs. (On the other hand, PC Vendors like Dell have managed to reach a stable product as well, imho).
The choices you have for hardware ar so much more diverse for the PC platform. Combine this with much more software and the decision is easy. But MACs do have a more cooler design, and I can imagine that a couple of iMacs look cooler then some beige PCs on the desks of your design companies office...

:ot:
Originally posted by twisted-mystic@Jan 3 2005, 07:14 AM
the new .Net stuff is a good example, it's basically compariable to Java, but when you start digging through the .net architecture, it's much cleaner and easier to write than java.
Ah, but does .NET offer the same portability as Java? Can the Mac for instance run your beautiful .NET-stuff? This makes .NET hardly comparible with Java. They are maybe comparible in the sense that they are Object Oriented to the bone...

xoopx
17-01-2005, 11:19 AM
Originally posted by Reup@Jan 17 2005, 12:00 PM

Ah, but does .NET offer the same portability as Java? Can the Mac for instance run your beautiful .NET-stuff? This makes .NET hardly comparible with Java. They are maybe comparible in the sense that they are Object Oriented to the bone...
for portability, the MAME coders swear by regular C

quatroking
17-01-2005, 05:57 PM
Originally posted by Ioncannon+Jan 17 2005, 02:25 AM****</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Ioncannon @ Jan 17 2005, 02:25 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> ******QuoteBegin-quatroking@Jan 16 2005, 06:55 PM
Windows is da best....

becouse mac is *meep*.

5 GHZ processor
Boxes with 10.000 watt

And much more!

I am guessing you are being sarcastic right? AWhat you say makes you look like a total idiot (if you were talking for real) [/b][/quote]
So what?
I sit minimal 6 ours on my Windows Millenium per day!

(And my I.Q. is 135)
(AND i read Computer Guides)

AND I LOVE MICROSOFT!!!!!

and hate apple, mac and linux.

Havell
17-01-2005, 06:04 PM
I can't say I like Microsoft (they're just another big corporation, out to crush all opposition and make huge profits) but Apple (which is the SAME as a Mac :rolleyes:) are at least making innovations and have good designers working for them. As for linux, give them a break, I've never used their OS but it is independantly made and also not not finished.

Puffin
17-01-2005, 08:59 PM
I found this about the Mac that belonged to my friend...

Macintosh Plus (http://www.apple-history.com/frames/body.php?page=gallery&model=plus)

*memories*sigh*

iloveoldies
18-01-2005, 02:06 AM
i never understood why on my graphics course at college they paid shiteloads of ? to buy low spec slow apple mac desktop g4s when for the same money they could have built a over 1ghz (instead of 600mhz mac) desktop pcs complete with higher resolution moniters. i put this to my tutor at the time and she said:

"its because they are industry standard"

:eeeeeh:

i dont know where people actually get this idea that macs are better than pcs for home and graphical use??.

mikebarry
18-01-2005, 06:45 AM
Originally posted by The Picard@Dec 8 2004, 08:31 AM
Not to spam or anything, but...exactly right!!! :ok:

quatroking
21-01-2005, 05:13 PM
My dad's XP crash minimal 3 times a day.
(i hate that pc)

Danny252
21-01-2005, 07:42 PM
XP last crashed ages ago for me..

Blood-Pigggy
21-01-2005, 09:10 PM
My XP never crashes, it only crashes depending on what YOU do, it's just a sensitive system, that is also why it sucks.

Macs are too standardized, everything is based on one language, that's why we need to convert games in the first place, it needs to become a bit more loose with it's prog ends and then we can start to see more software being developed, not only that, but it's dang fast.

Despite what you believe, Macs are really, really, really fast, I mean really fast!

xoopx
21-01-2005, 10:11 PM
my xp never crashes. its POSSIBLE that if you're having flakey problems with xp, and you dont have spyware/sketchy bad software running, it might be a hardware problem. even a problem with the local electricity supply!
hell, i even have my modem dialled in for days at a time.
my pc only restarts when i want it!
ive seen people's xp uptimes of well over a year

PowerPC chips are good, but for the price, an athlon pc cant be beaten!

Astral
22-01-2005, 10:00 AM
They 2 suxxx :not_ok:

DOS :kosta: :ok: :ok:

xoopx
22-01-2005, 11:01 AM
even windows ME was useable once you turned off the stuff that made it crash for no reason (active folders always seemed to do that for me) and patch it, and so forth. it would run for a day no problem. trouble with win9x is you need to reboot it about once a day or it just gets all bogged down and slow.

quatroking
22-01-2005, 12:41 PM
right xoopx, there is nothing wrong with Windows ME.

quatroking
22-01-2005, 12:44 PM
My dad had 1 year ago the wormblaster virus, he was 3 months busy with deleting that muck!
(after that, his Hard-Disk was empty; even the windows folder was deleted)

quatroking
22-01-2005, 12:46 PM
Originally posted by Blood-Pigggy@Jan 21 2005, 10:10 PM
My XP never crashes, it only crashes depending on what YOU do, it's just a sensitive system, that is also why it sucks.

Macs are too standardized, everything is based on one language, that's why we need to convert games in the first place, it needs to become a bit more loose with it's prog ends and then we can start to see more software being developed, not only that, but it's dang fast.

Despite what you believe, Macs are really, really, really fast, I mean really fast!
i know why they are fast:

there is no good software for mac and becouse that you don't use a hard-disk

Blood-Pigggy
22-01-2005, 08:11 PM
Nope, it's fast because they have a native programming language, Windows is basicly just DOS with a fancy layer of paint.

Don't hate the Mac cause it's faster, envy it.

No it's faster because all of it's systems are memory cached to the right degree, the people who make them just aren't big losers like most of the IBM designers.

xoopx
23-01-2005, 12:33 AM
Originally posted by Blood-Pigggy@Jan 22 2005, 09:11 PM
Nope, it's fast because they have a native programming language, Windows is basicly just DOS with a fancy layer of paint.

Don't hate the Mac cause it's faster, envy it.

No it's faster because all of it's systems are memory cached to the right degree, the people who make them just aren't big losers like most of the IBM designers.

whats the mac native programming language? LOL. are you telling me its all written in POWERPC ASSEMBER LANGUAGE? ;)
as for windows and dos. this is all wrong. you're thinking of windows9x/me.
win2000 and xp have no dos whatsoever. the dos in xp and win2k is virtualized on top of the win32.
memory cached? you're just talking buzzwords that you dont understand :P
the PPC is a good cpu, but the design of the mac hardware isnt anything special. usually the graphics and the memory subsystem arent as fast as stuff already on sale for pc... and then after a year, definately not.
a new pc mobo with pci express, is going to be a lot more *grin* "better memory cached" than a mac.
ibm dont even MAKE computers anymore. pc's havent been tied into IBM since the first alternative BIOS manufacturers reverse engineered the ibm bios.
this is crucially why p.c's are always going to be cheaper than macs... macs are a ONE COMPANY ONLY product, where as p.c's are open systems = competition = make them faster, cheaper, etc.
apple just TELLS mac users what theyre going to have. change from 68000 to ppc.. dont like it? tough. want a floppy drive? tough. its just lucky for apple that all the fanboys love whatever they do... even that imac that looked like a desklamp.

mouse31e
23-01-2005, 12:46 AM
Well Apple have just released the Mac Mini for ?339 or $499 (can't be bothered to find out in Euros, sorry!).

1.25GHz PowerPC G4
256MB DDR333 SDRAM
40GB Ultra ATA hard drive
Combo drive
DVI or VGA video output
AirPort Extreme and Bluetooth optional

Sounds like a bargain?

Lets examine what's not in the package. Monitor, Keyboard or Mouse! So you'd have to buy them (though it is apparently compatible with most PC peripherals). And it's G4, not G5 so it's effectively out of date!

And it's biggest downfall?

It's a mac LOL LOL LOL

SixApes
27-01-2005, 11:00 PM
Its a matter of preference. If you want all the games by a WindowZ box. Macs' do look sleek in design compared to most of the PC's i've seen. In my 3dstudioMax class we used primarily Macs'. I must admit they seemed to run the software smoother than any PC I've ever ran it on. I agree that Longhorn is a MAC OSX rip off...... But then again.... Bill Gates has always been the #1 pirate, hasn't he?

I use a PC with Linux. I have a laptop with XP. I used to own a G3..... they are just to expensive to keep up with.

JJXB
28-01-2005, 02:25 AM
if you want to see a mac fanboy, click here (http://www.applegeeks.com/comic_archive/viewcomic.php?issue=166)

El nostalgico
11-02-2005, 04:48 PM
I have seen this:

... To me I think the mac is superiora due to its speed and design. The downside is they are far too expensive and due to Micro$oft they arn't as populer with software. The upside is being the 5% of pc population, all virus go to Windows hehehe*

... My friend has Machintosh, and his system never crashed, his computer is faster, etc. ...

.... But i have heard that it isn't built for games, and games are scarce for this system. ....

... my vote goes to pc, it maybe isnt that fast or prety as mac, but sure is a lot cheaper

PC wins in my books. More games, more programs, more fun.

And can you see the one think??? no???

Ok:
PC is open system
PC is not Windows
PC is cheaper, but because it is open system. Open system is very unstabile!!!!

What is "open" mean???

Processor are: Intel, AMD, Cyrix, ...
Motherboard: VIA, Intel, .....
Bios: Award, Ami, ....

but Mac has
Procesor: only Motorola
Motheboard: hmmmmmmmmm??? I think Via?? No no, it is Apple?? Oh muck I am not right again!!!
And what about bios???? hmmmmmmmm You sure its Apple only holly Apple no one can do it for Mac!!!

And what does it mens open????

You can buy stuff of any company you want (IBM, HP, Dell, Intel, AMD, and so on).
AND?!? If you can do that. Your computer platform will be the most widespread on th world!!!

This is function of PC platform:

Open=chepaper=many customer=many users=many programers and many hardware developers=many programs and many standards and many gamesgs=many stuff= BUT also MANY incompabilties than your system sometime CRASHES.

Do you understand
Open = lot of games = lot af hardware standards = lot of incompability = lot of crushes.
You cant have all things!!!

And what about viruses??? Oh my stupidity!!!
many comps = many users = many stupid users = many viruses
It isnt about better Mac security oh my holly muck it is about bigger quanitity of viruses for Win.

gildedgirth
12-02-2005, 01:16 AM
Heh, just get both. As web developer I need to have both to test browser compatibility on both platforms. Both have thier bonuses.

But the better question is MacOS and Microsoft Windows, isn't it? If MacOS was a bit more similiar in using a second mouse button and contextual right click menus, I'd think it would be ideal, since you have a wonderful GUI on top and have access to the power of Linux as well.

In anycase, competition is good. I'd hate to see a world that is only PC and cause Microsoft in complacency. Even if Mac has a small percentage, its vital for the PC world that it exists to push Microsoft to do more innovate things.

If it were up to me, I'd get rid of the legacy PC architecture and just create a whole new computer from scratch with all the need for backward compatibility. So my vote, a 3rd computer brand! Too bad NeXtStep computer didn't do well. I used them at work and those were nice computers. Made by Steve Jobs, apple creator, back when he left to form his own computer.

Ferna182
14-02-2005, 02:44 PM
OBVIOUSLY mac it'?s better built than a pc ....but one it's better than the other depending on what you need to do....

if you want to play games, PC it's better...
If you want to use some programs like Premiere for video editing or photoshop, MAC it's better.....
if you want to upgrade you computer without spending a lot of money, pc it's better...

and so on