PDA

View Full Version : Problem With Vdm Sound

Yavor
07-12-2004, 12:07 PM
I downloaded VDMSound 2.1.0 for windows and when I launch the setup and choose bulgarian language /I tried and english/ appears message the messege
"You must be runing as an Administrator to install VDMSound"
At the moment I`m using Win98.Not long ago I installed older XP version of VDMSound on WinXp /therefore :whistle: / and it worked perfect.I don`t now what`s the problem now.After I saw the message I checked the user list and there was nothing.Then I created user with full rights on the computer and that didn`t help.Can you tell me what`s the problem....and evetually the solution. :D

Kosta
07-12-2004, 12:14 PM
Never heard of this problem.... you would probably have more luck asking on the VDMsound site!

But perhaps someone from here will know how to solve it. Never tried to install VDMSound on anything older than XP

Yavor
07-12-2004, 12:23 PM
Sorry..my mistake.I looked more closely the VDMsound and find out that it is not conpatible with Win98,Win95 etc.... :wall:

Frankie
17-01-2005, 10:53 AM
Hi!

I have the same problem like Yavor, but I searched the Vogon site and found something about an alpha version for ME. Dunno if it was really what I think it was http://users.pandora.be/eforum/emoticons4u/sad/507.gif , anyway the link to it lead to nowhere. If somebody has a solution for the phenomenon, plz post it! Thanks

Eagle of Fire
17-01-2005, 12:36 PM
Thing is, you don't need DOSBox or VDMSound for Windows 95/98 because they have good compatibility with DOS.

Usually I'd like to give you a link on another site which explain very well how to create a autoexec.bat and config.sys file for Windows 95/98 but the site seems to be down right now... :(

Dino
26-01-2005, 10:29 AM
Could anyone help me on the issue of implementing VDMSound in DosBox, please? Every time i try to run dosdrv.exe from VDMSound folder my Dosbox crashes!!!

Rogue
26-01-2005, 12:13 PM
Double question?

Please don't ask the same question on multiple topics.

Dino
26-01-2005, 01:14 PM
Sorry, Anubis, just didn't know what topic should i post it on! Won't happen again! :angel: