PDA

View Full Version : Vdmsound Creates Strange Error

Landaley
28-07-2007, 12:47 PM
Hi folks.

I hope it's the right corner to discuss this, but I'll simply give it a try.

Following problem:

When rightclicking on an executable game file and choosing "Run with VDMS" I keep getting this error message:

http://img503.imageshack.us/img503/3572/vdmerrorzf9.jpg

It's completely irrelevant which game I choose.
I have searched for the specific file, but it does not exist on my computer.
I have also searched for the errormessage, but i didn't really get it via google.

Does anybody of you guys know what this means?
And how to solve it?

I want to play the games of my childhood, but I can't :(.

Well, thanks in advance and sorry for my bad english.

Sup

EDIT:

I just found out that the last two letters of the filename in the error message (in my example above the "90") change every time I try to run a game this way.

_r.u.s.s.
28-07-2007, 12:53 PM
try clearing your temp folder (c:\documments and settings\administrator\local settings\temp you see) and remove the read only properity, then restart the computer

it can be also that you are running on guest XP account and dont have permissions to admin account. then you need to redownload the vdm sound and install it in your user profile
(so also try logging in to admin and see if it works there)
hope that helps=)

Landaley
28-07-2007, 01:14 PM
Hi.

First of all, let me thank you for your really fast answer :).

I just tried your advices, but unfortunately neither clearing the temp folder, nor logging in as the administrator solved the problem :(.

Damn, I'm cursed.

_r.u.s.s.
28-07-2007, 01:17 PM
did you try deleting your old config and reinstalling the vdmsound? (in your user profile) and unchecking read only property in temp

and did it give different errors when you was in admin account or the same?

Mighty Midget
28-07-2007, 01:18 PM
What is your operating system? I'm not sure, but if it's Vista or the 64 bit XP that might cause problems.

Landaley
28-07-2007, 01:55 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(_r.u.s.s. @ Jul 28 2007, 03:17 PM) 301699</div>
did you try deleting your old config and reinstalling the vdmsound? (in your user profile) and unchecking read only property in temp

and did it give different errors when you was in admin account or the same?
[/b]

Yup, I tried both.

And yes, the error stayed the same in admin account.

The operating system is regular XP.

Could it be specific configurations I would need to apply?

I tried to start the games with the recommended settings set by VDMSound itself.

_r.u.s.s.
28-07-2007, 02:30 PM
well for unknown reason your vdm sound cant acces your temp directory and i have no clue why. maybe its in the old 6 letters directory names but thats just a pure guess
myabe if there was something like customizable temporary directory for vdm sound, that would help

_r.u.s.s.
01-08-2007, 01:52 PM
hey, i jsut stumbled upon this command in command line which can change your temp directory in winxp
try typing "set temp=<newpatch>"
use something easy without long names, like

SET TEMP=C:\Temp

and before, you can just type 'set temp' to see and write down the old temp directory (if you wanted it back afterwards)