PDA

View Full Version : Mouse Speed Turtle Slow In Warcraft 2

stides
09-06-2007, 03:56 PM
Does anybody know how to turn up the horribly slow mouse sensitivity in warcraft 2? There is no option in game and I dont see anything to edit in the config file. The game runs ultra smooth and fast on my pc so pc lag is not the issue.

Japo
09-06-2007, 04:45 PM
If you use DOSBox to run it you can edit dosbox.conf and change "sensitivity=100" replacing 100 with whatever bigger number you like. If you run it in Windows (don't know if that's possible), I think you're stuck with the in-game options unless you change the mouse sesitivity for your whole system in the Control Panel. I though to recall there was an option for that in-game though...

Scatty
09-06-2007, 05:44 PM
There is an option to speed up mouse scroll speed at the screen borders ingame, but I think he means the overall mouse movement speed, which is indeed expected to behave like that in Warcraft II if it's played in Windows XP.
I suppose you are playing the game in Windows XP? Then try to play it in DosBox. And if's still slow there, try to increase the CPU cycles with CTRL-F12 (CTRL-F11 lowers them).

stides
10-06-2007, 10:22 AM
Im playing with dosbox. Thanks a lot japofran i changed the sensitivity in dosbox config (kicking myself i didnt notice it) and fixed it totally. Had to change from 100 to 500 to be acceptable for me. THX!