PDA

View Full Version : Unknown Game

Razza
06-05-2007, 06:04 AM
I am obsessed with finding a game I used to play at primary/elementary school (so between 1992-1998) but I cant remember what is was called (dont you hate that?!).

I think it involved being stuck on an island and having to find a way off, by searching various locations through the jungle (I am almost certain that one of the locations involved a submarine). I think there was also a lagoon. At the bottom of the screen was a box where you typed in your commands eg what direction you wanted to head in, which objects you wanted to use.

The graphics were pretty simple but it was a cool game all the time. I never actually finished the game - I always ended up going round in circles trying to find what I must have missed.

If anyone has any idea at all what this game could have been would be much appreciated! I'd love to play it again (who knows I might actually finish it this time!).

Lulu_Jane
06-05-2007, 07:10 AM
Do you remember if it was an educational game, or if it was jus a good old fashioned game for game's sake kind of game?

Razza
06-05-2007, 09:20 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Lulu_Jane @ May 6 2007, 05:10 PM) 289355</div>
Do you remember if it was an educational game, or if it was jus a good old fashioned game for game's sake kind of game?
[/b]

I don't know whether it was an educational game per se - i just remember always playing it at school. The object of the game was to use items you find along the way to solve puzzles and figure out a way off the island so in that sense i guess it could be called an educational game. Sorry I cant be more specific, it has been a long time since i played it. I think the 'island' was set somewhere in the 'pacific'. I know it was different from most games because although the commands were typed it wasnt a true textbased games in that it had graphics.

Dave
06-05-2007, 11:20 AM
Strange...it remember me Monkey Island...but there wasn't a submarine :unsure:
Maybe Indiana Jones and the fate of Atlantis...there was a jungle...a submarine...

Razza
06-05-2007, 11:24 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(David86 @ May 6 2007, 09:20 PM) 289368</div>
Strange...it remember me Monkey Island...but there wasn't a submarine :unsure:
Maybe Indiana Jones and the fate of Atlantis...there was a jungle...a submarine...
[/b]

It wasnt monkey island - it involved typing in your commnads whereas in monkey island you have different options of commands which you just click on. It wasnt Indiana Jones either. Thanks anyway.
The submarine was a fair bit into the game and i think it was red.

Razza
07-05-2007, 04:36 AM
The word Java somewhere in the title seems familiar...