PDA

View Full Version : Oh My...

Eagle of Fire
24-11-2004, 09:32 AM
I play Magic: The Gathering Online from time to time with the demo trial version of the latest 8th edition. I was playing with someone that I understood to be a youngster who still goes to school... Anyways, while we were playing the conversation was going like this:

(me)-You should have done _this_ and _this_, because now I will do _that_ and _that_.
(him)-Yeah I know. But I took the chance because I thought you could do _that_ and _that_ instead.
* -I know what you mean (meaning that a lot of players play stupidly, more often than not because they don't really know how to play and are newbies).
* -I play black IRL. I have a deck.
* -I have 6 decks IRL. You should pack your deck with Terrors and Dark Banishing. The Terrors are better because they cost only B1 instead of B2, but the Dark Banishing can target artifact creatures...
* -I just started to play at the beginning of this year school.
* -I started playing when 3rd edition got out. I stopped playing right now because Magic is really crap now. Back in the days the big dogs were Sierra Angels, Sengir Vampires and the like. If someone managed to cast Force of Nature (8/8 for GGGG4) it was usually a game ender. Nothing like those stupid creatures like Akroma and the like.
* -Akroma? What's that?
* -It's a uber white creature. It's like 8/8 flying and protection against black and red for around 8 to cast. If you have something I don't remember you only need 3 to cast her. Oh, and she doesn't need to tap to attack either.
* -Wow. My strongest card is Fallen Angel (3/3 for BB2 for those you want to know).
* -Get Sengir Vampires. They are 4/4 flying and they get +1/+1 counter when they kill a creature for BB3. Way better and if you are lucky you can get it out on turn 3 with a Dark Ritual (B, give you BBB). It usually hit hard fast at the beginning.
* -That creatures sound cool! I'll try to get some. A card that I like a lot too is -name of the card-. It takes 4 lives from my opponent and gives me 4.
* -Don't know that card. Sounds good. What's the cost?
* -BB3
* -Ouch. That's bad. You should find Drain Lifes instead. They cost BX and you can also target creatures with it.
* -You know everything. What's your age?
* -I'm 23. Why?

And then it just struck me...

Damn, I'm getting old... I just found myself lecturing a teenagers... :unsure:

The Niles
24-11-2004, 09:38 AM
LOL, there is no such thing as third edition. The line goes Alpha (test version), Beta (test version 2), Unlimited (first release), Revised, FOURTH edition, and so on.

I started with revised and stopped buying cards with Alliances. I now have three decks that are very reasonable. A Weismann deck, a Turbo stasis and a goblin deck just for fun. My friends and I still play and I bought a couple of cards a while back (old ones).
I'm 26 and getting older.

p.s. Sengirs are no Serra Angels.

Eagle of Fire
24-11-2004, 09:44 AM
Ahem... Revised is indeed the official name, but Revised is the 3rd Edition...

And I never said Serra Angels and Sengir were the same...

I too had a friend to play Magic with, but he always kept in touch with the new series and played at our local Card Shop. I went along for almost a year at a time but stoped playing because of the stupid new cards... The magic of the game is gone (pun intended)! :(

The Niles
24-11-2004, 09:48 AM
Originally posted by Eagle of Fire@Nov 24 2004, 10:44 AM
And I never said Serra Angels and Sengir were the same...
I know. What I meant to say was that although the Sengir and Serra are both 4/4 Fliers that Serra is WAY better. Sengir is Serra's poor cousin. I also know you never claimed otherwise. I just wanted to mention it.

BTW, do you have the old Magic the Gathering software released in 1995? If you do we should play a game once or twice.

Eagle of Fire
24-11-2004, 09:49 AM
No, and you sure got me interested here. Is it abadonware?

If so I really wish to try that! :w00t:

The Niles
24-11-2004, 09:56 AM
Yep it's abandoned but there are some snags. It only has the none multi coloured cards fromBeta to The Dark. Also some of the cards don't work because of software shortcomings (like landtax being useless because you can never click on it in time to use it). It's pretty big though at 160MB.

Puffin
24-11-2004, 09:59 AM
Hell yeah, you're OLD!!!!

Naaah... 23 isn't old. In my opinion, age doesn't really matter. Lots of my friends are waaay older than I am. One of my friend just turned 31!! I'm turning 17!!!

If you share an interest or find anything in common, it doesn't matter.

Eagle of Fire
24-11-2004, 10:05 AM
Thanks Puffin... But that's his last comment, the "You know everything. What's your age", which seems to get to me in that particular way... Heh. LOL

Stroggy
24-11-2004, 11:27 AM
I often lecture, and often I think my teachers could use a good lecture on some issues in politics.... but I don't do it.
Wouldn't want to be an arrogant prick (atleast not in real life)

Yamcha
24-11-2004, 11:57 AM
I play magic to I'm newbie :angel:

FreeFreddy
24-11-2004, 12:33 PM
Well, even if you would be 30, you're not old. That depends on how you see the world around you. You can stay young with the age of 40 and you can be too old with the age of 30. Enough Germans here that look all 45 years old and when you ask them, they're just 30-35. :rolleyes:

If you have many interests in your life and don't become completely too serious about the life you'll stay young as long as you want to.
As example my mom - she's 62 now, but she has the energy of an 40 years-old. Because she knows much and still is very eager to learn new things (although only real ones, not some movies or computer games, rather more scientific things).
So don't think you're old. In fact, just now your time really began. ;)

Stroggy
24-11-2004, 12:42 PM
I know a teacher in my school who is 30 years also and still goes around trading Yu Gi Oh cards

FreeFreddy
24-11-2004, 12:57 PM
Well, this one goes little more towards rather being still childish, but still, an example too.

Stroggy
24-11-2004, 01:05 PM
I wanted to say that but decided not to... didn't want to offend any Yu Gi Oh players here

Rogue
24-11-2004, 01:09 PM
Originally posted by Stroggy@Nov 24 2004, 07:27 AM
I often lecture, and often I think my teachers could use a good lecture on some issues in politics.... but I don't do it.
LOL LOL LOL

I really wonder why is that... :angel: :whistle:

EOF,
You right. You are getting older, and as more younger kids will ask you for advice, older you'll feel.

But much worst is when older folks start to ask for help. :D

FF,
it's not that he is old, it's just that he FEELS that way. ;)

FreeFreddy
24-11-2004, 01:16 PM
And the more he does, the more difficult it will become to feel young again. Just don't think on it, Eagle of Fire, and live in your interests (not that you would trade some cards now... :eeeeeh: LOL ). ;)

Rogue
24-11-2004, 01:17 PM
Originally posted by FreeFreddy@Nov 24 2004, 09:16 AM
Just don't think on it, Eagle of Fire, and live in your interests...
... and you'll wake one day to old to 'live'. :D :D :D

FreeFreddy
24-11-2004, 01:34 PM
My mom doesn't need to wake up to notice she's "too old to live"... :whistle:
There's still usual life besides the interests. Just that the interests will keep you young. If you don't have many or any and just work all the time, entire day every day, then you're not living your life anymore. Then you just "exist" and that's it, you don't feel any sense behind your life. ;)

Stroggy
24-11-2004, 02:11 PM
Originally posted by Anubis+Nov 24 2004, 02:09 PM****</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Anubis @ Nov 24 2004, 02:09 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> ******QuoteBegin-Stroggy@Nov 24 2004, 07:27 AM
LOL LOL LOL

I really wonder why is that... :angel: :whistle:
[/b][/quote]
I'm still angry at you for wasting my time

Rogue
24-11-2004, 02:53 PM
Same like these bad, not so politically correct teachers??? :D

You know, we don't have to agree on everything... :blow:

But I would not call that time 'wasted'. :blink: We learned a lot about our self and different views on the same topics. At least I did. ;)

Stroggy
24-11-2004, 03:27 PM
No you didn't
Now you think i'm just some bloodthirsty fanatic :rolleyes:

Tom Henrik
24-11-2004, 03:36 PM
:blink: But.... Stroggy.... You ARE a bloodthirsty fanatic!

Rogue
24-11-2004, 03:39 PM
Why you are so worried what I think?

I think that you are just a bit confused person who see a difference between what's he being told (and taught) and what is really going on. It will take some time to accept the facts. (Same applies to Serbia and Serbs. Most of them are so ignorant that they will do anything just to prove the fact that war in my country was not typical aggression)

We are kind :ot: here.

Stroggy
24-11-2004, 03:46 PM
Originally posted by Tom Henrik@Nov 24 2004, 04:36 PM
:blink: But.... Stroggy.... You ARE a bloodthirsty fanatic!
No I'm not, Puffin atleast gave me the time to explain my vision for peace in the middle east.
While Anubis here directly singled me out as an ignorant bloodthirsty murderer.
Some kind of person who makes coats out of the skin of babies or something like that.

Seeing as how Anubis here is obviously biased, probably because he blindly compares the middle east to Kosovo and Serbia I decided to give up and simply ignore him.

But it seems like he is intent on mocking me... and its really becoming enerving that somebody with little knowledge of the middle east like Anubis is mocking me while I constantly follow both Mainstream and smalltime media reports on the middle east and studied the subject comprehensively.

Lets just leave it at that, now.

Rogue
24-11-2004, 04:00 PM
Stroggy,
You started on other tread with 'somebody called you a fanatic', if you don't remember, so tell me who is really mocking here.

I said that people who blindly follow ideology like is today’s Israel’s politic are fanatics, and its fact that today government in Israel is fanatically right oriented.

How much fanatic (like your self) will go deep, it shows in example that you found one report that Palestinian kid that was killed in the front of cameras couple years ago was killed by Palestinian (to make it look more tragic?? how more needs to be when they keep you in some sort of concentration camp, divided by tall fence)?!

I told you, we can talk about anything, but you can't leave questions unanswered or reply with other question.

And yes, subscription on couple news papers including time makes me unaware of situation in Middle East??

Not to mention conversation with refugees from Palestine and couple of good documentary on the TV. But seems expert like your self knows everything, even while it’s living in Belgium?

Sorry for this :ot:, should reply at first mocking, but did not have a time then.

The Niles
24-11-2004, 04:59 PM
Locked because of of topic discussion.