PDA

View Full Version : Starcraft

Bobbin Threadbare
27-02-2007, 11:58 AM
Anyone want to play? I'm on US East (I think. It's the second one from the top). I have Brood War so we can play either. I have B.net too ;).

The Fifth Horseman
27-02-2007, 01:03 PM
Gee, didn't play it for a while...

Guess the forever loser is coming back in a few days. :P

Data
28-02-2007, 09:44 AM
I play it fairly often with people in the neighbourhood. It's a fun game.

Bobbin Threadbare
06-03-2007, 08:15 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Data @ Feb 28 2007, 08:44 PM) 281268</div>
I play it fairly often with people in the neighbourhood. It's a fun game.
[/b]
Yey. Want to play, Data?

gufu1992
07-03-2007, 12:10 AM
Game can't seem to find internet :(

BlindMonk
07-03-2007, 02:12 AM
Last time I tried it was at a LAN event and was the second player to go (swamped by zerglings).

Bobbin Threadbare
07-03-2007, 09:13 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BlindMonk @ Mar 7 2007, 01:12 PM) 282216</div>
Last time I tried it was at a LAN event and was the second player to go (swamped by zerglings).
[/b]

You got Zerg rushed. What race were you?
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(gufu1992 @ Mar 7 2007, 11:10 AM) 282208</div>
Game can't seem to find internet :(
[/b]
Umm... Look under Battle.net. If you can't get into that get a valid CD-Key. Or updated patch.

JJXB
08-03-2007, 02:45 PM
might consider reinstalling but i'm not sure. i'm not very good though

BlindMonk
08-03-2007, 04:14 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Duss T. @ Mar 7 2007, 04:13 AM) 282257</div>
You got Zerg rushed. What race were you?[/b]
Terran, I believe. Was only the second time I ever attempted playing. I really missed the SC boat, what with Total Annihilation garnering all my RTS attention at the time. However, minus Broodwar, I still have the game here so I'm sure I'd be able to give it the proper attention it deserves sooner or later. :)

Bobbin Threadbare
11-03-2007, 10:07 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BlindMonk @ Mar 9 2007, 03:14 AM) 282503</div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Duss T. @ Mar 7 2007, 04:13 AM) 282257
You got Zerg rushed. What race were you?[/b]
Terran, I believe. Was only the second time I ever attempted playing. I really missed the SC boat, what with Total Annihilation garnering all my RTS attention at the time. However, minus Broodwar, I still have the game here so I'm sure I'd be able to give it the proper attention it deserves sooner or later. :)
[/b][/quote]
Terran are only good with air force and those take a while to get too. So you just gotta get your army together faster. And the best thing for Zerglings is to plant a bunch of spider mines near the entrance then they go splat.

_r.u.s.s.
11-03-2007, 11:17 AM
noo way, zergs own with their airforce! ..well except for when there come valkyries :unsure: (but thats only anti air)

Bobbin Threadbare
12-03-2007, 02:00 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(_r.u.s.s. @ Mar 11 2007, 10:17 PM) 282924</div>
noo way, zergs own with their airforce! ..well except for when there come valkyries :unsure: (but thats only anti air)
[/b]
And you don't get Mutalisks until later.

_r.u.s.s.
12-03-2007, 01:53 PM
i think if you go mass air, it can go pretty fast. i have seen some nice rushes with that

The Fifth Horseman
12-03-2007, 02:40 PM
Terran, I believe. Was only the second time I ever attempted playing.[/b]
Happened to me too. Then I learned that Marine Roller tactic.

Basically speaking, it's focus is on building massive hordes of Marines as fast as possible. Other buildings are mostly only to get Level 2 & 3 upgrades for weapons and armor, and Science Facility to get mobile detectors. Works wonders, unless the enemy has something for killing mass infantry. (eg: Lurkers, Siege Mode Tanks, Reavers).

Think I still have a few replays of it on my HD. Once I used it in a multi game with some French gamers, and none of them really figured out a way to stop it until it was far too late. By the end, there was about a hundred or more of my Marines rampaging around the map, with Barracks constantly churning out replacements.

Bobbin Threadbare
13-03-2007, 10:09 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(the_fifth_horseman @ Mar 13 2007, 01:40 AM) 283209</div>
Terran, I believe. Was only the second time I ever attempted playing.[/b]
Happened to me too. Then I learned that Marine Roller tactic.

Basically speaking, it's focus is on building massive hordes of Marines as fast as possible. Other buildings are mostly only to get Level 2 & 3 upgrades for weapons and armor, and Science Facility to get mobile detectors. Works wonders, unless the enemy has something for killing mass infantry. (eg: Lurkers, Siege Mode Tanks, Reavers).

Think I still have a few replays of it on my HD. Once I used it in a multi game with some French gamers, and none of them really figured out a way to stop it until it was far too late. By the end, there was about a hundred or more of my Marines rampaging around the map, with Barracks constantly churning out replacements.
[/b]
M&M plz (marine and medic)
Just mass that and you'll have uber rush.

FoGeL
06-05-2007, 07:53 AM
Hi! i play in a Clan on Euro Server. So, if anyone want's to play post here or send me a message ;)

_r.u.s.s.
23-07-2007, 03:09 PM
so there was this discussion in shoutbox. anybody who has starcraft, me, data and the_fifth_horseman would like to have a match sometimes

so feel free to post and join \o/

ps: i would prefer to play on hamachi rather than on BN for um :ph34r: for this very rare disease called 'battleneto-phobia' and if i accidentaly logged on to battle net, i could get a umm heart attack or so, yeah. and in better case, whole my body would get covered by red pimples which lure various insects like mosquitos and bees, WHICH would put a little larvas in to my body, then get in to my blood and it could happen that i would change in to an insect like in a "change" from franz kafka. Yes, thats it. now you know how did the guy from the book change in to the huge fly. he logged on to battle net and had this rare disease.. how sad. so i d like to keep my current form and rather play on hamachi. thank you guys

The Fifth Horseman
23-07-2007, 04:30 PM
I can't use Hamachi on this machine, but can connect to BN (yay for having bought this game legally).
Got both SC and BW, though I prefer matches in SC rather than BW.