PDA

View Full Version : Retribution

Maerlyn
13-11-2004, 10:03 PM
I found this game at another site claiming to be free, yet they want me to pay them to download it. Screw that. I'd love to see it on this site, it was a good game, Id review it to if you wanted...anyway, ill keep looking around.

Sean
13-11-2004, 10:14 PM
What is it?

Sebatianos
13-11-2004, 10:17 PM
Originally posted by Maerlyn@Nov 14 2004, 01:03 AM
I found this game at another site claiming to be free, yet they want me to pay them to download it. Screw that. I'd love to see it on this site, it was a good game, Id review it to if you wanted...anyway, ill keep looking around.
Let me guess, you're trying the site:
http://free-game-downloads.mosw.com/

They used to be for free, and had some good games, but NO, now they want to charge you!

Wael
13-11-2004, 10:19 PM
And as another good side,
they also leeched some of their files from other abandonware sites.

Maerlyn
13-11-2004, 10:24 PM
Well i found it at Underdogs where i probably should have started my search...getting it now, ill write a review for it too, just in case it does come to abandonia :ok:

Sebatianos
13-11-2004, 10:43 PM
Originally posted by Wael@Nov 14 2004, 01:19 AM
And as another good side,
they also leeched some of their files from other abandonware sites.
And why not?
I mean none of the sites is actually making their own games (so if people have something of their own to contribute GREAT, otherwise we'll all have same games at the end!

FreeFreddy
13-11-2004, 10:47 PM
It depends on the site what games it places for download. Leeching is done by every site, but not every site too has only quality games. ;)

Sebatianos
13-11-2004, 11:05 PM
That's why we're top notch! :ok:
And not all other sites are free,
and some even ofer some games that aren't AW yet which just isn't legal! :sniper:

Maerlyn
13-11-2004, 11:07 PM
Well deep down, im quite happy with that.

Wael
14-11-2004, 08:42 AM
Originally posted by Sebatianos@Nov 13 2004, 11:43 PM
And why not?
I mean none of the sites is actually making their own games (so if people have something of their own to contribute GREAT, otherwise we'll all have same games at the end!
I ment that they linked to other abandonware sites downloads DIRECTLY,
thus using the bandwidth of other sites when the download was started on theirs,
Without even informing the abandonware sites in question, that they were using their bandwidth...

From HotU

SCAM ALERT: the persistent link stealer site that has "free-games-download" in its name has been stealing our bandwidth for months (they actually programmed their own little GetRight-style "download manager" which claims to protect THEIR own bandwidth, but in reality does nothing more than leech files on our server). That alone is bad enough, but lately they have begun to charge money before you can download anything

Sebatianos
14-11-2004, 08:52 AM
OK, that I din't know.
You're right ofcourse, that such things are not torelable :ranting: :Titan: :rifle:

Wael
14-11-2004, 08:55 AM
Thank you.

Hate being misunderstood
(eventhough it was my own fault)

Maerlyn
15-11-2004, 08:51 PM
Originally posted by Magic@Nov 13 2004, 11:14 PM
What is it?
Tis a space action/adventure game i guess, although with the cutscenes and such it reminded my a little of G-Police (as far as my memory goes)...anyway i couldnt work it so there goes that idea.

Omuletzu
16-11-2004, 11:54 AM
You see this is what i don't understand: How can you charge money for something that is free?? That's just plain dumb. Who would pay to get games from you when they can get it free from other sites(i'm referring to abandonware not to warez here :ok: )

Get info on Retribution here (http://www.mobygames.com/game/sheet/p,2/gameId,10736/)

Morrin
16-11-2004, 11:59 AM
Hmm.. I remember the boxshot but never played it or seen any screenshots. Strange. :)

Paco
16-11-2009, 03:32 PM
Retribution (http://www.mobygames.com/game/dos/retribution)

not protected anymore, but the Word is too common to search for Buylink so i leave it to Acethor. *run away*