PDA

View Full Version : One Must Fall 2097

Kosta
11-03-2004, 10:45 AM
Feel free to comment and discuss this game here. Also, if you have any useful tips or tricks don't hesitate to share them with the others! Thanks!

Review and Download (if available) (http://www.abandonia.com/en/games/94)

Anonymous
20-05-2004, 03:43 PM
Feel free to comment and discuss this game here. Also, if you have any useful tips or tricks don't hesitate to share them with the others! Thanks!

One of the best fighting games i've ever played. You can "level" your character with skills and upgrade your bot... very sweet.

Note to ipx gaming over the internet, it works but you get slideshow framerates. It has to do something with the bandwidth (even on broadband it's slow) or the networking code.

Too bad OMF Battlegrounds was such a disappointment.

Decalies
25-06-2004, 07:16 AM
I never really liked those fighting games, but OMF was really quite addictive. Always nice to play to get rid of all the frustrating about work or school :D

FreeFreddy
25-06-2004, 10:01 AM
Awesome game, too bad your opponents are always just as good or better as you are, would not hurt to mix weak newcomers and elite champions. It was one of my best games at that time.

Dream
25-06-2004, 02:26 PM
Ahh OMF, the sweet memories. A very good game IMO and quite addictive.

Playing against some oponents may be very hard though, so beware of such robots as Pyros.

Data
25-06-2004, 03:50 PM
I like that fact that the surroundings are dangerous as well.

NegaFlare
29-06-2004, 03:14 AM
Yeah the W.A.R Room is the best. I like to use the jaguar and just go crazy with kicks.

Jwh D'Ar
29-06-2004, 06:15 AM
I still play OMF and use Katana or Gargoyle.

FreeFreddy
29-06-2004, 06:29 AM
Thorn is my favorite as his special moves (and I know them almost all) are easy to use and are devastating.

Hellblade
29-06-2004, 10:25 AM
A couple of years ago, a group of us (OMF veterans) discussed thoroughly about the best robot in the game. We were split into two parties, the Flails party and the Gargoyle party. I for one believe the Flails is the best.

Another thing, did you people ever play the most difficult tournament level? (titanium or something)

If you've maxed all your stats and completed the world tournament once or twice, you'll get to fight these "SHADOW" fighters. They don't necessarily use the robot Shadow, but they have real powerful chain-linked moves.
For example, the Jaguar robot could cast Concussion Cannons at you repeatedly nonstop until you die.

FreeFreddy
29-06-2004, 11:53 AM
These super-special moves like concussion cannons can be used by players too, just they are the most difficult to use (and to find the key combos for them out). My favorite was the ice-bolt from shadow which freezes the opponent (I hope I recall correct now) and I used to know almost all of them earlier, now I forgot almost all of that, didn't play OMF for long time now...

unclefester
01-07-2004, 09:32 AM
Could you tell me some jaguar moves? :wink:

The Niles
01-07-2004, 09:51 AM
I played the shareware version of OMF years ago and loved it. I was never able to find the full version and when I found it eventually I had forgotten how to play it. Still a nice enough game and a classic in its field.

Jwh D'Ar
02-07-2004, 06:15 AM
I sent an email to abandonia@abandonia.com wit the moves list and cheats.
Hope I helped.

FreeFreddy
02-07-2004, 09:48 AM
Someone has to do that, right? I'm lazy also, but when there's something big to do, just gather all your strength and do it, don't think about it, just do it. You'll wonder how simply and fast you're ready with that... (probably you know all that already, but, hey, I still want to reach Tom the Buddy with his number of posts. No, that's no spamming 8) )

unclefester
02-07-2004, 10:24 AM
I sent an email to abandonia@abandonia.com wit the moves list and cheats.
Hope I helped.

Could you also post them in this thread?

Jwh D'Ar
02-07-2004, 12:38 PM
Here's the moves for Jaguar:

D - Down
B - Back
U - Up
F - Forward
DF - Diagonally Down & Forward
DB - Diagonally Down & Back
UF - Diagonally Up & FOrward
UB - Diagonally Up & Back
P - Punch
K - Kick
Scrap Moves - Done at the end of the last round right after your opponent is knocked out.
Destrruction Moves - Done right after a scrap move.
Fire & Ice - Done right after a destruction move.
"-" - roll the keys to that direction
ex - D-DF-F - start at the down position and roll to the forward position.
"+" - press two buttons at the same time
ex - F+P - press forward and punch at the same time.
"," - press and release the direction or attack
ex - (jump), D+P - you would jump, then while in the air press down and punch

Jaguar Leap - D-DF-F+P
Shadow Jaguar Leap - B-DB-D-DF-F+P
Concussion Cannon - D-DB-B+P
(jump),D+P (when near opponent)
Scrap Move - D,D,U+P
Destruction Move - D,U+K (do this when opponent is lifted above your head)
Fire & Ice - U,D+K (done after destruction in Fire Arena)

Enjoy.

unclefester
02-07-2004, 08:13 PM
Thank you now I can trash anybody :twisted: :lol: :twisted: :lol:

unclefester
03-07-2004, 05:18 PM
I found the rest of the moves

THOSE OF YOU WHO WANT TO FIND THE MOVES BY THEMSELVES DO NOT REAd

One Must Fall 2097

PC
Advanced Options:
Press and hold 2097 in the Options menu for more options!

Metal from heaven:
While fighting, press REIN.
For even more, press BIG followed by a number (not on the keypad)...

Move List:

D - Down
B - Back
U - Up
F - Forward
DF - Diagonally Down & Forward
DB - Diagonally Down & Back
UF - Diagonally Up & FOrward
UB - Diagonally Up & Back
P - Punch
K - Kick

Scrap Moves - Done at the end of the last round right after your opponent is knocked out.

Destrruction Moves - Done right after a scrap move.

Fire & Ice - Done right after a destruction move.

"-" - roll the keys to that direction
ex - D-DF-F - start at the down position and roll to the forward position.

"+" - press two buttons at the same time
ex - F+P - press forward and punch at the same time.

"," - press and release the direction or attack
ex - (jump), D+P - you would jump, then while in the air press down and punch

Fire & Ice:
To get Fire you must have the difficulty level set on a MINIMUM of champion. Also, you must perform a destruction on your opponent while in the FIRE ARENA. After you have done the destruction, you must quickly execute the move to get to Fire.
To get Ice you must have the difficulty level set on ultimate. Also, you have to get to Fire and do a destruction on him.

Jaguar:
Jaguar Leap - D-DF-F+P
Shadow Jaguar Leap - B-DB-D-DF-F+P
Concussion Cannon - D-DB-B+P
(jump),D+P (when near opponent)
Scrap Move - D,D,U+P
Destruction Move - D,U+K (do this when opponent is lifted above your head)
Fire & Ice - U,D+K (done after destruction in Fire Arena)

Shadow:
Shadow Punch - D-DB-B+P
Shadow Slide - D-DB-B+K
Shadow Grab - D,D+P
Shadow Dive - (jump),D-DF-F+P
Scrap Move - B,F-UF-U-UB-B+P
Destruction Move - D,D,D+P (if you have trouble doing it, keep hitting D+P while the shadows hit your opponent)
Fire & Ice - D,D,D+P (if you have trouble, keep hitting D+P after while the big shadow smashes your opponent)

Thorn:
Speed Kick - D-DF-F+K
Shadow Speed Kick - B-DB-D-DF-F+K
Spike Charge - F,F+P
Off-The-Wall Attack - (jump against wall),DF+K
Scrap Move - B,B,F+P
Destruction Move - U,D+P (do it right after your opponent has been impaled)
Fire & Ice - U,U,D+P (do it right after your opponent goes through the floor if you have trouble, keep doing it over and over)

Pyros:
Super Thrust - F,F+P
Shadow Super Thrust - F,F,F+P
Jet Swoop - (jump),D+K
Fire Spin - D,P (down, release, then punch)
Scrap Move Part 1 - F,F,D,D+P
Scrap Move Part 2 - U+P (keep doing the move over and over until Pyros starts to speed up)
Destruction Move - D+P (keep doing the move over and over until your opponent blows up)
Fire & Ice - U,D,D+P (time it so that you press D+P right as your opponent explodes if you have trouble, turn the speed down a couple of notches and it should work)

Electra:
Lightning Ball - D-DB-B+P
Electric Shards - D-DF-F+P
Rolling Thunder - F,F+P
Shadow Rolling Thunder - D-DF-F,F+P
Scrap Move - D,F+P
Destruction Move - U-UF-F-DF-D+P (do it anytime while Electra is shocking your opponent)
Fire & Ice - F-DF-D+P (do it QUICKLY right after your opponent blows up if you have trouble keep doing it over and over while the lightning is striking)

Katana:
Rising Blade - D-DF-F+P
Shadow Rising Blade - B-DB-D-DF-F+P
Head Stomp - (jump),D+K (while over your opponent)
Forward Razor Spin - D-DF-F+K (press left or right to control direction right after he starts the spin)
Backward Razor Spin - D-DB-B+K (press left or right to control direction right after he starts the spin)
Scrap Move - F-DF-D-DB-B+P
Destruction Move - B-DB-D-DF-F+P (you dont have a lot of time to do this so do it RIGHT after your opponent gets hit if you have trouble, keep doing it over and over as fast as you can)
Fire & Ice - B-DB-D-DF-F+K (do it right after your opponent is sliced in half if you have trouble keep doing the move repeatedly as fast as you can)

Shredder:
Flying Hands - D-DB-B+P
Head-Butt - D-DF-F+P
Shadow Head-Butt - B-DB-D-DF-F+P
Flip Kick - D,D+K
Scrap Move - D,F+P
Destruction Move - D,U,U+P (do this at anytime while Shredder is screwing your opponent)
Fire & Ice - U-UB-B-DB-D+K (do this right after your opponent explodes if you have trouble keep doing it over and over while & after your opponent is in the air)

Flail:
Charge Punch - B,B+P
Shadow Charge Punch - D-DB-B,B+P
Slow Chain Spin - D,K
Fast Chain Spin - D,P
Spinning Throw Grab - F,F+K (while near opponent)
Scrap Part 1 - F,F,F+P
Scrap Part 2 - F,B+P (hit B+P right after your opponent is slammed into the wall if you have trouble, doing the move over and over again)
Destruction Move - B,F+P (do this when Flail turns around and starts toard the other wall if you have trouble, keep doing the move over and over)
Fire & Ice - F-DF-D-DB-B+K (keep doing the move over and over after your opponent blows up)

Gargoyle:
Wing Charge - F,F+P
Diving Claw Grab - (jump), D+K (when near your opponent)
Flying Talon - D-DF-F+P
Scrap Move - B-DB-D-DF-F+P
Destruction Move - D,U,D+P (do it right when Gargoyle lands on your opponent)
Fire & Ice - D,D,D+P (do it right when Gargoyle destroys your opponent and flies off the top of the screen if you have trouble, keep hitting D+P after Gargoyle flies off the top of the screen)

Chronos:
Stasis Activator - D-DB-B+P
Slow Stasis Activator - F-DF-D-DB-B+P
Matter Phasing - D-DB-B+K (can be done in air)
Teleport - D,P (you can control whether you end up on the left or right side of the screen by pressing left or right while Chronos is phasing out if you press no direction you will appear directly behind your opponent)
Scrap Move - D,F+P
Destruction Move - F,B,P (do it right when Chronos' hand goes through your opponents chest)
Fire & Ice - D-DB-B+P (do it right when your opponent blows up)

BrokenAngel
07-07-2004, 04:24 PM
the game is to fast in my pc...i dunno if the same thing is happening on ur pc? its like in turbo mode3x.....

FreeFreddy
07-07-2004, 05:01 PM
Do you play it in Windows XP or 98? You can use Slowdown there, get it here for free: http://newton.pbk-solutions.de/ncu_nbu/slowdown.htm
Or you can use DosBox from this site and adjust the speed there with CTRL+F11 (slower) and CTRL+F12 (faster).

unclefester
07-07-2004, 09:01 PM
Maybe you forgot to change the speed of the game. When i first played it was so fast that the opponent managed to get a perfect round

P.S. I am not that bad in this kind of games as you may have thought :sneaky: :twisted:

Eagle of Fire
25-09-2004, 04:48 AM
I played that game a very long time with the shareware version... I could trash any opponent with the Jaguar, and I beleive I could still do it anytime I want... Just a little practice and a nicely upgraded Jaguar and you're in business. :D

FreeFreddy
25-09-2004, 05:49 AM
Try out the Nova. It's little slow at the beginning, but as it begins to become faster and more powerful, it will crush almost all others quite easy. :sneaky:

MrSteven
04-01-2005, 01:48 PM
The game is very great. Only internet play never worked for me... :(
I always use Jaguar, he is really great :D

MoHo-
04-01-2005, 06:33 PM
OMF is one of those games you can play again and again. I remember playing this game when it first came out and beating everyone who challenged me :evil:

The combination with the players and the robots works great so you can chose what speed/power/endurance you have for your chosen robot.If you get The Nova you are virtually unstoppable, you can trash anyone without them even touching you. All the robots are great but my favourites were always jaguar and shadow :D

Download the game.....NOW :ok:

Garson007
29-01-2005, 12:17 PM
By far the best Fighting game ever. I quite like the Jaguar, to me it is the best bot out there. Shadows get a bit irritating on high levels, I must say. I played the shareware version to death, having high-level characters. I had something like 150 Wins and 8 Loses.

Epic is still one of the best Game Making Companies out there.

03-02-2005, 04:36 AM
anyone knows if the Katana bot is able 2 get any futher enhancement after e 5 shadow Rising Blade?? is he suppose 2 be able 2 shoot a fire bot? like 'FIRE' in the 1 player mode version. this is because u can cast ice from shadow!!

MadMax_FMM
03-02-2005, 12:03 PM
Great fighting game! I love the campaign and the possibility to improve your bot and your personal abbilities. I'm not a real fan of the genre, but OMF is a must (but really simple if you know the tricks). :D :whistle: :ok:

thesolutor
08-02-2005, 07:55 PM
Originally posted by MadMax_FMM@Feb 3 2005, 01:03 PM
Great fighting game! I love the campaign and the possibility to improve your bot and your personal abbilities. I'm not a real fan of the genre, but OMF is a must (but really simple if you know the tricks). :D :whistle: :ok:
http://www.megagames.com/news/html/freegam...tfall2097.shtml (http://www.megagames.com/news/html/freegames/onemustfall2097.shtml)

omf free and LEGAL!!!!

quatroking
03-03-2005, 06:21 PM
I love it! i have played somewhat of 2 years with my shareware version that i found on my Jazz jackrabbit 1 cd. i had in no-time a pyros in tournament mode!
now i have the full version and downloaded the shareware chars (from megagames) and selled al the stuff, buy a Nova, upgrade everything and there you have the master!

here, some GOOD cheats. (and the moves!)

Edit the file(s) fightr#.af and change the first byte to the desired
robot (ex: jaguar=0, nova=10), change the first 00 of the jag file to
0A and the nova to 00 (0A goes in the selected file, understand?) then
rename the files. Sound Effects Test:
Press/hold ALT-S-F on title screen to activate a new menu item in
the configuration menu (Sound Effects Test). Hehehehe. Choosing Hidden Difficulty levels
To choose Deadly Level (for ONE PLAYER only), keep pressing the right
arrow key even though it is on Champion Level already. Deadly will show
up after about 5-8 kep presses. To choose Ultimate level (for ONE PLAYER only), press and hold down these
keys: O+M+F. Press them together at once will let you choose Ultimate
level. If you are in Deadly Level and (may not be needed) in Hyper Mode,
doing a Destruction on certain boards will result in slightly modified
forms of the Destruction being done. To try this out, choose Jaguar
and fight in ONE PLAYER mode with Deadly Hyper on, and do a destruction
to opponent on the FIRE stage (the one with the 'grill' <-- BIG HINT on
the floor with the flying fireballs). Watch linoleum fly! *=(Hidden "Unranked Challengers" on a hard level)=*
Unranked Challengers pop up if you do a destruction on someone: Christian - Crystal's brother (when you defeat Crystal with destruction)
Jazz Jackrabbit - D'uh (defeat #2 rank)
Eva Earlong - Jazz's Girl (in World Championship)
Devan Shell - Arch Foe of Jazz Jackrabbit (W.C.)
Bethany - Girl who says "Don't hurt me" while she kicks yer behind (W.C.)
Angel - The "moontian" (W.C.)
Iceman - Shows up when you beat a female (Or #1 in NorthAm). Defeat Iceman
with Shadow to get the Ice Floor Freeze in Tournament mode!
Nicoli - Mysterious person who fights you when you beat #1 in W.C.
FIRE - In Fireball Stage, Do a destruction (Only in one player, not two
then keep repeating the destruction (Only known to work by using
Jaguar, Electra, and Shadow, so send me the rest!)
If you defeat FIRE using Katana, you will get a new move for
Katana: FIREBALL (as done by Fire himself): D,B+P
ICE - in Ultimate difficulty only. After defeating Fire, do a destruction
on him and then keep repeating the move for the destruction.
If you defeat ICE using Shadow, you will get a new move for Shadow:
ICE FREEZE (as don by ICE _and_ Iceman): F,D,B+P
Steel Claw - Cyborg from Hell (I think he's an Iron Fist member)
*** Beat Steel Claw and get a Special Item! ***
*** For Jaguar, it's two cannons in one shot ***
*** Other robots get some other enhancements ***
*** Note: Some other HUD's can give you the ***
*** enhancements instead of Steel Claw. :) ***
*** Having gotten more than one enhancement ***
*** will make your 'bot a _LOT_ better (hint)*** To change the colors of the 'bots in 2-player or 1-player:
use your keyboard in the 'bot selection phase, hit the 1,2 and 3 key
for 'bot one's color (not keypad) and the 4,5 and 6 key to change the
color of the second 'bot.

Some stuff to type while playing: In any menu except the gameplay menu, press and hold 2097 for 2 sec.
Then go to Gameplay menu and you'll have access to an advanced options
menu. While playing, press and hold BIG and any number from 1-9 to increase
or decrease amound of scrap falling off a robot when hit. While playing, press and hold REIN for 2 seconds to get a lot of
scrap falling from the top of the screen. ** Please note ** In all the editing below there appears to be
differences in the registered and unregistered versions
As always back up your files before editing them! Using debug, enter: debug [savegame.chr]
at the - prompt, enter: E 128 FF FF FF (for the big money cheat) E 11C C1 E8 C3 EA
E 204 34 71 A2 (for max MECH power, speed, armor, stun res)
E 210 54 30 AC
E 214 64 50 D0 E 120 D4 C1 D6 (for max PILOT power, agility, endurance E 11B C4 (to use PYRO)
E 11B C5 (to use THORN)
E 11B C6 (to use SHADOW)
E 11B C7 (to use JAGUAR) To exit debug and save your changes enter:
W
Q Wait, here's another one. Hi there. Well, ive been busy with my hex editor tonight,
and I have found which offset in a .CHR file that the robot
type is stored in. Anyways, with any hex editor, go to offset
$1B, and below input any byte number, e.g if it's C7(Jaguar)
change it to CD and you get a Nova. Here's all the robot's below C0=Flail
C1=Shredder
C2=Katana
C3=Electra
C4=Pyros
C5=Thorn
C6=Shadow
C7=Jaguar(default robot when you start a new tournament)
CD=Nova
CE=Chronos
CF=Gargoyle And even more! Bytes 33, 34, and 35 affect your agility, power, and endurance
(I believe in that order, although I'm not sure). While the
highest level possible for each of these attributes within the
game is 25, you can actually set it far above the "maximum".
Try setting byte 33 to AF, byte 34 to B0, and byte 35 to B1.
I believe these are the absolute maximums. Now your character
will be a virtual god, being able to jump off the screen (do a
spring jump for the best effect!), inflict up to 192 points of
damage, and more. Bytes 41, 42, 43 and 44 control the money. Set them all to A0
for 2 BILLION DOLLARS!!! Bytes 45, 46, and 47 control the robot colors. (Try this combo,
it's my favorite: D1, D0, D3) You've already covered byte 28... Bytes 29, 30, 31, and 32 control the robot abilities (arm speed,
leg speed, etc). They can be set above the normal maximum, BUT
the game always seems to mess up, and you mystically end up
millions of dollars in debt. If you really want max abilities,
I would just use the money trick and buy the stuff you want.
Much simpler. Here are some of the "normal" maximums, though: Jaguar 0D D1 62 EB
Pyros 40 D1 CC D2
Thorn C1 D8 2F EB
Shadow 0D E9 23 D3 (Can you tell I don't have the registered version yet?) Byte 27 controls the rank, which you can do some pretty neat
things with. I have the shareware version, so I don't know
how this will apply to the full version, but I'll post it
anyway. In the North American tourney, you start in 11th
place. If you set your rank BELOW this, go into the tournament
and go to the arena, you will find a secret character there!
You can enter the arena over and over again, win or lose, to
fight the same secret character. Don't forget to remember your
old rank so you can set it back when you're done! Here are the
values and the corresponding special characters: Iceman CA (Rank 12) Some other values: C7 (Rank 1)
Jazzy CB (Rank 13) C4 (Rank 2)
Christian C8 (Rank 14) CD (Rank 11)
Steel Claw C9 (Rank 15) --- another one --- debug filename.chr
-e128 A0 A0 A0 A0
-w
-q This gives you over two billion dollars!  on the internet and had to pass along:
It is basically the same thing as above but more detailed. - NOTE:: For this DOC to be effective, you first
- need to Decode the .chr file with: OMFTRANS.EXE
IMPORTANT - - You need at least v1.5 of OMFTRANS for the info
IMPORTANT - - of the opponents to make any sense at all.
- Please refer to end of DOC for more information __________________________________________________ ____________________
/__________________________________________________ ___________________/|
| Offset | Function / Values / Description ||
|~~~~~~~~~|~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~||
| 04 - 13 | Pilot Name: ||
| | ||
| | Stored in standard IBM ASCII ||
| 16 + 17 | Wins: ||
| | ||
| | Stored in standard byte-swapped-order. ||
| | MSB = 17, LSB = 16 ||
| 18 + 19 | Loses: ||
| | ||
| | MSB = 19, LSB = 18 ||
| 1A | Rank: ||
| | ||
| | Stored as normal HEX value ||
| 1B | Robot Type: ||
| | ||
| | Values: 00 = Jaguar 01 = Shadow 02 = Thorn ||
| | 03 = Pyros 04 = Electra 05 = Katana ||
| | 06 = Shredder 07 = Flail 08 = Gargoyle ||
| | 09 = Chronos 0A = Nova ||
| 1C + 1D | Arm Power, Leg Power and Arm Speed: ||
| | ||
| | Offset: 1D 1C ||
| | Bits: x0000000 00000000 x = unused ||
| | ___/____/___/ AS = Arm Speed ||
| | AS LP AP LP = Leg Power ||
| | AP = Arm Power ||
| | ||
| | Note: 5 Bits needed for each Attribute, expect erratic ||
| | behaviour if attribute is changed above Level 10 ||
| 1E + 1F | Leg Speed, Armor and Stun Res: ||
| | ||
| | Offset: 1F 1E ||
| | Bits: x0000000 00000000 x = unused ||
| | ___/____/___/ SR = Stun Res ||
| | SR A LS A = Armor ||
| | LS = Leg Speed ||
| | ||
| | Note: 5 Bits needed for each Attribute, expect erratic ||
| | behaviour if attribute is changed above Level 10 ||
| 20 + 21 | Power and Agility: ||
| | ||
| | Offset: 21 20 ||
| | Bits: xx000000 00000000 x = unused ||
| | ______/_____/ PWR = Power ||
| | PWR AGL AGL = Agility ||
| | ||
| | Note: 7 Bits needed for each Attribute ||
| 22 | Endurance: ||
| | ||
| | Bits: x0000000 x = unused ||
| | _____/ ||
| | Endurance ||
| | ||
| | Note: 7 Bits needed for Attribute ||
| 28 - 2B | Money: ||
| | ||
| | MSB = 2B, LSB = 28 ||
| 2C - 2E | Robot Color: ||
| | ||
| | Offset: 2E - Main Body Color ||
| | 2C - Secondary Body Color ||
| | 2D - Third Body Color ||
| | ||
| | Values: 00 = Light Blueish 08 = Dark Gray ||
| | 01 = Red 09 = Black ||
| | 02 = Cyan - Greenish 0A = Light Gray ||
| | 03 = Light Magenta 0B = Light Orange ||
| | 04 = Dark Yellow 0C = Dark Orange ||
| | 05 = Dark Blue 0D = Light Yellow ||
| | 06 = Orange 0E = Dark Magenta ||
| | 07 = Light White 0F = Light Cyan ||
| | 10 = Default colors for pilot ||
| | ||
| | NOTE: Im not sure what happens when you choose values othr||
| | than these, but I think it just assumes the default ||
| | color for the current pilot. ||
| 9B | Difficulty Level: ||
| | ||
| | Bits: 00000000 = 00 = Aluminum (Easy) ||
| | 00001000 = 08 = Iron (Medium) ||
| | 00010000 = 10 = Steel (Hard) ||
| | 00011000 = 18 = Heavy Metal ||
| A6 | Jaguar Enhancment: ||
| | ||
| | 00 - No Enhancement ||
| | 01 - Double Concussion Cannon [ D,B+P ] ||
| | Air Jaguar Leap [ (Jump) D,F+P ] ||
| | 02 - Triple Concussion Cannon [ D,B+P ] ||
| A7 | Shadow Enhancement: ||
| | ||
| | 01 - Air Shadow Grab [ (Jump) D,B+P ] ||
| | 03 - Ice Freeze [ F,D,B+P ] ||
| A8 | Thorn Enhancement: ||
| | ||
| | 01 - Air Speed Kick [ (Jump) D,F+K ] ||
| | 03 - Air Off-Wall Attack [ (Jump) D,B+K ] ||
| A9 | Pyros Enhancement: ||
| | ||
| | 01 - Air Super Thrust [ (Jump) F,F+P ] ||
| AA | Electra Enhancement: ||
| | ||
| | 01 - Double Ball Lightning [ D,B+P ] ||
| | Long Range Electric Shards [ D,F+P ] ||
| | 02 - Triple Ball Lightning [ D,B+P ] ||
| AB | Katana Enhancemnt: ||
| | ||
| | 01 - Quadruple Rising Blade [ B,D,F+P ] ||
| | 03 - Quintiple Rising Blade [ B,D,F+P ] ||
| | Fire Ball [ D,B+P ] ||
| AC | Shredder Enhancement: ||
| | ||
| | 01 - Long Range Flying Hands [ D,B+P ] ||
| AD | Flail Enhancement: ||
| | ||
| | 01 - Moving Slow Swinging Chains [ D,K (while moving) ] ||
| | 02 - Moving Fast Swinging Chains [ D,P (while moving) ] ||
| AE | Gargoyle Enhancement: ||
| | ||
| | 01 - Air Wing Charge [ (jump) F,F+P ] ||
| | ||
| AF | Chronos Enhancement: ||
| | ||
| | Does he have ANY enhancements?? ||
| B0 | Nova Enhancement?? ||
| | ||
| | Does he have ANY enhancements?? ||
|*1C0-203 | Opponent at Rank 1's Information ||
|*204-248 | Opponent at Rank 2's Information ||
|*248-28C | Opponent at Rank 3's Information ||
|*... | ... ||
|*Opponent| Each Opponent occupies 44h bytes in file, starting at offt||
| Info: | 1C0h ||
| . | ||
| . | The offsets that follow are relative to the starting locat||
| . | of a single opponent. ||
|~~~~.~~~~|~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~||
|*00 - 0F | Opponent's Name: ||
| . | ||
| . | Stored in standard IBM ASCII ||
|*12 + 13 | Opponent's Wins ||
| . | ||
| . | Stored in standard byte-swapped-order. ||
| . | MSB = 13, LSB = 12 ||
|*14 + 15 | Opponent's Loses ||
| . | ||
| . | Stored in standard byte-swapped-order. ||
| . | MSB = 15, LSB = 14 ||
|*16 . | Opponent's Rank: ||
| . | ||
| . | Stored as normal HEX value ||
|*17 . | Opponent's Robot Type: ||
| . | ||
| . | Refer to Player's Robot Type above. ||
|*19 + 1A | Opponent's Arm Power, Leg Power and Arm Speed: ||
| . | ||
| . | Refer to Player's Arm Power, Leg Power and Arm Speed above||
|*1B + 1C | Opponent's Leg Speed, Armor and Stun Res: ||
| . | ||
| . | Refer to Player's Leg Speed, Armor and Stun Res above. ||
|*1D . 1E | Opponent's Power and Agility: ||
| . | ||
| . | Refer to Player's Power and Agility above. ||
|*1F . | Opponent's Endurance: ||
| . | ||
| . | Refer to Player's Endurance above. ||
`~~~~~~~~~`~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~'
* = Needs at least OMFTRANS.EXE v1.5

11-03-2005, 07:16 PM
:Titan: Man this is awesome i can download a classic like this!! :ok:

Kearnsy
10-04-2005, 02:36 PM
if you go through the tournment mode a few times Killian challenges you in an electra...

and he's a lot better than before!!! :sneaky:

10-04-2005, 03:13 PM
can someone help me,when i load the game and choose character then click "yes" screen turns black and sound blaster or watever starts to make noisi sound :blink: ,can someone help me to fix that ,i oredy tryed to turn off sounds and nothing helps...please help me

plague
07-05-2005, 08:52 AM
My opinion about OMF when it was released

Gameplay: 10
Graphics: 10
Sound: 10
Addictive: 10

My opinion about OMF now

Gameplay: 9
Graphics: 8
Sound: 9
Addictive: 10

It's still pretty good game after all those years. Simple, fast and addictive (I suppose that this is also the recipe of good fighting game).

Oldie Goldie
14-05-2005, 06:30 PM
One of the best Beat'm Up games ever created. You can upgrade your robots, your character and you also can change the colour. The money system was also very intelligence, so you could win more money if you fight with tactic and combos.

PS: You could also do Finnishing Moves like Mortal Combat so you got alot of extra money. :kosta:
Not to forget the increddible TV-News from the fights. :D

Dreg&#39;atar
14-05-2005, 07:01 PM
i think that the Katana is the best robot when you know the special moves
and the worst i think is gargoyle,

what do you think is the best robot?? or the worst??

Undertaker
17-05-2005, 09:02 PM
In tournament mode, I like the Jaguar best with all his enhancements; You can perform two Jaguar Leapes followed up with an Overhead Trow in a row!! :D
After that I like the Nova and the Katana with the *third enhancement best.

In single and multiplayer mode I like the Jaguar best as well!! :ok:

The worst bot agaist the AI is IMHO the Chronos; the AI always sees the teleports coming. In one player mode it doesn't do bad with Jean-Paul; it has a 4-hit combo that stuns most opponents and if you use it again when they're stunned they're defeated! It goes like this: jump kick, fierce kick, fierce punch.
In multiplayer Cronos rocks!

The worst bot overall is the Gargoyle I think... even though the AI stinks in the Air Grab 99% of the time :bleh: . It doesn't do much damage, has short range and is easily stunned... I heard it got a lot better in OMF BG though!

Check http://www.bkkbazaar.com/omf/ for all moves, fatalities, cheats, utils, tournaments and more!

* The third enhancement cannot be obtained legally in the game, because of a bug. You're supposed to get it after you destroy Iceman in the World Championship. Instead, you can cheat or download a tournament with a character to obtain it from.

samtam90
18-05-2005, 01:18 PM
This is the best fighting game i have ever played. Period. I loved everything in the game when i played a little demo and still love it when i found the full version. The characters are great, the tournament mod is great, the robots are great. I think everyone should play this because i think it's one of the best game ever made!

I also like the colors of Raven's great Pyros! :D

Kearnsy
18-05-2005, 01:19 PM
Im also a big Jaguar fan. but I recently found the shredder and Katana to be very good also.

The most annoying bots to fight are Flail and Pyros!!! Their range can just piss you right off sometimes! :ranting:

Undertaker
20-05-2005, 07:27 AM
Originally posted by Kearnsy@May 18 2005, 01:19 PM
Im also a big Jaguar fan. but I recently found the shredder and Katana to be very good also.

The most annoying bots to fight are Flail and Pyros!!! Their range can just piss you right off sometimes! :ranting:
Have you faced a Nova already? :D

I was just thinking, I hope it's still possible to play OMF online... that would be soooo cool! :max:

I'd also like to add some moves you can unlock by getting enhancements:

Jaguar first enhancement:
- Double Jaguar Leap - perform Jaguar Leap twice
- Shadow Jaguar Leap to jump kick: press kick after the Shadow Jaguar Leap

Second enhancement:
- Double Jaguar Leap to Overhead Throw - perform Jaguar Leap twice and then the Overhead Throw

Shadow first enhancement:
- Air Shadow Grab - D, B + P (in air)

Third enhancement:
Floor Freeze - F, D, B + K

Thorn first enhancement:
- Double Speed Kick - perform Speed Kick twice

Second enhancement:
- Mid-air Off-the-wall-Attack - D, B + K

Katana third enhancement:
- Fireball - D, B + P

Flail first/second (not sure) enhancement:
- Swinging Chains to Charging Punch to Spinning Throw - perform these moves in succession

Psyonara
23-05-2005, 01:56 PM
hehe OMF Fans Cool

it's been a year since i last played this game, soon i'll play again, but i don't understand that the flail can be that good?

for the contanders i know i am still unrivaled in The Jaguar even in single player mode difficulty deadly.

2 player mode as well, but damn i have a cool jag, with 4 plasma beams upgrade plus controll overthem can get wit my special combo of 7 tot 10 hits :kosta:

but the four plasma upgrade has its flaw, but 3 is perfect.

ill never wanne loose this save do muhaha

Undertaker
23-05-2005, 07:42 PM
The Jag doesn't have a four plasm shot! The move can do four hits, but that's because the first it is a sort of headbutt...

But we oughta find out if it's still possible to do multiplayer...

TheChosen
24-05-2005, 07:39 AM
I just tried it....
What a GREAT GAME!

24-05-2005, 07:12 PM
:D This game is too cool. :Tom:

Kearnsy
27-05-2005, 01:02 PM
Have you faced a Nova already?*

Yes, and played withit. I still like the Jag the best.
I might be thinking of a different game but I thought that there was some kind of multiplayer... Maybe.

Undertaker
28-05-2005, 06:46 PM
Originally posted by Kearnsy@May 27 2005, 01:02 PM
Have you faced a Nova already?*

Yes, and played withit. I still like the Jag the best.
I might be thinking of a different game but I thought that there was some kind of multiplayer... Maybe.
Yeah, before the game starts you can also select multiplayer, but I don't think epic site still features MP for this game ...

domenicus
12-09-2005, 09:32 PM
This is a great game, one of the best fighting games i think! :ok:

I heard once that you could change what challengers say in the torunament and their pics. Someone knows somethign about that, ot it´s only a rumor? :help:

the dude
13-09-2005, 02:40 AM
this game rocks. jaguar , fully upgraded , can tear nova a new butthole :w00t:

katana is really good too. his uppercut is invincible to attacks for the first several frames. it can interuupt anything.cheap!

Kearnsy
17-09-2005, 09:58 AM
If anyone wants a true challenge you'll need to play Killian in tourniment mode (in his electra not shadow) on the hardest difficulty.
I just tried it and got torn to shreads!!!!! (and im not bad at this game!)

Undertaker
17-09-2005, 08:33 PM
Originally posted by domenicus@Sep 12 2005, 09:32 PM
This is a great game, one of the best fighting games i think! :ok:

I heard once that you could change what challengers say in the torunament and their pics. Someone knows somethign about that, ot it´s only a rumor? :help:
You'll need a tournament editor for that. But I've never been able to get one working... :ranting:

a15drian
24-11-2005, 11:50 AM
hmmm there's a cheat to play with nova in single player let me look ...

Eva02Soul
24-11-2005, 12:06 PM
One of my favourite fighting games. The speed of the thing just blew me away when I first played it, and the pilot/mech relationship was good too. I don't even bother buying new mechs in the tourny, just upgrade my jaguar until it moves like Bruce Lee on Crack

Bear
24-11-2005, 03:46 PM
great game! i played this for hours:)
i was unbeatable with the shadow bot :bleh:

Haarmensch
13-01-2006, 08:14 PM
I used to play with Jaguar all the time but it's been so long ago my fingers don't even remember the special moves anymore.
:cry:

Thanks Abandonia to post this game

Gamefreak
13-01-2006, 09:08 PM
Originally posted by Haarmensch@Jan 13 2006, 09:14 PM
I used to play with Jaguar all the time but it's been so long ago my fingers don't even remember the special moves anymore.
:cry:
Look here: DLH (http://dlh.net/chtdb/chtindex.php?lang=&sys=pc&match=One+Must+Fall+2097)

duckpatch
14-01-2006, 02:07 AM
Yay now I can play the full version! I kicked behind on shareware :P

Kearnsy
14-01-2006, 04:26 AM
^ oh yeah I had that too. Only three bots and 1 match of tourniment...great... :yawn: LOL

gigabites
09-03-2006, 11:12 AM
Man... The best beat'em up game i have ever played...

Great game to train Your reflexes :D

Jaguar is the best! The others can't move as fast as this baby...

Gamefreak
09-03-2006, 01:32 PM
Oh yes, they can. Just thinking of Gargoyle or Thorn...

04-04-2006, 09:07 PM
Hi! :bye:

I've downloaded the game and have to run it in Dosbox. The only problem I have is that I'm not sure how fast the game is meant to be. By default it runs too slowly and I'm not sure what I should increase it to. Can anyone help?

Icewolf
05-04-2006, 08:32 AM
You should tell us your computer specifications because increasing the cycles has a different effect related to your system.

Gamefreak
05-04-2006, 11:16 AM
You can also increase the game speed in the game's options in the menu, as far as I know. Then the game will run faster.

Tervez
05-04-2006, 03:56 PM
A great game. My personal favorites are Shadow and Katana. Shadow is good because he has very fast attacks, and fully boosted moves so fast that the computer is pretty much helpless. Katana is good because of is Rising Blade and Head Stomp. (Yes i abused Head Stomp; at some dificulties the enemy just doesn`t block it and just stands there when his head is being pushed so deep in his body that he has to take off his pants to say "Hello." Other good bot is Jaguar because of the reasons we all probably know.

guesst
05-04-2006, 08:04 PM
All i ever did was get my shadow's speed up quickly. Once you had a shadow with full speed you could infinately combo by shadow grabbing then low kicking (the sh8t out of) your opponent. Of course, if your strength was too low you'd be kicking there for a long time, but ti worked every time.

Rat dink I know.

Guest_MARIO
01-05-2006, 04:26 PM
I can't set the perfect settings! (I use dosbox) Some setting make the sound bad, others - the motion -slow! Help - give optimal settings for dosbox specially for this game...Please help!

velik_m
01-05-2006, 04:35 PM
Originally posted by Guest_MARIO@May 1 2006, 04:26 PM
I can't set the perfect settings! (I use dosbox) Some setting make the sound bad, others - the motion -slow! Help - give optimal settings for dosbox specially for this game...Please help!
the optimal settings depend on your computer's settings. They are different for everyone.

Vitas
16-05-2006, 03:09 PM
Ahh yes, one must fall... my favourite was the casual jaguar bot... oh those were the times...;)

jdb1917
16-05-2006, 09:53 PM
hehehe nice to see other people play this game . enyone actually unlock enything yet like fire or ice i cant remember how i got em but boy do they fly ice can freeze the oponent oh and he is a shadow . fire is a katana and he can shoot a fireball like jaguars concusion cannon well c ya ;)

Icewolf
17-05-2006, 07:35 AM
I never really got the scrap moves done... Neither the F&I... :cry:

Undertaker
13-06-2006, 07:29 PM
The Scrap moves are really easy... after you've KO'ed your opponent (in the final round, in case you need two wins or more) and your bot does his victory pose, execute the commands for the Scrap. The easiest bot to perform a Scrap & Destruction would be Chronos (Down, Forward, Punch and Forward, Backward, Punch if I remember correctly). Jaguar is easy, too. The hardest bot would be Katana (Forward, Down forward, Down, Down back, Back, Punch, to Back, Down back, Down, Down forward, Forward, Punch. Both must be executed in a rolling motion). You can execute the Scrap anytime in your bot's victory pose (some bots can do the Scrap even before that, if you're fast enough) until all the bonus points are added to your score. Hope this is any help! :ok:

guesst
14-06-2006, 03:02 AM
The scraps, once you accomplish them, are really a bit of a let down. Nothing more than one of the punches or kicks and then your enemy blows up or gets cut in half or some other plain jane ending. They just limited what they could do to "don't draw any new poses/cels" so they're kinda not worth the effort it takes to execute them.

Undertaker
18-06-2006, 04:03 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(guesst @ Jun 14 2006, 03:02 AM) 236591</div>
The scraps, once you accomplish them, are really a bit of a let down. Nothing more than one of the punches or kicks and then your enemy blows up or gets cut in half or some other plain jane ending. They just limited what they could do to "don't draw any new poses/cels" so they're kinda not worth the effort it takes to execute them.
[/b]

That's not true; in Tournament Mode, the score you've got after a fight is the bonus money you get. After executing a Scrap or Destruction, you get a bonus that is very well worth the effort (400K for a destruction on Heavy Metal). Furthermore, Scraps and Destructions may lead to being challenged by unranked challengers. Defeating them is rewarded with a lot of money, and destructing them will sometimes be rewarded with an enhancement for your bot, depending on your bot and your opponent.

dragonLancer
18-06-2006, 07:30 PM
Yeah I Love Jaguars Scrap... Jaguar's really quick so I always used him till I opend up Nova or whatever his name is LOL Its been a while since I played but me and my friend use to sit and my room for hours playing this game... I still use it somtime mostly to re-ajust my joystic if i need to cause Its a great way to configure it, plus its one of the first games I ever used my joystic for- Minus Star wars Tie Fighter :) :) :) one of the best games ever!

Shhejtan
24-06-2006, 04:29 PM
Still one of the best games out there, not just the best fighting game. I's so amazing how may moves and strategies you can perform (with different bots and pilot configurations) with only two attack buttons.

But the gargoyle is so powerfull it's just rediculous. Way too fast punches.

Also, I've played this game a million times and I've never managed to do either a scrap or a destreuction. :angry:

Undertaker
25-06-2006, 08:55 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Shhejtan @ Jun 24 2006, 04:29 PM) 239396</div>
Still one of the best games out there, not just the best fighting game. I's so amazing how may moves and strategies you can perform (with different bots and pilot configurations) with only two attack buttons.

But the gargoyle is so powerfull it's just rediculous. Way too fast punches.

Also, I've played this game a million times and I've never managed to do either a scrap or a destreuction. :angry:
[/b]

Look a couple of post above for some pointers from me. ;)

Edit: On the previous page, that is. ^_^

13-09-2006, 05:05 AM
sorry... none of the bots beat the NOVA

haaahaa

Scatty
13-09-2006, 06:12 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Guest @ Sep 13 2006, 07:05 AM) 254708</div>
sorry... none of the bots beat the NOVA

haaahaa
[/b]
But only when he's fought few fights and is well-upgraded already. Otherwise he's pretty slow, and other bots can take advantage of him relative easy.

Undertaker
27-09-2006, 12:56 PM
And even then it still isn't top tier, in my humble opinion. Versus the computer, Jaguar is simply better, and that's in all stages of the game.

Some people think Shredder is even better than Jaguar, for it's heavy damage combo's.

I have no clue about multiplayer, though. Anyway, Nova is a good, well rounded bot with excellent range, but it can only be used properly if it's already dominating it's opponent; Nova just plain sucks until you've completely upgraded it (which is REALLY expensive) and even then you have some work left on your pilot. Plus it can't get any enhancements (well, actually it can, but they don't seem to do anything).

27-09-2006, 04:29 PM
In my opinion there's another bot that's better than Jaguar - Thorn. With that one it's easy to own enemy bots even on early stages, and later on. This bot is my favorite one. The bots that really suck, I think, are Gargoyle and this teleporting bot with balls on arms ends and a triangle in it's chest, forgot it's name right now.

Undertaker
04-10-2006, 07:56 PM
That's Chronos. Yes, against the computer it sucks. But I've heard he really shines in multiplayer. Unfortunately, I have no multiplayer experience to speak of...

Ah, yes. Good old Thorn. Indeed, he rippes through bots like butter, doesn't he ;) ? He does need to be used a bit careful, since all of his special moves can be countered when blocked. You also can't follow up on his throw, unlike the Jaguar. But when used right, he's nearly unstoppable. He also benefits hugely from enhancements, though not as much as Jaguar. He's my next favorite, after the Jaguar.

14-12-2006, 09:33 AM
Wow, my first post ever :)

I *love* this game and used to play it all the time... The Katana is my absolute favourite. I also played with Jaguar, Shadow and Nova a lot.

Now I have the same problem as a few other people here.. I finally got the sounds working right with DosBox, but now the game plays slooooooow. How can I speed it up/ make the sounds right without DosBox?

Halo
14-12-2006, 09:35 AM
^That was me, forgot to log in :D *blondie*

Saphire
14-12-2006, 03:13 PM
You can speed up the emulation of DosBox with CTRL+F12, it should do the job :)

Halo
14-12-2006, 03:52 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Saphire @ Dec 14 2006, 06:13 PM) 271707</div>
You can speed up the emulation of DosBox with CTRL+F12, it should do the job :)
[/b]

Ah, it's ALIVE! :kosta:

18-03-2007, 02:58 AM
omg One Must Fall!!! We had the shareware version I think? So we only had 3 robots to choose from. I always used I think Thorn? Not sure on the name, the one with the 3 'claws' for hands. I always did crouching punches, it made it look like I was stabbing where the robot was connected LOL.

AndyX
13-08-2007, 06:09 PM
just found this game again, awesome :kosta:

is it possible to play it over the internet? would be really great :]

AndyX
17-08-2007, 07:05 PM
it´s not possible? :huh:

Icewolf
20-08-2007, 07:47 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(AndyX @ Aug 17 2007, 09:05 PM) 305181</div>it´s not possible? :huh:[/b]Hi!
It says here on Abandonia Reloaded (http://www.reloaded.org) that the remake of OMF 2097 (http://reloaded.org/download/One-Must-Fall-2097/136/) is playable via internet. :ok:

21-08-2007, 12:26 PM
thanks!

17-09-2007, 10:09 AM
god i loved this game . a fully upgrades shadow could wreak havoc on a foe . you might argue that it was a weak bot but when used right you could perfect a foe almost every time

Undertaker
04-11-2007, 10:13 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Icewolf @ Aug 20 2007, 07:47 AM) 305605</div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(AndyX @ Aug 17 2007, 09:05 PM) 305181it´s not possible? :huh:[/b]Hi!
It says here on Abandonia Reloaded (http://www.reloaded.org) that the remake of OMF 2097 (http://reloaded.org/download/One-Must-Fall-2097/136/) is playable via internet. :ok:
[/b][/quote]

I don't think it's a remake. Or at least it doesn't say it is.

DeathDude
04-11-2007, 10:15 PM
Nope, the One Must Fall 2097 version at AR is the original game, not a remake.

WolverineDK
05-11-2007, 02:57 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(DeathDude @ Nov 5 2007, 12:15 AM) 318262</div>
Nope, the One Must Fall 2097 version at AR is the original game, not a remake.
[/b]

Rob Elam (the man who holds the source code) is an arse of not getting his fingers out. And releasing the source code to this great gem of a fighting game.

Sir Frizz
07-01-2008, 01:57 PM
I loved OMF as kid. I wanted a copy of it for Christmas once, but got Road And Track Presents: The Need For Speed instead.

I've now played this to more or less completion on Tournament mode with my trusty Jaguar. His upgraded Concussion Cannon used in a combo can pretty much wipe out the best computer opponent in less than 15 seconds.

As for which robots were meant to be the best, wan't that supposed to be Gargoyle? It used to be unbeatable in the air, and it gets the better of me around half the time on my way to maxing my stats on Heavy Metal. A really irritating opponent in which none of the others even come close to it.

Can't quite remember which was second, may have been Elektra. Though it's subjective and depends on whether you're playing single player or Tournament mode. Either way, Pyros was generally considered to be one of the worst alongside Nova in single player. Flail is mid-tier, but owns the floor, with Jaguar Upper-mid due to his Overhead Throw.

It gets discussed in a bit of detail in one of the FAQS over at GameFAQS, if anyone's interested.

Kearnsy
31-01-2008, 12:57 PM
Wow, didnt know it was that big.
I love my Jag too, just to lay in with kicks mostly and the shredder is good fun.
If you look at bot upgrades some of the bots have huge advantages with Katana, flail, shadow and gargole seeming strong (from memory).

Great game usually get bored once the stats are maxed out thought!

Adamg
01-03-2008, 05:28 PM
One Must Fallllll! :nuts: That was one of my favorite games when I was a young teenager. One of the very best, if not the best, futuristic fighting game out there, in my opinion.

KrisViking
18-07-2008, 11:13 PM
I remember first installing a demo from a cd back in 1997 and thought it looked interesting, needless to say I got hooked and played the demo alot.

I played the demo over many years and about a year or so ago was looking it up since I wanted to know if there was any way I could get my hands on the full version. Since I had never been able to find it I was ecstatic when I discovered it had been released and therefore legally downloadable. I downloaded it and have not stopped since. I love this game and will play it as long as I am able to.

I think the graphics are great for the time, especially being able to customise the colour of your robot. The robots are originally designed and fun. The music fits very nicely into it all and I find myself humming along despite not liking techno otherwise.

My favourite robots:
The Jaguar which is first and foremost in my mind due to it being very nicely balanced and elegant, looks very good and can kick other bots through sheer speed.
Secondly there's the Katana which I like despite being slow. The Katana has some nice moves, a very nice look and with the right colours is a masterpiece.
My 3rd and final favourite is the Nova which, despite being a little too bulky, looks good, has nice special moves like the earthquake smash, has at least a half-decent speed and hence kicks some serious metallic ass.

Adis
30-09-2008, 07:04 AM
As far as I remebrer this game has good graphics and good sound. What else you need from this kind of game :OK: My rate is 5.

tommyLee
22-10-2008, 01:32 PM
OMF was SUCH a great game! I played this game for dozens and dozens of hours when I was younger!

The Fifth Horseman
14-11-2008, 07:15 AM
Hm. We have the floppy version and there seems to be a CD version out there. :whistling:

WolverineDK
15-11-2008, 06:20 AM
Hm. We have the floppy version and there seems to be a CD version out there. :whistling:

Yes, and of course you are allowed to give them the link. That is why I uploaded it to megaupload.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=ZHS6VH58

The Fifth Horseman
15-11-2008, 10:13 AM
Last evening I checked a copy from another source. :/
The only difference between the versions is a bunch of demos for other games stuck on the disc. :(

WolverineDK
15-11-2008, 03:45 PM
Last evening I checked a copy from another source. :/
The only difference between the versions is a bunch of demos for other games stuck on the disc. :(

Well my version is the one I will share untill megaupload screws them self over. So please share my link to everybody.

The Fifth Horseman
15-11-2008, 05:20 PM
No problemo :)

Catwafer
18-11-2008, 03:47 AM
This game was awesome. My pyro owned quite a bit of ass.
The insults made before the fight starts were always entertaining to me. :max:

RocknRolla1-2
24-06-2009, 01:12 AM
I loved the jaguar with its concussion canon and chucking other bots into the walls! Good Times..

Berlioz
06-11-2009, 09:06 AM
I just downloaded it and I still remember most of the moves! :-D
What a great game, we spend hours wrecking huge robots.
Best robot is of course Electra! Incredible good standard attacks, fast as a lightning and the best defensive special ever. Its other specials even combo! 15-hit-comboes? No problem! The only other 'bot with this kind of combo power is the Shredder, but it's no good otherwise and extremely difficult to use. (There's somewhere a shredder.rec on the nets, with a replay of a devastating 18-hit Shredder combo.)
Sadly the AI has some major flaws, like it's a real sucker for the Jaguar's throw, the Katana's head stomp or the Gargoyle's air throw (forgot the name).
Ah, and it nearly never blocks or counters the Shadow's shadow grab, so just throwing lost of them gives an easy victory.
I liked to play with Electra, Shadow and Katana (for pure style), worst bot is the Pyro in my opinion, 'cause it's mighty slow, has a nice thrust though.
You have to use the destruction moves, not only do they give extra credit, but most of the unranked challengers are triggered by destruction and defeating them is really worthwhile money-vise and for special 'bot upgrades.

Gotta go electrocute some lame Novas!

MetalKid
28-10-2010, 03:50 AM
I loved the Jaguar because it had the fastest (or tied for fastest) leg kicks/power in the game. It got to the point that you could push the AI opponent into a corner and not let them get any hits in, even if they blocked it.

eugene425
30-10-2010, 09:15 PM
Yes, and of course you are allowed to give them the link. That is why I uploaded it to megaupload.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=ZHS6VH58
Once I download this game, how do I start it?:mhh:

The Fifth Horseman
31-10-2010, 07:20 AM
Use DOSBox, enter the game directory, run omf.exe

eugene425
02-11-2010, 10:37 PM
Use DOSBox, enter the game directory, run omf.exe
Very funny:perv:But i mean no this/ This is iso-file/ What him open?

_r.u.s.s.
02-11-2010, 10:57 PM
in this section of dosbox tutorial (http://www.dosbox.com/wiki/MOUNT#Mounting_an_ISO-File_as_volume) is an example of how to mount an ISO file

just mount your regular c drive and then also iso as a d drive, which will be your cd-rom in dosbox

De-M-oN
20-01-2014, 08:53 PM
Love this game :-)

But can it be, that the newest version of the game has no german language?

In setup I can only choose english. And if I use the german.dat of an older version, in setup the language appears, but the texts ingame are often very wrong, you can clearly see that this file is not for the new version.
Its a bit pity for german users. The translation to german was actually very good.
__

At the screen before the loading sequence press and hold BIG5
For more debris ;D
Value can be between 1 and 9. But 9 gets ridiculous xD 5 is enough^^ 1 is default
__
I also like it, that all robots give you the feel, that they actually can be all strong if handled right. Especially because the AI can handle them all actually very well. This clearly shows they are good if handled right.
I personally can only control well the Jaguar, Nova and Pyros.
For my skill the worst are Shadow, Chronos, Gargoyle.

Without consideration of skill the Gargoyle seems to be the weakest to me and directly after it the chronos..
These both is also the AI bad with. Especially the Gargoyle is damn easy to defeat.
Gargoyle has very low damage and very easy blockable special moves.

I really would like to see an other robot than jag, nova, pyros controlled well by a player.
Some of you preferred katana? I really would like to see videos from it^^

Death Adder
05-05-2021, 11:44 AM
Hey, y'all.

If anyone's looking for the OMF2097 instruction manual and strategy guide, I've recently acquired both, and made high-resolution scans.

Feel welcome to download 'em...

One Must Fall 2097 Instruction Manual (http://www.diskman.com/presents/scans/One_Must_Fall_2097_Instruction_Manual.pdf)
One Must Fall 2097 Strategy Guide (http://www.diskman.com/presents/scans/One_Must_Fall_2097_Strategy_Guide.pdf)

...and enjoy! :max:

Smiling Spectre
10-05-2021, 07:12 PM
Grabbed them for the eXoDOS. Thank you.

Death Adder
12-05-2021, 10:04 AM
Grabbed them for the eXoDOS. Thank you.

Right on, I'm glad they're helpful.