PDA

View Full Version : No Music And Choppy Audio

kabukibear
29-10-2006, 02:02 PM
Hey guys, sorry to bother you all again. I got the QFG Anthology and installed QfG4 cd version. It works and I've gotten past the other bug but now another one has come up. First off, there's no music at all, and secondly, the sfx and voices are very choppy. I don't mind that, I can turn the voices off but I'd really like to still hear the music of the game. Any help?

kabukibear
29-10-2006, 07:22 PM
Nevermind, I got it to work perfectly using vdm sound. Thanks though!

bobson
31-10-2006, 06:58 AM
I had same problem with HeXen. VDM sound can fix this problem?? What is VDM sound ??

Lulu_Jane
31-10-2006, 09:07 AM
VDM sound is an emulator, just like DOSbox, for running old games on new systems. You can find the download link to it right here (http://www.abandonia.com/main.php?nav=programs)
You may find it simpler to use than DOSbox :)

Morrin
02-11-2006, 12:27 PM
Specificly, it doesn't emulate the game itself but the sound, for example, in games that still needed soundsetup but worked only in win95. DosBox in other way is completely for Dos programs (Dos emulator that is)

Mighty Midget
02-11-2006, 07:37 PM
One difference between those two is that DosBox won't allow me to take full advantage of my programmeable joystick whereas VDMSound does. Well, actually I only tried to run TIE Fighter, but anyway.