PDA

View Full Version : Looking For Game

Rabbit
11-08-2006, 04:58 PM
Hi all together!

I'm looking for an old pc game. I had it about 13 years ago on my computer. It seemed to be a little bit older (maybe from 1989 oder 90). My problem is that I don't know its name or the label. It was some kind of a science-fiction game. I was driving (or maybe hovering) through a landscape with several buildings that looked like big boxes. At some of these I could buy ammo or shields and something that way. I don't know the goal of the game, but I had to shoot at some robots who were hovering through the landscape. I remember further that
there was a bridge over a river, but couldn't get over it. Can anybody help me? I looked everywhere in the www, but i couldn't find it.

The Fifth Horseman
16-08-2006, 02:49 PM
Sounds kind of like Mechwarrior...

DonCorleone
20-08-2006, 06:14 PM
It might be "Quarantine" as well. Although the buildings were a little more detailed...

And if it is something like Mechwarrior. There were another game of this battle-robot-genre but from another publisher. At its time they were big competitors, I believe. Unfortunately I don't know the name anymore...

Cloudy
20-08-2006, 10:22 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(DonCorleone @ Aug 20 2006, 07:14 PM) 249778</div>

And if it is something like Mechwarrior. There were another game of this battle-robot-genre but from another publisher. At its time they were big competitors, I believe. Unfortunately I don't know the name anymore...
[/b]

There was the EarthSeige games.

And also.. a game called Terra Nova springs to mind.

But in terms of hovering things...

There was a really old 3d first person shooter game by id Software called Hovertank, where you were a hovering tank, basically. It was a couple years before Wolfenstein 3d but used an early version of the same graphics engine.

There was also a game that came with some versions of Windows 95 called Hover, where you were a hovering tank.. it was a kinda Capture the Flag style thing if I recall correctly.

DonCorleone
21-08-2006, 10:50 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Cloudy @ Aug 20 2006, 10:22 PM) 249808</div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(DonCorleone @ Aug 20 2006, 07:14 PM) 249778

[/b]

There was the EarthSeige games.

[/b][/quote]

Yeah, I exactly meant this one...