PDA

View Full Version : Dosbox And Crashing

Phoenix_Ashes
04-08-2006, 04:10 PM
Hello folks,

I`d be really grateful if someone could help. Since installing DosBox and Blade of Destiny my other computer has been crashing, rebooting and freezing very regularly, roughly once every 10-15 minutes. Although the computer was experiencing crashing difficulties before, it was usually restricted to once in 5-6 hours. Could it be DosBox? Has any one else had a problem like this? Or think they know how to correct it? Thanks in advance.

Eagle of Fire
04-08-2006, 04:29 PM
I'd be surprised that DOSBox is related to that. I'd rather check first if your computer is not overheating if I was you. DOSBox take a lot of ressources from the computer, and it could be a very good reason why the temperature rise faster.

First thing first: open your case (make certain you are grounded so you don't discharge electricity on a component) and clean the computer from dust (you should be, like everyone else, surprised on how much dust a tower can gather with time). Safest way to do that is to have a soft air outake (they sell presurised air cans made especialy for that, but they are very costly when you consider that you are basiclly buying air in a bottle). Then make sure that all the fans are working when you turn the power on, especially the fan for your power supply.

Quintopotere
05-08-2006, 11:24 AM
Probably Eagle of Fire is right.
I just wanna add that usually when DosBox has trouble, it only freeze itself and the windows desktop returns.

Phoenix_Ashes
06-08-2006, 06:32 PM
Many Thanks Guys,

I`ve taken measures to cool the comp down and it seems to be running fine for now.

On to the next problem. ......