PDA

View Full Version : Help Me!

Sebatianos
01-11-2004, 12:51 AM
I just uploaded a few games, among others a LucasArts Classic Adventures. It's a set of five classics: Maniac Mansion; Zak McCracken and the Alien Mindbendors; Loom; Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade & The Secret of Monkey Island.

Now I don't have a cracked version of the games, this are the original archives from 1992, they came on seven disks and the original works just fine. If you wanna play them, you'll have to copy the files in the disk folders to old floppys (or is there another way) and the games will start, but I just tries playing Zak and the game stopped and shut down. Does anybody have an idea on how to fix this (maybe even crack it?!).

BTW, I'll upload the securitiy pages of the original manual as soon as this (http://www.mustek.com/html/prod_scan/BearPawVIP/bp_1200cu.html) peace of junk :rifle: :Titan: :sniper: starts working again, or I get to a different scaner.

Oh, and don't dare say anything bad about Zak McCraken, it was my first ever adventure game (this one got me addicted to all the rest)!!!

Eagle of Fire
01-11-2004, 02:54 AM
Giving out a little more information about the real problem would be nice. There is not much I know right now to even consider trying to figure the reason of why it is not working... :blink:

Razor2
01-11-2004, 07:32 AM
do you use Dosbox?

Sebatianos
01-11-2004, 07:51 AM
Nope, it's acctually even worse, because I can't even start the game in DosBox. If you run the Zak.bat file it'll just try and aouto configure your sound - and crash :wall: , so I'd have to start the Zaká.exe file, but I just dont know how to make the á simbol in DosBox :eeeeeh:

wormpaul
01-11-2004, 08:18 AM
Hmm...

Verry difficult problem....

Ever tried to find that combination in WORDS???....

Eagle of Fire
01-11-2004, 08:53 AM
If you run the Zak.bat file it'll just try and aouto configure your sound - and crash

Seems like you got a sound card problem. The sound card you have in your computer might not be compatible with the game.

Did you try without the sound?

Did you try with VDMSound?

Sebatianos
01-11-2004, 09:26 AM
Yuppie!!!
VDMSound finally works!!!
Thaks!
I hope everyone will benefit from this,

now if there's just someone around to close this topic!

Eagle of Fire
01-11-2004, 05:38 PM
now if there's just someone around to close this topic!

Why??? :blink:

FreeFreddy
01-11-2004, 06:07 PM
You just don't need to post here anymore as the question sems to be solved. But it will be locked probably, if here will be more posts that don't belong to the theme. :)

Unknown Hero
01-11-2004, 06:42 PM
Are you sure that you can upload that games?
I think Lucasarts is still selling them! :blink:

Rogue
05-11-2004, 02:30 PM
I saw couple games on some web sites, but they did not last long (web sites) as Lucas Art will try to drain more money from any of their games.

Long ago I purchased Lucas Art Archive, which came with most of these old games.