PDA

View Full Version : Trouble Running X-com Apocalypse

chainsoar
09-06-2006, 07:01 PM
OK, here's the story. Originally, I downloaded Apocalypse through the good ol' torrents network we all love so much. However, this caused problems as any solutions I read on the web for running the game on XP were redundant due to the fact that the folders etc were all different and it confused the hell out of me. I decided to start over from the beginning when I found I could download the game from abandonia. Now I'm at square 1, my problem is this. Although the version I downloaded here seems to come fully loaded with all the patches and everything, and the game seems to want to work, when I try to run it, a black screen comes up, as is the way when you start any game, but then, nothing happens. Obviously there's some final tweak I need to make to get it to work fully. I've read on various sites that it's possible to run it on XP without Dosbox. Any suggestions? Thanks.

The Fifth Horseman
13-06-2006, 04:58 PM
Yes. X-Com Apocalypse will run perfectly through VDMSound, done that myself.

24-06-2006, 10:53 PM
[font=Georgia]Ok, so maybe I'm stupid but I can't get it to work with vdm, dosbox or xp :wallbash:

Eagle of Fire
24-06-2006, 11:12 PM
Please start yourself a new thread about your problem, and tell us more. Like what you did already, why it doesn't seem to work, did you get any error messages, etc.